Why was it left to Super Ally

Money ran out to pay the lawyers most likely... thats the thing with hmrc making stuff up about your debts, no-one things your good for it anymore.

This probably won't go well.

Usual ones will be along to abuse McCoist shortly.

I've got very very little time for Ally these days in his current media roll but I'll forever be thankful for any positive efforts he put in that summer.

I had my reasons for not being a fan of Sandy Jardine in times past as well (and it's not fair to mention them now so I won't) but he was a massive help for us in 2012 certainly.

Super Ally was magnificent back then, Ally and Sandy Jardine were absolute colossi for us.

Something far too many on here forget.
Too true mate. I can fully see why McCoist is disliked in some quarters but if it hadn't been for him especially, and Sandy Jardine you can bet your bottom dollar that we would've been stripped of titles.

People need to remember that. I'm eternally grateful to both men for their service at that juncture. Ally aged by about a decade in the space of eighteen months and Sandy, God rest him, wouldn't have been helped in his individual battle with cancer thanks to the burden of fighting a group of people hell bent on destroying our institution.

WATP

Apologies, misread the post. Thought it was about now.

We were screwed over, we never had a functioning board, a crook in Whyte and big hauns latterly.

McCoist was manager at the time but more importanly one of the biggest Rangers fans you could meet. I genuienly beleive that if he was around when all this happened we as a club would of folded
I’ve just mentioned again in another thread that my wife worked for the club during admin and all that unfolded.
McCoist was single handedly holding the place together during the D&P stint in particular.

Thinking about it all again makes me feel queasy but I will never ever forget what John Brown and Ally McCoist done for Rangers. Remember waiting outside Ibrox for leadership that day and Brown was there for us. We came through the wringer flattened and tattered but we are going to be a force again pretty soon under Gerrard, which by the way was a master stroke and King has steadied the ship as a leader.

We as a support did not forget our north east corner when needed and we are indeed the people, I am proud to be a part of Rangers as my father before me and my love for Rangers has become stronger than ever.

WATP

Thinking about it all again makes me feel queasy but I will never ever forget what John Brown and Ally McCoist done for Rangers. Remember waiting outside Ibrox for leadership that day and Brown was there for us. We came through the wringer flattened and tattered but we are going to be a force again pretty soon under Gerrard, which by the way was a master stroke and King has steadied the ship as a leader.

We as a support did not forget our north east corner when needed and we are indeed the people, I am proud to be a part of Rangers as my father before me and my love for Rangers has become stronger than ever.

WATP

Love this.

listen to it yourself m8

To think what McCoist must have gone through personally at that time, and now to find this out. Truly is unbelievable, and cap is duly doffed to him.

MelodicCloseGallinule-size_restricted.gif

This probably won't go well.

Usual ones will be along to abuse McCoist shortly.
I gave mcoist dogs with his management of rangers but now i think what could have been.. when we lost to celtic at newyr the stories were starting to filter through about players unrest due to missing pay cheques n going into admin.. did that affect the moral.. of course it did... there is every chance we would have reached 55 before 2014.. would brenda had become manager.. ..

I can't help but feel a distinct pang of sadness that Sandy Jardine suffered through all of this and for nothing. Will always be eternally grateful to him for standing up for us but to learn that he needn't have. Rankles me massively, especially when we all know it played havoc with a man who was already very ill at the time.

I'd love an opportunity for Ally to repair the reputation damage done in his Managerial time at Rangers. Here is a stage for Ally to use his media exposure and contacts to vehemently defend the club and its supporters and strike back at those who tried to destroy us and to this day still wage a war of hatred. Over to you Super....

I can't help but feel a distinct pang of sadness that Sandy Jardine suffered through all of this and for nothing. Will always be eternally grateful to him for standing up for us but to learn that he needn't have. Rankles me massively, especially when we all know it played havoc with a man who was already very ill at the time.
He stepped up to the plate when plenty others could've but didnt. Well deserved naming of stand after him. Forever a Rangers hero.

