Why don’t the club call a spade a spade?

Nationalist Govt hate Rangers and our proud Unionist traditions

Swinney and the Nationalist Govt statement yesterday was out of order and overstepped the mark

Silence is another lie in a series of lies, sleeve, corruption, and is a pure deflection tactic

Yesterday 2 SNP MP’s at Westminster accused of inappropriate sexual harassment of a male SNP staffer by a male SNP MP and a female SNP MP

Hey presto let’s focus on big bad Rangers fans for celebrating

Whatever comes out of the Nationalists mouth is utter hatred against our glorious institution and as far as I’m concerned they can phuck off

When your own Govt and ministers say phuck all about 50 years of child sexual abuse at CFC and two riots at Sharkheid then sorry your views are tainted with obvious bias

Sorry buddy but this is complete garbage.

Folk were going regardless of any messaging in the run up to Saturday. No amount of Statements or Social Media posts, or even the tannoy announcements on the day were going to change anyone’s mind.

The point that is being made is that the Govt were engaged and did nothing, and are now trying to shift that blame to the club.

I do appreciate that social media posts or club statements wouldn't have made a difference as the fans would have turned up anyway.

However, the club should have been savvy enough to realise that failing to issue social media posts or statements would leave us wide open to criticism in the press.

I do agree with your point about Govt and Police doing nothing (as they normally do!) and then shifting the blame to us but if we had been more proactive and took some simple steps we could be on the front foot just now.

I do appreciate that social media posts or club statements wouldn't have made a difference as the fans would have turned up anyway.

However, the club should have been savvy enough to realise that failing to issue social media posts or statements would leave us wide open to criticism in the press.

I do agree with your point about Govt and Police doing nothing (as they normally do!) and then shifting the blame to us but if we had been more proactive and took some simple steps we could be on the front foot just now.
So our Manager, our leader, on two occasions during press conferences urging fans to follow guidelines is not enough? Are, we the public so stupid over a year into a pandemic to not know that going out in a mass gathering is wrong? Really? It was human nature and raw emotion just like the BLM protests and Sharkheid mentally challenged barrier throwing.
Let’s not let facts get in the way of a good story. It is the Government and Police job to deal with public order. They fell asleep at the wheel to coin a popular phrase. They knew the gatherings would be in those numbers and to be fair the policing on the day seemed good. The statements yesterday are two fold. One to take the focus away from the internal sexual harassment claims and to have yet another dig at a Unionist population. I am not having it. I will defend my club as they have done nothing wrong.

So do you also accept that even if we had sent social media messages very 5 minutes, along with tannoy announcements, it wouldn’t have been enough or we would have not been strong enough in our messages.
This is the same government that brought our club into Celtic fans rioting at Sharkhead.

Back