Wigan fan

Laticsmk

As title says im a wigan fan, i leave milton keynes 11pm tomorrrow and arrive in glasgow for 7, now i know not much is open if anything that early in the morning as it is let alone a sunday, but any recommendations to go for a fry up, then what boozer is away fan friendly.

Looking forward to this one, family are all from glasgow and are rangers fans on my dads side, mums side all wiganers, despite it being a friendly none the less and as people know we dont exactly pack thousands on an away day but we have sold between 1700-2000, so should be a good'un

As title says im a wigan fan, i leave milton keynes 11pm tomorrrow and arrive in glasgow for 7, now i know not much is open if anything that early in the morning as it is let alone a sunday, but any recommendations to go for a fry up, then what boozer is away fan friendly.

Looking forward to this one, family are all from glasgow and are rangers fans on my dads side, mums side all wiganers, despite it being a friendly none the less and as people know we dont exactly pack thousands on an away day but we have sold between 1700-2000, so should be a good'un
This is Scotland pal we only eat crossaints and ham noo washed down with nae sugar irn bru :D

Shame, after the journey from mk id need more than fry up haha,

Im sure will enjoy it, im not bothered about the game personally. Im just finally grateful to be getting a look in on the Ibrox, been waiting a long time to make a visit up there.

And the louden tavern sounds like the place to go then, whats earliest it opens? o_O

At the back end of braehead shopping centre you have a sainsburys, ikea, beefeater type pub and the best will be dobbies garden centre.

Looking forward to it mate. There are a few nice wee restaurants that do breakfast on Argyle St in Finnieston. There’s maybe 5 or 6 over a 200yd spell. 25 minutes walk to the park from there, or the subway if rushed.

Im sure will enjoy it, im not bothered about the game personally. Im just finally grateful to be getting a look in on the Ibrox, been waiting a long time to make a visit up there.

And the louden tavern sounds like the place to go then, whats earliest it opens? o_O
I'd imagine it will open at 11am mate

You will be welcome in any Rangers boozer mate . But as for a fry up at that time , %^*& knows .

You will be made welcome in most pubs I'm sure. You could try a Wetherspoons or places like brewers fayre for an early breakfast. Are you not getting a kip through the day? You'll be shattered. Good luck and enjoy.

Counting House is open on Sunday at 7:00. On George Square, city centre mate. Big Wetherspoons so you'll get a decent fry up.

You will be made welcome in most pubs I'm sure. You could try a Wetherspoons or places like brewers fayre for an early breakfast. Are you not getting a kip through the day? You'll be shattered. Good luck and enjoy.

No pal, hoping to sleep on the coach, £15 return to mk so couldnt moan ( emergency service benefits), then leave again 11pm sunday night, get back at 5am i think ready for work at 7am haha. So best get some kip somewhere

If you’re arriving in the city centre you’ll be fine mate.

Quite a few places open for a fry up at 8am & you’ll be able to get a fry & a beer in the counting house Wetherspoons pub any time after 7 am. 2 St Vincent Place Glasgow if you’ve got google maps.

It’s right in the centre of the city. Good number of other boozers open from 8am.

From there your very central for a wander round the city centre.

Subway to the ground from either St Enochs station or Buchanan street station takes about 10 mins to Ibrox.

Enjoy your trip & if any questions fire them on here always be someone about to help you.

If you’re arriving in the city centre you’ll be fine mate.

Quite a few places open for a fry up at 8am & you’ll be able to get a fry & a beer in the counting house Wetherspoons pub any time after 7 am. 2 St Vincent Place Glasgow if you’ve got google maps.

It’s right in the centre of the city. Good number of other boozers open from 8am.

From there your very central for a wander round the city centre.

Subway to the ground from either St Enochs station or Buchanan street station takes about 10 mins to Ibrox.

Enjoy your trip & if any questions fire them on here always be someone about to help you.

Brilliant,
Cheers. I think i get in at centre ( coach station), so will just wonder about. If anyone finds two people who look like lost puppies, please we wont bite. Just point us to a pub o_O

No im looking forward to this, have been since it was announced. Not looked forward to an away day in a good while this much.

Counting house serves drink from 9am if your eating aswell

Brilliant,
Cheers. I think i get in at centre ( coach station), so will just wonder about. If anyone finds two people who look like lost puppies, please we wont bite. Just point us to a pub o_O

No im looking forward to this, have been since it was announced. Not looked forward to an away day in a good while this much.
Good news. It used to be 12.30 on Sundays but seems they changed it to 10am so you can start getting pished early.

Brilliant,

Bus station is just 2 mins round from george square mate

Pretty sure. The only way we could get served prior to the Celtc game was because it was in a hotel and we had to charge it to a residents room as room service.
The law must have changed Mate, I've been in boozers before 12 on Sundays

Brilliant,

Glasgow has a coach station ? :D Gentrification for you.

If you fancy a wee bit more of an explore then get the subway to Kelvinhall station and go a few foot to the left outside to TriBeCa. Does a very good and very large breakfast. Decent place to pass some time till the bars open. Then back on the Subway to Ibrox and the Louden. If you are starting in town then pretty much 6 and two 3s which direction you go on the subway so it’s not really out your way.

Brilliant,

It'll be Buchanan Bus Station it comes into. Go through the station at the car park end and look to your left once on the main road. You'll see John Lewis, walk left to the very end of the road then turn right at the traffic lights. You'll see a hill, go down the hill through a couple of sets of traffics lights, you'll pass the side entrance to Queen Street station and come to a wide open space with the Cenotaph. That's George Square. Go the right hand side of George Square and you'll see the Counting House across the street on the corner. It's an old bank, you'll see it a mile away.

Another vote for counting house. I dont live in Glasgow anymore but took a group of English lads up for a game last year and spent a couple hours there.

And loved the historical feel to the place (is a converted bank, with the safe vaults as seating areas). I am a boring history fart though!
Is central and short walk to subway.

Can't comment on prices or standard of booze though, as was too far gone to compare when we got there!

alfredos opens at 8 and will serve you pints from then, wetherspoons only give you one or two pints

Last edited:
If you fancy a wee bit more of an explore then get the subway to Kelvinhall station and go a few foot to the left outside to TriBeCa. Does a very good and very large breakfast. Decent place to pass some time till the bars open. Then back on the Subway to Ibrox and the Louden. If you are starting in town then pretty much 6 and two 3s which direction you go on the subway so it’s not really out your way.
Subway doesn't start til 10 on a Sunday. Although I still thought you couldn't drink in pubs til 12.30 so what do I know?

Pop into the Louden and pick up a free pie and roll and cold meat, just like a continental breakfast but the glesga way :p:p

WATP

How much is the subway?

Baring in mind i ask as i used to work in london and well i could of brought a new car the amount you spend on there just for a single

Back