Why not season ticket deposits?

Shengus Malengus

With the uncertainty lying ahead and the pricing nightmare for Rangers as a consequence, couldn’t they ask for £100 a head deposit perhaps?
It guarantees your ST, is a lot more affordable to everyone in these pressing times and keeps the club ticking over.
I know it’s still a lot of cash for some, but asking for 5 or 6 hundred at the minute would be pretty naive, imo.

Promise to peg prices at last season’s cost, or pro rata in the event of any changes to the number of games.

Would you be up for it?

A lot of people that have season tickets may not have jobs after this
I do realise that and that’s unfortunate, but are you suggesting we don’t sell ST’s at all?
My suggestion is to people who can do it. Folk that know their jobs are safe(mine), but we are still struggling.

With the uncertainty lying ahead and the pricing nightmare for Rangers as a consequence, couldn’t they ask for £100 a head deposit perhaps?
It guarantees your ST, is a lot more affordable to everyone in these pressing times and keeps the club ticking over.
I know it’s still a lot of cash for some, but asking for 5 or 6 hundred at the minute would be pretty naive, imo.

Promise to peg prices at last season’s cost, or pro rata in the event of any changes to the number of games.

Would you be up for it?

no I wouldn’t

There might not even be a season 20/21. Nobody knows when this stops. We can’t expect people to hand over money. Agreements on wages need to be reached with all clubs ASAP. No business can have no income and keep paying wages. We need to reduce our outgoings and mothball the entire business until we can restart. Every club does.

Last edited:
Not at the moment,to much uncertainty in the current situation.
Would the deposit be refunded if you couldn't afford to pay the full amount later.

Which is part of the reason I’ve suggested a deposit only.
Once things are a little clearer we can adjust.
Fucksake the beasts are looking for the full whack.

That could well come back and seriously screw them over, same with Hibs and Aberdeen.
Think we're already looking at the season kicking off at least a month later than planned and would really put clubs in a tricky position if the delay is extended.

Some people genuinely don't realise the seriousness of the situation. The club needs as much money as it can get, and they need it as soon as they can get it. Without ST money, Rangers would be in serious financial peril.
Fans can't be expected to pay money for a ST when we don't know how long this will go on for.

Some people genuinely don't realise the seriousness of the situation. The club needs as much money as it can get, and they need it as soon as they can get it. Without ST money, Rangers would be in serious financial peril.

I agree but what part are the players and coaching staff going to play.

I keep seeing threads on how much the club will need our money. Why would I and other season ticket holders pump in more money just to more or less pay for players wages .

If/when players play their part and take wage reductions then we can start to look at ideas to generate money.

I agree but what part are the players and coaching staff going to play.

I keep seeing threads on how much the club will need our money. Why would I and other season ticket holders pump in more money just to more or less pay for players wages .

If/when players play their part and take wage reductions then we can start to look at ideas to generate money.

Because you would be assisting the guys that are trying to keep OUR club alive.
The guys that are giving up their time for the love of the club, free of charge.

I reckon I'm worse off financially than 95% of Followfollow.
I won't go into detail, but there won't be many worse off.

I cannot imagine life without Rangers. It's unthinkable and we should all do what we can to aid the club without bitching about players and management teams. They come and go, we don't.

The guys that are giving up their time for the love of the club, free of charge.

I cannot imagine life without Rangers. It's unthinkable and we should all do what we can to aid the club without bitching about players and management teams. They come and go, we don't.

Oh right , so let’s get into dept to make sure the players continue to enjoy a good lifestyle.

We are all in this together, how hard is it for guys like you to understand this.

Oh right , so let’s get into dept to make sure the players continue to enjoy a good lifestyle.

We are all in this together, how hard is it for guys like you to understand this.

I said "do what we can", not "do it even if we don't have it."

If you can't, you don't.

We might not have jobs or even a season to play.
I wouldn't or couldn't consider it atm, I've just been put on the shelf on the new reduced wages government scheme so every £ is a prisoner for the foreseeable future.

I don't think we will sell anywhere near the amount of season tickets next season households are going to take a big financial hit over the next few months,I am in a lucky enough position to buy mine if they ask for it tomorrow .

Would you be up for it?
I usually pay mine over 4 months,I would be happy to start this now to help the Club,especially now that the latest funding is on hold.

