Who would you sell and why?

Struths Canary

I know very few want to think about it, and every thread ends up with no-one at all being sold ever, but....based on form, new manager, contract length, role and potential income how do you rate them?

1. Goldson - £2m....wants to go anyway, and isn't signing extension. Helander back in January. Just makes sense.
2. Barisic - now a tough one as value peak is waaay past now but still a well thought of player. Lost his place for Croatia and not really doing much in new 4-2-3-1.....might £6m tempt us?
3. Kent - £15m is the rumour and we'd be crazy not to. Wonderful on his day but absolutely no game sense or tactical nouse.
4. Alfredo - doubt he will ever really learn to knuckle down.....£10m and he's away. Also doesn't seem a Gio player....he won't be indulged any more.

I'd try and keep Hagi, Kamara and Patterson....

What do we think?

I'd sell Morelos, I'm getting fed up with him being unable to do the basics and he isn't scoring goals to make up for that now.

How many times does he come short from a throw in only for him to hit the ball out the park when he's trying to play it back to the player taking the throw?

His link up play has been rotten as well recently and 9 times out of 10 he passes it straight to an opposition player.

Goldson I think will sign a pre-contract in January with a team down south.

I like Kent and he gets too much of a hard time on here in my opinion but if we were to get a £15m bid I think we would be daft not to take it and strengthen the squad.

This squad is more than good enough to win the title. I would keep going as is until the Summer, and then Gio has time and resources to change things as he sees fit, knowing Champions League football is assured. There is never really much value in the Jan transfer window for obvious reasons.

With the massive reward available for winning the title, we only sell in January if the offer is too high to turn down.

Players like Kamara, Kent and Aribo are such an integral part of how we play that any moves for them need to wait for the summer for me. Morelos is a total enigma, and I doubt we will have a decision to make on him in January as he needs to get his consistent menace back before anyone wants him.

If we absolutely had to sell, the 2 players possibly most replaceable might be Hagi and Barisic, as long as the manager gets enough of the money generated to replace them.

Alfredo - despite some big goals, in big games. Still feel he is a little hot or cold.

Goldson - think he's decided he's going anyway, again seems to have good games and bad games.

Both good, but certainly replaceable.

I just hope there are a few dutch youths that come through and gio et al are looking at them.

Think a few others will go, but due to age won't be getting sold as such
Mcgregor
Davis
Mclaughlin
If so we really need a young keeper

Roofe - too good a player not to be a starter and we can get good money for him

Lundstrum - again too good a player to be a sub and we could get decent money for him

Simpson - he needs to go and play at his own level, lucky to get any money for him

Wright - not starting and not coming on as a sub and we might get decent money for him

This would give Gio enough to strengthen the spine which badly needs money spent on it

Would rather keep Goldson and lose him for a free in the summer than sell him for £2m in Jan…

Lundstram is not value for money in the slightest and with Jack back and hopefully fit, even less so.

Simpson I’d move on and sign up Souttar from Hearts.

Morelos, Hagi, Kent, Aribo & Kamara all saleable and replaceable - but only sell for top dollar…

Morelos - better and more fluid in final third without him.

Hagi - the odd flash here and there but never in the game enough.

Patterson - take the money. Not replacing Tav anytime soon.

Borna - he's just a bit meh these days.

Selling Goldson and or Morelos in January would be a massive gamble for retaining the title.

Goldson would go for peanuts due to having six months left and Morelos leaving would leave us with Roofe who is injury prone and Sakala. We would need to replace whoever went and they would need to hit the ground running.

I know very few want to think about it, and every thread ends up with no-one at all being sold ever, but....based on form, new manager, contract length, role and potential income how do you rate them?

1. Goldson - £2m....wants to go anyway, and isn't signing extension. Helander back in January. Just makes sense.
2. Barisic - now a tough one as value peak is waaay past now but still a well thought of player. Lost his place for Croatia and not really doing much in new 4-2-3-1.....might £6m tempt us?
3. Kent - £15m is the rumour and we'd be crazy not to. Wonderful on his day but absolutely no game sense or tactical nouse.
4. Alfredo - doubt he will ever really learn to knuckle down.....£10m and he's away. Also doesn't seem a Gio player....he won't be indulged any more.

What do we think?
I'd sell you to Kerrydale Street for suggesting we sell Kent for 15 million. He's also one of our most tactically aware players - always does his job defensively

Selling Goldson and or Morelos in January would be a massive gamble for retaining the title.

Goldson would go for peanuts due to having six months left and Morelos leaving would leave us with Roofe who is injury prone and Sakala. We would need to replace whoever went and they would beee to hit the ground running.
Ahem, none of them are Leven in January.

What do we think?

Nobody in January and certainly not Goldson.

Neither Helander or Balogun are physically reliable and there's absolutely no guarantee they'll stay fit until the end of the season, once they return from injury.

Both Robertson and Wilson reiterated at the AGM that we don't need to sell anyone mid season, so let's not.

We keep this squad together and we win the league by at least 10 points.
Then we can sell and strengthen further.

