Wilfried Zaha wakes up to racist abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thread.

Firstly, the boy is 12. 12 FFS! Until more is known I am not for slagging the parents. My boy did things when he was younger that absolutely horrified his mother and me.

Secondly, and more concerning, is the amount of people that don’t believe the US to be inherently racist. That is a seriously fecked up country. In the main, the criminal justice system is a joke, the police force is more like a paramilitary organisation. And all the statistics back up how black people are more likely to be arrested, sent to prison, given the death penalty and more likely to be stricken from jury selection. All that before mentioning the arsehole in charge.

I do believe the U.K. is not as bad as the US, but then I am not black. I don’t know how many times they are stopped in the street or when driving. I don’t experience abuse because of something I cannot change.

12 year old arrested... ffs he should have had his arse leathered and that be the end of it. #oldbastard

12yr old acts like a moron troll on the Internet, hold the front page... People here looking to lynch the parents for perceived family of NAZIS. Get a grip.

This is garbage mate. The movement started to protest against police brutality and persecution of the black communities. It's a very real problem that needs to be addressed, along with a lot of other issues, many of which have originated due to the lack of equal opportunities afforded across the States.

In the US maybe, BLM UK have been around for ages and are total crackpots, spend 2minutes looking through their twitter (since they don't even have a website & aren't a charity despite taking £100k+ in donations) Pretty Divisive IMO to suggest that defunding the police, closing all prisons & getting rid of capitalism is ok, because 'we'll do something to combat racism along the way'

Say that to a black person and they just might have a different opinion.
Well regardless of anything at all their opinion would be fùcking idiotic. Would you content otherwise and argue it is anything other than a tiny minority that would do something like that?

Well regardless of anything at all their opinion would be fùcking idiotic. Would you content otherwise and argue it is anything other than a tiny minority that would do something like that?

Aye let's just disregard the opinion of the people actually subjected to the abuse. Ffs man.

Mental that you can look at that and think that social media is the problem here.

Like I said earlier, when this sort of topic crops up you’ll never be short of a load of middle aged white men coming out with the deflectors on and excuses ready to go. That’s when they’re not telling black people what they should and shoudn’t be offended by, or projecting airy fairy crackpot theories about the looney left trying to transform the west into a commie sanctuary, or whinging because people keep inconveniencing their lives by taking a knee for 10 seconds at the start of a football match.

Like I said earlier, when this sort of topic crops up you’ll never be short of a load of middle aged white men coming out with the deflectors on and excuses ready to go. That’s when they’re not telling black people what they should and shoudn’t be offended by, or projecting airy fairy crackpot theories about the looney left trying to transform the west into a commie sanctuary, or whinging because people keep inconveniencing their lives by taking a knee for 10 seconds at the start of a football match.

“My kids have told me I’m only allowed to call it the corner shop and I don’t like change”

There's a certain beauty about this site and the Internet in general.

You get to interact with people you wouldn't normally meet in everyday life. Some who are much more wealthy than you, some much more educated or of higher intelligence.
And some who you would cross the road to avoid or leave the pub if you heard them spouting their shite.

These threads always bring out a load of the last category.

Not read the whole thread, just skimmed through.
Am I correct in saying that the consensus is that, because a 12 year old kid is a racist twat, it:
a) proves racism is rife in the uk (because)
b) all white (male?) people over 40 are racists?

Strange times.
That's what I'm being told. I'm over 40 and white (is this where I apologise) hence I don't have an opinion unless its in line with the trendy young team. As I said in an earlier post, racism is wrong no exceptions, but people are now being branded as racist if you are not agreeing unreservedly with popular opinion as decided by young activists.

Last edited:
Aye let's just disregard the opinion of the people actually subjected to the abuse. Ffs man.
How often do messages like this appear? Are you seriously trying to argue that it isn't a tiny minority that go online and racially abuse people? Ffs man yerself!

No but lets all listen to the woke vegan white students who rip down statues, have pink hair and think men can be women.
They haven't worked a day and have no idea what life is about, but yeah they will save us from racism won't they, because well they know best.