I'd love an opportunity for Ally to repair the reputation damage done in his Managerial time at Rangers. Here is a stage for Ally to use his media exposure and contacts to vehemently defend the club and its supporters and strike back at those who tried to destroy us and to this day still wage a war of hatred. Over to you Super....
He doesn’t have to repair reputation damage for this time, in my opinion.
He was a crap manager but, so was Greig.
The damage to McCoist’s reputation was caused not after he’d left the managers job but continued to take his salary, as it wouldn’t have benefitted the club, but when King took over and he still took his salary.

McCoist was manager at the time but more importanly one of the biggest Rangers fans you could meet. I genuienly beleive that if he was around when all this happened we as a club would of folded
100% agreed.

A shambolic manager of a football team but as the man holding Rangers FC together in the summer of 2012, we owe him everything.

Green would have given titles away in a heartbeat if it improved his financial return.

Ally is a Rangers man through and through and we owe him for keeping the titles. He alone stood up to trying to get them striped.

We did have lawyers. The lawyers told us that legally we didn't owe HMRC a penny.

Unfortunately HMRC found a judge who disregarded the letter of the law in favour of a "common sense" solution.

I'm sure we won the first two tribunals against HMRC. It then went to the Court of Session and the Panel in Edinburgh, including the notorious Lord Carloway, saw differently ?

Superb mate, thanks for posting.

Won't see a bad word said about super ally and his comments there are bang on.
Didn't envy one bit the position he was in when all sorts were going on behind his back,sure it would've been his dream job but never in those circumstances.

We owe Ally McCoist a huge debt of gratitude!
If he wasn't there at the time the chances are we could well have disappeared without a trace and at the very least had cups and titles stripped from us.
I fully accept that his managerial style wasn't to everyone's taste but he was attempting to manage a group of men who's employment and careers were in total turmoil and he man managed the situation the way he thought best...by trying to alleviate the doom and gloom by injecting a bit of lightheartedness into their daily routine.
He took absolute pelters for that approach by some but I have to say that I've been in a very similar situation with having a factory full of people unsure about their future and possibly facing redundancy and although I obviously took the situation extremely seriously, there had to be an escape valve for the tensions and a bit of humour, or even "gallows humour" did the trick.
Under the circumstances I thought McCoist did a fantastic job and certainly added to his Rangers Legend status as a result!

I'm sure we won the first two tribunals against HMRC. It then went to the Court of Session and the Panel in Edinburgh, including the notorious Lord Carloway, saw differently ?
The first two tribunals, FTT and UTT, were primarily tax courts, for want of a better phrase.
The third and fourth were, I don’t know the correct term but they had wider remit.
A remit that seemed to include a previously unheard of evidential term, common sense.

Didn't envy one bit the position he was in when all sorts were going on behind his back,sure it would've been his dream job but never in those circumstances.

I think the jury could arguably be out on Supers ability to deliver a winning football team. However the circumstances you allude to make it quite clear to me that his name should have never been tarnished by that period, in fact the guy was an absolute colossus by all accounts.

Ally McCoist is a phenomenal Ranger on and off the park.

Too a man we should be proud of that fact.

listen to it yourself m8

Fair play to Ally, his first thought isn’t about league titles and how much faster we could have stopped the scum, its with those poor people who lost their jobs, and potentially lost them for nothing.

Never had any time for him after claiming he didn't know what he earned per year when questioned about earning over £700k per year in the third division when we didn't have a pot to piss in, along with backing chuckles Green and being rewarded with millions of penny shares. While most of us were extremely concerned about our clubs financial situation and the future, McCoist was looking after himself.

I've never understood the animosity to mccoist on here. Just because he doesn't turn up on tv or radio every time singing follow follow seems to be enough for some to have a go.
I've told this before on here. We played kaiserlautern in a pre season friendly in germany. There was a couple of hundred bears turned up,a lot of us without tickets. Coisty,ian durrant and ian ferguson kept going back and forth to get comp tickets for as many as they could. Every time they came back with tickets,more would turn up and they would go back and get more till they ran out. I got mine from ian Ferguson.
They were the real rangers men of the squad in them days and will always have my gratitude.

No board and McCoist was the only voice we had at the time.

None of the Rangers support stood up either, it must be said. Must be lawyers, accountants, business experts in the support but none could be found when it mattered.

This is my first post here as long time lurker and sadly so bang on the money.

Edit: not saying regular supporters didn't march the march as I did and 000's others refering to busines professionals

Back