Why don’t we pack the midfield against them?

James19

I don’t really get it. We all said it before the game. We say it before every game against them.

Is Lawrence playing further up to sit on McGregor? It clearly doesn’t work.

Their movement is pretty good but they had so much freedom at times, in dangerous positions.

I just don’t see what that midfielder playing further forward offers. Dessers and the two wide men should be sufficient to cause some kind of threat - with midfield and a full-back supporting.

It worked for Gerrard, albeit with superior players.

I don’t really get it. We all said it before the game. We say it before every game against them.

Their movement is pretty good but they had so much freedom at times, in dangerous positions.

I just don’t see what that midfielder playing further forward offers. Dessers and the two wide men should be sufficient to cause some kind of threat - with midfield and a full-back supporting.

Who would you have ‘packed’ the midfield with ?

Said the same before the game.

Diomande Lundstram Sterling
Cantwell Lawrence

Play the two 10s that worked under Gerrard.

And who would have played in place of sterling ?

As has been said, it was the perfect opportunity to play the 4321 formation we used under Gerrard.

Constantly sticking with 4231 right now is like trying to play 442 with no fit or capable strikers or 352 with zero centre halves.

We just don’t have the players required to make the system he’s trying okay work, so people are rightly asking why keeps doing what isn’t working.

As has been said, it was the perfect opportunity to play the 4321 formation we used under Gerrard.

Constantly sticking with 4231 right now is like trying to play 442 with no fit or capable strikers or 352 with zero centre halves.

We just don’t have the players required to make the system he’s trying okay work, so people are rightly asking why keeps doing what isn’t working.
Aw ok . Thanks for that

Genuinely Lawrence is worse than a man down. In that first half did he actually pass the ball to another Rangers player?

If Mccausland is deemed good enough to come on at half time when down to 10 men then start him and put Sterling in the middle

It was there or there abouts if we had only tried to have a shot on target.
I’m saying flooding that midfield and killing the spectacle would have had us nearer to where we wanted to be.

We played into their hands again. Feels like learning how the AI plays on a computer game.

There big players turn up in these games and also they know they don’t need a 90 minute performance 45 usually does it the second maybe different if not for the red as that changed the game and you seem the panic in them the last 10-15 minutes but easier to ride out 1 man up

I’m not sure the manager has it in him to come up with another plan.

Don’t know if it’s stubbornness, arrogance or sheer delusion, but can see him sticking blindly to that horrendous set up from today.

Because we've got another manager who doesn't seem to understand what wins these games.

I'm reluctant to add "foreign" to that sentence, because Gerrard wasn't exactly a local. But he knew it was a battle first, and talent second.

Packing the midfield does not stop any of the goals we lost today. Our two players on the left went to sleep simultaneously and then the JL shit show burst onto the stage. However we do need to change something to get better control of these games but the reality is their three are all better than our current crop. Hard to admit but was there for all to see today.

Genuinely Lawrence is worse than a man down. In that first half did he actually pass the ball to another Rangers player?

If Mccausland is deemed good enough to come on at half time when down to 10 men then start him and put Sterling in the middle
Lawrence was awful. Got into a great position midway through first half and his first touch led to a tackle for his second. Embarrassing lack of quality and awareness. He was in a position to hurt them too.

Packing the midfield does not stop any of the goals we lost today. Our two players on the left went to sleep simultaneously and then the JL shit show burst onto the stage. However we do need to change something to get better control of these games but the reality is their three are all better than our current crop. Hard to admit but was there for all to see today.
It quite literally stops their first goal which their CM scores in acres of space from a pass from one of their other CMs. While one of our only 2 CMs strolls about picking up nobody.

Answer seems to be that the manager is arrogant and thinks he knows better than the blindingly obvious.

It quite literally stops their first goal which their CM scores in acres of space from a pass from one of their other CMs. While one of our only 2 CMs strolls about picking up fucking nobody.

Lawrence was awful. Got into a great position midway through first half and his first touch led to a tackle for his second. Embarrassing lack of quality and awareness. He was in a position to hurt them too.
There were 2 in the first half that sticks out 1 his first touch took it 10 yards away from him losing possession then the 2nd cut in on his right after selling a celtic player just outside the box begging to be hit he then lays it off straight to a celtic player. It was bizarre

Because it looks like Clement either isn’t prepared or doesn’t know how to set up differently.

Admittedly he’s missing two or three players that could have made a difference while many others simply aren’t good enough, but tactically he appears to be quite inflexible.

This is x what's driving people mad we have players that what ever tweaks were made in the winter break have not worked

We have nullified tav as an attacking threat

The midfield is being overrun by every team we play

If c we had full team then yes it prob works but we don't he needs play to the players faults and dominate middle of park

Flat 3 and narrow 10s worked well against them and looks like it would still work well against them

Because Clement never changes his tactics regardless of opposition. He keeps the same tactics against everybody and we don’t have the players to play his style of play.

Back