No but lets all listen to the woke vegan white students who rip down statues, have pink hair and think men can be women.
They haven't worked a day and have no idea what life is about, but yeah they will save us from racism won't they, because well they know best.

Sums up the point I made earlier. “Ehhh there’s wee student lefties who back this so we must oppose it”. Really, that is so utterly stupid and short sighted it’s not even funny.

Anyway, a whole load of the players taking the knee are black players many of whom may have experienced similar acts of racism to what Zaha has. Those athletes support it, and they know a bit about what it’s like to live life as a black man, something middle aged white men like yourself do not know and will never know. For that reason alone you don’t get to decide whether or not they should be supporting that cause or how they should support it if it’ll benefit them or not.

That's what I'm being told. I'm over 40 and white (is this where I apologise) hence I don't have an opinion unless its in line with the trendy young team. As I said in an earlier post, racism is wrong no exceptions, but people are now being branded as racist if you are not agreeing unreservedly with popular opinion as decided by young activists.

I’m over 60 and don’t have a racist bone in my body. Golden rule = treat people as you would want to be treated. Simple.

There was a time when I would have been called a leftie....however, I find my political pendulum moving more to the right every day. Left wing agenda driven nutjobs are part of this.

12 year old arrested... ffs he should have had his arse leathered and that be the end of it. #oldbastard

12yr old acts like a moron troll on the Internet, hold the front page... People here looking to lynch the parents for perceived family of NAZIS. Get a grip.
Of course he should have been arrested. Fucking hell its not like he's stolen a packet of sweets from the local shop.

Also you imply that cos he sent it over the internet then it lessens the severity. So he should be arrested if he shouted it in the street but not for sending it online? I don't see the difference.

Sums up the point I made earlier. “Ehhh there’s wee student lefties who back this so we must oppose it”. Really, that is so utterly stupid and short sighted it’s not even funny.

Anyway, a whole load of the players taking the knee are black players many of whom may have experienced similar acts of racism to what Zaha has. Those athletes support it, and they know a bit about what it’s like to live life as a black man, something middle aged white men like yourself do not know and will never know. For that reason alone you don’t get to decide whether or not they should be supporting that cause or how they should support it if it’ll benefit them or not.

Where do I even start with this?

Demented.

Of course he should have been arrested. Fucking hell its not like he's stolen a packet of sweets from the local shop.

Also you imply that cos he sent it over the internet then it lessens the severity. So he should be arrested if he shouted it in the street but not for sending it online? I don't see the difference.
12. years. old. - Primary School age.

How about a 12 year old that batters another child, you want them jailed too? Yeah let's start jailing kids for stupid mistakes, that's the way forward. How about 10 year olds or 8 year olds? jail them too? 16 is the age of criminal responsibility due to maturation for a reason, but lets just ignore that cos racism. It's not on par with the likes of the Jamie Bulger murder, however outrageous you perceive it to be. I'm fairly confident(hopefull?) that when Wilfried Zaha learned it was a stupid kid he went, 'oh, I hope his parents tanned his arse and took away his Internet for a year' and let it be.

Maybe common sense is too much too ask of these days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

While I think this kid needs a brief visit from the police, a stern talking too and a ban from social media, it seems that some want to have their cake and eat it too.

"The police are too heavy handed."
"Defund the police."
"Eat the rich!"

"This 12 year old cyber bullied the multi millionaire football star! Arrest him!"

12. years. old. - Primary School age.

How about a 12 year old that batters another child, you want them jailed too? Yeah let's start jailing kids for stupid mistakes, that's the way forward. How about 10 year olds or 8 year olds? jail them too? 16 is the age of criminal responsibility due to maturation for a reason, but lets just ignore that cos racism. It's not on par with the likes of the Jamie Bulger murder, however outrageous you perceive it to be. I'm fairly confident(hopefull?) that when Wilfried Zaha learned it was a stupid kid he went, 'oh, I hope his parents tanned his arse and took away his Internet for a year' and let it be.

Maybe common sense is too much too ask of these days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You'll need to point me in the direction to where I said I wanted anyone 'jailed' then we can have a discussion about it.

What a rant! I must be honest and say - and I am a middle-age white male - that vegan students with pink hair have no bearing whatsoever on my life.

This thread is depressing tbh.

