Why are the war years not counted?

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
Genuine and simple question, why are the war years not counted?

Was a significant number of players away fighting or was the league structure changed to regions?

I assume there must be some reason for it, I just don’t know what it is. Can anyone shed any light on why?

Unless there were significant numbers away fighting I don’t see why they shouldn’t be counted especially when others count certain stats.

Is there ever any prospect of the club and players being recognised for their success in a very difficult period or has that long gone.

It's worth putting this into a bit of context rather than simply saying that the setup changed and it was regional leagues. The Scottish Leagues split into the Southern League and North Eastern League. The Southern League effectively was the Scottish League in terms of clubs that could challenge for anything, aside from Aberdeen (I say that lightly, it's not as if they were a powerhouse at the time).

The North Eastern League also included the likes of Dundee United, Dunfermline, East Fife. This league was actually won by Rangers Reserves in one of the war seasons.

I've never read anything which stated that "this was all unofficial". Football changed, there was obviously massive disruption in many aspects of life, sport and everything else, but for a sense of normality the game did continue and it was still competitive.

We don't count them because they were Southern League titles rather than Scottish League titles. That's it.

Was a significant number of players away fighting or was the league structure changed to regions?

I assume there must be some reason for it, I just don’t know what it is. Can anyone shed any light on why?

Unless there were significant numbers away fighting I don’t see why they shouldn’t be counted especially when others count certain stats.

Is there ever any prospect of the club and players being recognised for their success in a very difficult period or has that long gone.
Ffs man the troops have just splashed out for 55 banners and you ask that .:)):)):)):)):)

No
WW1 League football was official - no Scottish Cup took place

WW2 All organised football was suspended and the games that took place were unofficial games
Not quite though bud.

The filth, and we're talking officicial sellik historians, count all their goals in those unofficial times as official.

To sum it up succinctly.

According to the filth, Rangers 8 v Celtic 1 on Jan 1st, 1943 was an unofficial match. But their solitary goal scored, is accounted for in their records as official!

You work out their diseased minds. I gave it up a long time ago.

It's worth putting this into a bit of context rather than simply saying that the setup changed and it was regional leagues. The Scottish Leagues split into the Southern League and North Eastern League. The Southern League effectively was the Scottish League in terms of clubs that could challenge for anything, aside from Aberdeen (I say that lightly, it's not as if they were a powerhouse at the time).

The North Eastern League also included the likes of Dundee United, Dunfermline, East Fife. This league was actually won by Rangers Reserves in one of the war seasons.

I've never read anything which stated that "this was all unofficial". Football changed, there was obviously massive disruption in many aspects of life, sport and everything else, but for a sense of normality the game did continue and it was still competitive.

We don't count them because they were Southern League titles rather than Scottish League titles. That's it.
Exactly, but as further context Celtic were present in all of them unlike us who were "removed" between 2013-2016 during their claimed 8.75.

It's because there was a war on, one which threatened our very existence as a country.

Pretty understandable really.

Thank you.

Worth listening to the war years on the Heart and Hand patreon, great insight into some of the achievements during those years.

“Cause the huns hid their players in the shipyards while the rest went to war” if you were to believe the mentally challengeds haha

No

Not quite though bud.

The filth, and we're talking officicial sellik historians, count all their goals in those unofficial times as official.

To sum it up succinctly.

According to the filth, Rangers 8 v Celtic 1 on Jan 1st, 1943 was an unofficial match. But their solitary goal scored, is accounted for in their records as official!

ra sellik still count their goalscorers
I am well aware of what they include in their records, that is up to the clubs

No

Not quite though bud.

To sum it up succinctly.

The Piggery historian's office must look something like Winston Smith's office in the Ministry of Truth from Nineteen Eighty-Four

WW1 League football was official - no Scottish Cup took place

WW2 All organised football was suspended and the games that took place were unofficial games
Why are the winners of the league in Scotland counted in WW1, but there are no such league winners in that war in England?
Of course in Scotland, the trophy haul during this conflict was won by a certain club whose totals would be much damaged if the same rules that applied in WW2 had applied in WW1.

Also a lot of players were on service meaning teams were depleted
Not according to the 'Glory and the Dream'.

According to the filth back then, Willie Thornton, who won a war time medal for bravery/gallantary was a member of the British Expeditonary Force (Back Every Friday)

While their ancestors were keeping their lights on, we had players risking their lives.

Should be 62 coming up, Rangers won the best league in Scotland 7 times, they should be counted IMO.

This also contained the very first 9 in a row if I'm not mistaken.

I'm somewhat at odds here with you.

Surely it is the authorities who decide what is official and what's unofficial? Not indivudual clubs.

Going by filth logic, we are one the cusp of title #62?
Guessing why it is deemed to unofficial because it wasn't officially organised by the SFL

If they want to includes into their records so be it

The Southern League was classed as regional we know

Why are the winners of the league in Scotland counted in WW1, but there are no such league winners in that war in England?
Of course in Scotland, the trophy haul during this conflict was won by a certain club whose totals would be much damaged if the same rules that applied in WW2 had applied in WW1.
The Scottish Football League kept it going for it was never suspended where in England it was

yes they wouldn't have had 3 titles but we wouldn't have one either

Southern league with sir Stanley Mathews playing as a guest for rangers, airdrie & Morton and he wasnt the only one doing that. Hardly a normal league.

Maybe we can bring in messi for the game on Saturday.

Guessing why it is deemed to unofficial because it wasn't officially organised by the SFL

If they want to includes into their records so be it

The Southern League was classed as regional we know
Absolutely in agreement. I have never thought of the WW2 years as anything but unofficial.

It is just the naked and outright hypocrisy of the filth that grates.

They have slagged us off through official club media and historians and implied we won all the gongs going in that period because our players were cosied up and kept exempt from the war.

When all the while, we don't count records from that period as official, but they do.

Scum does as scum is.

I'm somewhat at odds here with you.

Surely it is the authorities who decide what is official and what's unofficial? Not indivudual clubs.

Going by filth logic, we are one the cusp of title #62?
It's not unofficial though. It's just regional. We shouldn't forget our Southern and Emergency league titles but they aren't Scottish league titles. It's worth noting the mentally challengeds refused to play guest players, probably because they didn't want too many British protestants playing for them. Thats probably why they include those goals. I think we include the goals in our records but obviously it doesn't go on the league tally.

but it suits them to include their golascorer in their 8-1 defeat to us in their official history
Let’s not behave like them, they’ve always had an inferiority complex, they are the obsessed, a despicable desperate mob who will stoop lower than a snake’s belly if it suits their agenda, always been the same and I doubt they’ll ever change, we only need to look to the recent past to see how nasty and deplorable they are.

No

Not quite though bud.

To sum it up succinctly.

If that's the case then surely they can have no objection to the 8 that we scored being also regarded as official B-)

W.A.T.P.

Back