Why was our last minute winner chopped off?

3 minutes stoppage time. Whistle blows at 92.04. Ball is back in play 92.48. Final whistle blown 92.58. Not very often youll see a close game stopped a few seconds early. Never at all after a 40 second stoppage. Where was the ball? Yep, in the air heading deep into the hibs half
Noticed that too, same thing happens away to killie early in the year.
Different story when Clancy plays time on top of what was officially added at the piggery because the other team is needing a goal.

It's clear he hasn't gave the foul for the jump for the header as he doesn't blow his whistle But the hibs player clearly hand balls it as he throws his arms to claim for a foul.

As the ball drops it bounces up and hits Defoe's hand.

Ref misses the first hand ball and sees the second. Just as aflie is sticking it in the net

No Hibs players appealed for a foul it was Robertson when he saw Alfredo ready to score.He falls into the same category as Clancy cheating.
Footballing decisions are not supposed to be decided by the players, it's the referee's job and he was right on this occasion.

I could have sworn it hit one of their players arm/hand inside the box immediately before defoe handled it. Didn't see the replay properly though so couldn't determine what happened. Anyone else see the same?

100% it hit Boyles arm during the challenge with Defoe

Football. A foul can be awarded without an appeal by players.

Cricket requires an appeal to be given out.

And yes, I was being flippant.
I played football and cricket did you. All the Hibs players played on and Alfie scored I am not saying the ball didn't hit Defoe on the arm you win some you lose some. We seem to lose more than we win regarding cheating referees.

I played football and cricket did you. All the Hibs players played on and Alfie scored I am not saying the ball didn't hit Defoe on the arm you win some you lose some. We seem to lose more than we win regarding cheating referees.
Yes, I've played both so well up with the laws of each game.

Your point that nobody from Hibs appeals is both irrelevant and incorrect. As soon as the ball strikes Defoe the second time they appeal for handball.

Yes, I've played both so well up with the laws of each game.

Your point that nobody from Hibs appeals is both irrelevant and incorrect. As soon as the ball strikes Defoe the second time they appeal for handball.
The Hibs player tried to tackle Alfie and the goalie nearly saved it. The corrupt referees in this country can't wait to blow the Whistle. They don't seem to blow the whistle when offside is concerned maybe you should teach the referees the rules.

Handball by Defoe just before he squares to Morelos.
Hibs player handles when he jumps with Defoe prior to this, penalty to Rangers.

The Hibs player tried to tackle Alfie and the goalie nearly saved it. The corrupt referees in this country can't wait to blow the Whistle. They don't seem to blow the whistle when offside is concerned maybe you should teach the referees the rules.
What would your opinion be had Hibs scored that goal and it stood?

As for their second goal, it's offside. Of that there is no debate.

That's not what this thread is about though.

Disagree

I don’t think Defoe fouled Boyle.

Boyle has his hand in front of his face and it hits his hand before it lands to Defoe
It hits Defoe's hand before Boyle's. Whether the referee would have spotted that in real time is debatable right enough.

Some amount of rabid paranoia on this forum. Remember when we used to laugh at that lot for obsessing over every little decision? We even used to sing about it to them and now by looking at this forum we have become as laughable as them. Stop looking for proof of a worldwide conspiracy against rangers, it's a complete fucking riddy man.

What would your opinion be had Hibs scored that goal and it stood?

As for their second goal, it's offside. Of that there is no debate.

That's not what this thread is about though.
Some are saying Boyle handled first there is no way on this earth that Robertson would give us a penalty absolutely no chance. It's been a year since we were awarded a penalty in the league.

Some are saying Boyle handled first there is no way on this earth that Robertson would give us a penalty absolutely no chance. It's been a year since we were awarded a penalty in the league.
It hits Defoe's hand first.

Still didn't answer the question - what would your view have been had that "goal" been allowed to stand against us?

I personally thought the correct decision was made.

The strange thing was how long it took him to blow the whistle. It was as if he was going to let it run until he realised Morelos was scoring.

The thing I was most raging with was the added time. Seen him put the whistle to his mouth when Goldson had the ball and thought surely not considering wasn’t even 93 minutes on the clock but the prick blew.

No Hibs players appealed for a foul it was Robertson when he saw Alfredo ready to score.He falls into the same category as Clancy cheating.
The rule is if you get a scoring advantage with the ball hitting your hand even if it is not intended then the goal will not count and a free kick given. So no cheating there it was as clear as day.

Some amount of rabid paranoia on this forum. Remember when we used to laugh at that lot for obsessing over every little decision? We even used to sing about it to them and now by looking at this forum we have become as laughable as them. Stop looking for proof of a worldwide conspiracy against Rangers, it's a complete fucking riddy man.

Sorry who's paranoid? I started the thread because I didn't see an offence during the initial replay and they didn't discuss it again.

I've since acknowledged it was the correct decision having seen it again.

Sorry who's paranoid? I started the thread because I didn't see an offence during the initial replay and they didn't discuss it again.

I've since acknowledged it was the correct decision having seen it again.

Not aimed at you buddy. Aimed at those who even when it's pointed out to them why a decision was fair they are still adamant that we are being cheated.

3 minutes stoppage time. Whistle blows at 92.04. Ball is back in play 92.48. Final whistle blown 92.58. Not very often youll see a close game stopped a few seconds early. Never at all after a 40 second stoppage. Where was the ball? Yep, in the air heading deep into the hibs half
I found this bizarre at the time and havent really seen it mentioned by anyone until now.

I have genuinely never seen a ref blow up early before. Never mind adding on the time the ball was out of play, he hasnt even played the allotted time yet.

He has looked at his watch and seen the time isnt up yet and made a decision to blow up there and then.

Why?

He has soiled his pants at the thought of us scoring over the allotted 3mins and him getting grief for it.

The same as the linesman has looked at thier goal and thought it's easier to just let it go.

We have a real issue here with refs and I'm really concerned that the management and club dont seem to want to address it.

An experienced manager calls these things out in my view.

Was there ever a reason given? Commentators said it was possibly a handball or a foul by Defoe, I could be wrong but I never noticed anything obvious in the replays. The fact the whistle only went when Morelos was about to score didn't seem like coincidence.

They discussed the other main incidents post match but ignored this one. Anyone able to shed any light on it? Or have any footage?
Hand ball plus foul.

if all the decisions had been called correctly. Or even about 70% we win that game though.

It hits Defoe's hand first.

Still didn't answer the question - what would your view have been had that "goal" been allowed to stand against us?
Like the goal that other lot scored in the 2-1 game at the midden and the offside goal in the cup final. You take everything you can we have to be more vocal question every dodgy decision and 50/50 decisions. That's what that other lot have been doing since 1888.

The rule is if you get a scoring advantage with the ball hitting your hand even if it is not intended then the goal will not count and a free kick given. So no cheating there it was as clear as day.
How come that rule didn't apply on the 29th December 2019.

Like the goal that other lot scored in the 2-1 game at the midden and the offside goal in the cup final. You take everything you can we have to be more vocal question every dodgy decision and 50/50 decisions. That's what that other lot have been doing since 1888.
So, if we accept that Edouard's goal was wrongly allowed at The Chamber of Secrets then it stands to reason that it would also have been wrong to allow yesterday then.

You are correct, the goal in the Betfred should not have stood. No argument over that.

Didn't see their game against St Mirren so can't comment.

Back