Would you be up for it?
What about the last quarter of this one? . If the club expect us as fans to just take the hit ( as we will ) the club have to also be accommodating when all this is over . For example last August taking all EUROPA group home games money just five days after final instalment of season ticket wasn’t fair. The club must appreciate what we’ve all went through . Many won’t have jobs or won’t have been paid a full wage for months

What about the last quarter of this one? . If the club expect us as fans to just take the hit ( as we will ) the club have to also be accommodating when all this is over . For example last August taking all EUROPA group home games money just five days after final instalment of season ticket wasn’t fair. The club must appreciate what we’ve all went through . Many won’t have jobs or won’t have been paid a full wage for months
Which is why I'm suggesting a temporary part price solution.

I'm only making a suggestion. Fair enough, it hasn't went down too well.

I’ll be getting mine but I’m lucky I’m still out working every day at the moment. What if the there was some sort of way for fans who could afford to to pay money direct to the club?

Because many folk don't know what the near future holds for them financially. A season ticket is bottom of the list of priorities when it comes to paying bills and feeding the family.

I don't think many folk would relish paying out a large sum of money a week or two before a shitstorm of deadly virus is supposed to hit us.

Would you be up for it?

I think some sort of plan like this may become a necessity in the coming months.

The talk about making social distancing last upto a year would cripple us (and others) financially so it’s vital the club and the fans work closely together on this to find ways we can give the club some form of advance payment.

I also think there needs to be some of sort hit the players may need to take. It’s happening in most industries and I think it may need to happen with us. If we work with the domestic league and implement a cross team temporary pay cut then this may be easier to implement. (The Scum with their high wages will want this too).

We need to be on the front foot with this, the current crisis provides significant risk to every business, our club isn’t excluded.

Mate if you can afford to put £100 deposit on a ST, I'd suggest you arent worse off than 95% on here.

Would you be up for it?
People are worried about paying there next bill and are getting paid off.. think football is the last thing they care about atm

Mate if you can afford to put £100 deposit on a ST, I'd suggest you arent worse off than 95% on here.
I’m going on a notion that no more than 5% will be over 40k in debt and although I said the whole of FF it really only applies to current season ticket holders and I would almost certainly be in that bottom 5% bracket.

Last edited:
I’m going on a notion that no more than 5% will be over 40k in debt and although I said the whole of FF it really only applies to current season ticket holders and I would almost certainly be in that bottom 5% bracket.
Wasnt a dig but ive nowhere near debt like that and Id struggle to pay that as a lump sum

Would you be up for it?

I wouldn't pay five or six hundred pence at the minute,it would be like throwing money into a black hole.

There is very little chance of RFC selling anything for just now.

We don’t know if we will have a full league to play against next season , we don’t know when the season will start or if the current season will end. We also have lots of people who will be struggling financially with what’s happening right now. So overall , your idea is terrible , same as it was for the guy who suggested it yesterday.

We don’t know if we will have a full league to play against next season , we don’t know when the season will start or if the current season will end. We also have lots of people who will be struggling financially with what’s happening right now. So overall , your idea is terrible , same as it was for the guy who suggested it yesterday.
Okay, for the umpteenth time, it’s more aimed at the folk who CAN help the club.
You know the ones with the resources to help.
I’m certainly not one of them but I’ll move heaven and earth to assist the club.
We watched ourselves nearly lose our club before and I’m certainly not wanting to go down that road.

Better ideas are welcome.

We're all in this together. Whether it be fans putting up season ticket money or staff taking pay cuts I hope to see the club take some steps to mitigate this situation soon.

I wouldn't pay five or six hundred pence at the minute,it would be like throwing money into a black hole.

There is very little chance of RFC selling anything for just now.
You’re not throwing anything down a black hole. You are putting into the club you love.
If and when we return to normality you’ll get a reduction on your ticket.
I need to continually stress, “only if you can afford it.”

If the doomsday scenario that some people think may happen transpires and it’s the end for Scottish football and Rangers.
You won’t be mourning for your £100.

Would you be up for it?

I still think it's optimistic we'll have a next season in 2020

Okay, for the umpteenth time, it’s more aimed at the folk who CAN help the club.
You know the ones with the resources to help.
I’m certainly not one of them but I’ll move heaven and earth to assist the club.
We watched ourselves nearly lose our club before and I’m certainly not wanting to go down that road.

Better ideas are welcome.
OP appears to be getting a hammering here, I see where you are coming from bud
For what its worth I would prepay £100 for my ticket now, I'm lucky enough to be working from home so unaffected financially.

I would assume the club are in discussions with the players regarding wages, as will all clubs, even if it's to defer a percentage of wages

Back