Why did we go to Dubai?

FF won't be happy until the squad are spending winter in an Arctic wasteland being hunted by wolves and polar bears.

I know that when I am in the middle of working I find it easier to continue each day no questions asked. If I have a break or go on holiday it takes me a while to get back into the swing of things. I have to fight off the annoyance of being back at work and the holiday being over etc.

Who's to say this isn't the same crap that's happened to the team. I know it's not strictly a holiday because they're still working and some of the sessions can be gruelling, but I know if I was in the same position I'd be missing the luxury and good weather as I returned to Scotland.

Agree with the posters that have said that going to Dubai, in itself, is not the issue.

Personally, I suspect that the players actually *overtrained* while there, rather than undertrained or slackened off.

Watching the past few games, some players have looked out on their feet to me.

With the right recuperation, I feel that they will recover soon.

In addition to that, there is also the return of key players, which will help the group.

Our team has basically played a league season already, think yesterday was game 35.

Our players should've had major rest and recovery, regardless of where it was

Winter breaks should be binned. It breaks up momentum, and there is enough of these breaks for the Internationals, again affecting momentum. If the beaks think the players need a rest, then bin the LC for the SPL Clubs, after we win another Treble of course.

How come the scum didn’t lose their momentum?

Clearly lessons weren't learnt from last year when they went to Tenerife during the winter break and returned still in holiday mode and lost to Kilmarnock first game back.

Why go to Dubai?

We ain't won nothing in years. If we had won the league Cup I could see the validity in heading off to such a destination.

Once again we return to the Scottish climate out of shape and with a player (Stewart) down through injury.

I'd much rather the management and players stayed here in Scotland and just continued doing what they had been doing.

I guess that would have meant some of those behind the scenes would have missed out on a free jolly...

Sickened at that garbage today.
Probably easier to guarantee good weather for outdoor training, good facilities, maybe hoping for a rich Arab investor haha

I think any winter break friendly or trip abroad needs questioned...as much as I loved it, it does beg the question

Back