Who will play right side of attack on Sunday ?

Who will play right side of attack on Sunday ?

• Ramsey

Votes: 79 14.3%
  • Aribo

Votes: 303 54.9%
  • Roofe

Votes: 73 13.2%
  • Arfield

Votes: 78 14.1%
  • Sakala

Votes: 22 4.0%
  • Wright

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Lowry

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kamara

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Amad

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
I think Aribo plays right side but I wish we had another Kent to give more balance. It’s one place I think we could have recruited better as the wingers we have for the right hand side aren’t good enough. I like Sakala btw but he’s not at Kent’s level.

Makes for grim reading, all those options and the only two natural right wingers with pace should be nowhere near a matchday squad, rest are quality but very clearly not right wingers for our system.

I voted for Fashion but that's my preferred choice rather than who I think will actually start there. (read question wrong!)

That will be Arfield is my guess.

I think it will be Arfield. I am happy with that as he has had two weeks rest and turns up for these games.

That said, my first choice would be Ramsey, he has the class to make a difference.

Makes for grim reading, all those options and the only two natural right wingers with pace should be nowhere near a matchday squad, rest are quality but very clearly not right wingers for our system.
Roofe done pretty well there last season mate , Aribo & Hagi doing their bit too .

Hagi has been missed

I like Aribo out there in an OF.

Jack & Lundstram, with either Ramsay/Arfield or Kamara with the final place.

Arfield is decent in OF games, imo. Ramsey could be huge though.

Kamara sits out for me.

Hopefully front 4 of Morelos Kent Ramsey & Roofe. That front 3 ran riot last season against them, along with Ramsey we will get goals.

We'll be playing a 4-2-3-1 and the only 2 realistic options are either Ramsey or Aribo imo.

I've went for Ramsey, with Kent on the left and either Kamara or Aribo central.

The rest of the side picks itself.

I’m guessing Roofe
I'd play Roofe. Early on under GVB we were playing a more traditional front 3 as opposed to what Gerrard preferred, and in that Roofe clearly wasn't suited. Recently we have seen Arfield and to a much lesser extent Ramsey playing on that right side but hardly hugging the touchline. I'm at a loss why Arfield in particular would be preferred to Roofe in that role.

Doubt it will be Amad /Diallo.
Thought he was supposed to be a talented player looks pretty shit to me a time he's played

I think he'll go with the Europe 5-3-2 system and stick Kent alongside Morelos.

If he opts for the 4-3-3 then I'd go with Roofe personally as Aribo is miles off it at the moment, Ramsey belongs in the middle & I feel like Arfield is an impact player in this squad but I think he'll go with Ramsey.

Ramsey alongside jack and lundstrum and either roofe or aribo alongside Kent and Alfie bring on sakala when legs start to tire

I think Roofe could work well pressing on the right hand side. Kent same on left.
Jack , Lundstram and Ramsey in midfield for me

I just wish we had signed a quality right winger, that could play in the managers preferred system, rather than shoehorning a midfielder or centre forward in there. Anyway it will be Aribo I reckon with Arfield,Jack, Lundstam in midfield.

I think Aribo will play on the right. Jack and Lundstram will be the 2 holding. That leaves the attacking central midfielder which will be either Kamara or Arfield.

It should be Ramsey but I doubt he gets thrown in now after hardly starting so far.

Has Gio ever played Aribo on the right? He’s always played number 10.

For me, Ramsay’s best role is the central 10 and is not as effective out wide.

Aribo has shown he can play on the right like he did last season, cutting in on his left foot with Tav on the outside.

I think Aribo will play on the right. Jack and Lundstram will be the 2 holding. That leaves the attacking central midfielder which will be either Kamara or Arfield.

It should be Ramsey but I doubt he gets thrown in now after hardly starting so far.
He played a high pressure match for Wales and I watched him very closely. His fitness is definitely there as he was making lung bursting runs to get into the box and also worked back well. One thing that stood out was his composure on the ball when pressed after winning the ball back, this will be crucial against that mob. I would start him and ask him to go all out for 65 mins. There’s plenty of quality on the bench to make changes later on.

Should be either Sakala or Roofe. There's not enough goals from any of the other options to not play one of them. I'd prefer Roofe over Sakala, but Fashion's pace could hurt them bad.

Back