Roofe - too good a player not to be a starter and we can get good money for him

Lundstrum - again too good a player to be a sub and we could get decent money for him

Simpson - he needs to go and play at his own level, lucky to get any money for him

Wright - not starting and not coming on as a sub and we might get decent money for him

This would give Gio enough to strengthen the spine which badly needs money spent on it

How much do you think we would get for Roofe considering we bought him for I think about £4m and he has been good but plenty of injuries and isn’t a nailed on starter every week.

Hagi, I like that he gets stuck in but can be completely ineffective and I think we could get a decent fee for him.

confused-side-eye.gif

I want to keep this group together for the rest of the season they know each other’s game and we need that continuity. Give the new management team time to implant their own style on them and we can reap the 30m reward next season,
We can do business in the summer
Kent had a poor game last night yet made the difference when it mattered. Alfie had been off form yet still scored a double in Europe for us.
Hagi always able to create that one moment of magic to win a game.
Aribo - not even up for debate. Must keep
Goldson we know there’s a player there he needs to find his mojo again soon though

What do we think?
Morelos

Hagi is the obvious one. A player who tries his heart out for us and gives everything he has but ultimately one we can afford to lose.

He has a good name, played well at youth level for Romania and could do well in a different league hence why I could see him being a good player for other teams and in countries where technically gifted players have more time on the ball.

He has a good name, played well at youth level for Romania and could do well in a different league hence why I could see him being a good player for other teams and in countries where technically gifted players have more time on the ball.
We will get top dollar for Hagi in a year or two.

What do we think?
Agree keep Hagi but only if we start playing him central. He is never a wide right player always gives us more when he comes central.

We'll only sell if we get an offer that we simply can't refuse, January is a sellers market. Not sure why some get so upset when the prospect of selling players is mentioned though, it's a model that we desperately need to start implementing. We can't run on fresh air and we need to refresh the squad at some point. It's all about how much we get when we do sell, and how we reinvest the money.

Barisic has regressed to the player who first joined us, we would be lucky to get over £5m IMO currently

Goldson I don't think will sign a new deal and will leave in the summer.

Morelos will again be subject of speculation and I think it is coming to the time where we need to replace him, he's half the player he was 2 seasons ago and his value will reflect that.

Our 3 prized assets are Kamara, Aribo and Patterson IMO. Kent is also valuable but I reckon the others are worth more.

Definitely Goldson, he doesn't want to be here.

Hagi, I just don't see how he fits in on a regular basis. He doesn't seem to work in most games despite being a very talented player.

Morelos, he's been really poor this season for both managers, not just that but he's always missed sitters but this season it seems worse than ever. I've said this a million times but van Vossen's miss should be consigned to the dustbin with the sitters morelos has had.

Doubt we'd get decent money now.

If Lundstram wanted away we could sell him no problem back down south.

If we needed a sale in January I’d be attracted to sell either Hagi or Barisic as well as offloading the players out the loop like barker, Firth, Middleton etc

If he's not going to get a chance as a number 10 then Hagi.

I think we would be left wondering what could have been though.

Goldson is the only main stay of our central defence. The only one there week after week.

Be madness to sell him now given how unlikely it would be to get a suitable replacement in and up to speed.

Morelos, he's been really poor this season for both managers, not just that but he's always missed sitters but this season it seems worse than ever. I've said this a million times but van Vossen's miss should be consigned to the dustbin with the sitters morelos has had.

Doubt we'd get decent money now.
Agreed.

He frustrates the hell out of me.

Definitely needs to go in Jan or the summer.

Another player who has over stayed their time at Rangers - and it shows.

Hagi and Barisic

Think our system will work better with Bassey as LB and a more pace on the right of the three for Hagi

Right price for Morelos too wouldnt be too upset, hes not been at it for ages

Good chance Goldson will be sold, but we need to bring a proper replacement if thats the case

I want to keep this group together for the rest of the season they know each other’s game and we need that continuity. Give the new management team time to implant their own style on them and we can reap the 30m reward next season,
We can do business in the summer
Kent had a poor game last night yet made the difference when it mattered. Alfie had been off form yet still scored a double in Europe for us.
Hagi always able to create that one moment of magic to win a game.
Aribo - not even up for debate. Must keep
Goldson we know there’s a player there he needs to find his mojo again soon though
If aribo doesn’t get a new contract then he is a must sell, Need to learn from the Goldson scenario

Bacuna Simpson and Barker.

Free up some wages to get another couple in.

Morelos but only if a bid came in we couldn’t knock back and Gio had a replacement already lined up.

If we get decent offers for Morelos, Aribo or Kent then there's a good chance they'll be away. 18 months left on their contracts next month, not saying we'd sell all 3 in one window.

People suggesting selling Kent or Patterson, seriously. No chance. We all know what Kent’s like when he’s on it. We just have to get him back to his best, there are glimpses there. No way for NP. We develop him and play him more, then further down the line, the fee will be higher for him. He’s going to be an EPL in the future, there’s no doubt about it. There is no rush to get rid of him.

Back