Got to page 2 and idiots saying Marxism, far left bla bla bla.

Honestly dispair sometimes, tweets like that are probably sent daily basis it is just Zaha made it public.

It's 2020, waken up. Who cares who created it, support BLM ffs it's not hard.

Given your warped, small minded view of the entire subject I doubt you even could start.

I've a hard time believing the "right on" crowd on a Scottish Football website, given the country is 96% white and the claims to tolerance are more theoretical than practical.

Does the kid deserve to be forced to answer for his actions? Definitely.

Did he need to be arrested with the implicit threat of violence? No.

He did something stupid and will go through hell for it now, Wilfried Zaha will go on earning millions and is probably nailing a sympathetic super model tonight, I'm not sure we need waste much more mental energy on this.

Honestly dispair sometimes, tweets like that are probably sent daily basis it is just Zaha made it public.

What does Black Lives Matter stand for?

Just confirm you're happy to cheerfully stand with them on each point.

Against racism like quoted in the OP?

And spare me the bull about global communist takeover bla bla bla.

Or do black lives not matter to you?

indubitably.

Now go get your soy milk latte before it gets cold.

Well I can’t compete with the razor sharp wit of a 40 something year old man that lets students with pink hair impact on his life decisions and political choices.

It’s all good and well mocking their appearance because they do look a bit daft, but I get the impression you cut about in stonewash jeans, cat boots and a Lacoste polo shirt, which isn’t much better really.

Well I can’t compete with the razor sharp wit of a 40 something year old man that lets students with pink hair impact on his life decisions and political choices.

It’s all good and well mocking their appearance because they do look a bit daft, but I get the impression you cut about in stonewash jeans, cat boots and a Lacoste polo shirt, which isn’t much better really.
You can't voice a remotely non backwards opinion on here or Rangers twitter without at least one person throwing stuff like that around.

It's a small minority thankfully but it's quite a loud one

Black lives matter is a statement, it's not in reference to the organisation.

The sooner people realise this, the sooner the organisation won't have valid reason to exist.

You're more concerned with calling out perceived Marxism than blatant racism and that's why players are keen to do this stuff.

Must be a record, taking until page 2 on a racism thread before one of the das shouts cultural marxism conspiracy

So a 12yo boy sends a despicably racist message, and this proves we are an institutionaly racist country? What a stretch of imagination that is, laughable actually. Imagine such sweeping generalisations were made about our support if a 12yo boy sent an equivalent sectarian message? The same people condemning us as institutionaly racist, would be outraged at being tarred with the same brush.

You'll need to point me in the direction to where I said I wanted anyone 'jailed' then we can have a discussion about it.
So what is the point in arresting a 12 year old? Would you like to be defined for the rest of your life by the actions as you as a 12 year old? On record.

You posted some stupid pictures that hurt the feelings of a multimillionaire that was pumping a supermodel, when you were a child, you can't get this minimum wage job in McDonalds or a place on this diversity course in this College.

Last edited:
So a 12yo boy sends a despicably racist message, and this proves we are an institutionaly racist country? What a stretch of imagination that is, laughable actually. Imagine such sweeping generalisations were made about our support if a 12yo boy sent an equivalent sectarian message? The same people condemning us as institutionaly racist, would be outraged at being tarred with the same brush.
Why can't you just say that's shocking, hopefully he's going to learn his lesson?

Why does it always have to turn into "racism isn't as big of an issue as being made out"

You realise that people like you are who people point at when arguing it is?

Soyboy/marxist/yes voter/Celtic fan

They're beyond parody

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. You can more or less tell what these guys are like based off of that alone. Probably heavy set, balding, no doubt they were the school bully at one point too, always want to be alpha males and make a conscious effort to assert their masculinity. It’s just a big playground game of left vs right for simple minds.

I just think it’s sad that they’ll oppose a very worthwhile message simply because some far left groups want to indulge in it for themselves. You’d think a little bit of critical thought and common sense would tell them they can still have their beef with the loonies of the far left whilst supporting the same cause. I wonder if his ilk would repeat their stance to guys like Morelos, Defoe and Tavernier if they had the opportunity....

Reactions: CR5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back