Will Murty revert back to his old role..............

Broxi1985

Official Ticketer
Do you think Murty will be happy to go back behind the scenes or seek a managers job elsewhere? From what i remember he was doing a good job within the youth setup previously but not sure if his time at Ibrox will be up altogether.

Think he should be moved on all together. 20s are flying under Kirkwood at the moment. After the way it’s been this past few weeks I don’t see any way back for him.

I don't see how he can to be honest. He's not done a good job as a stand in manager and the youths are doing better without him.

I'll be surprised. Got a feeling he'll end up in some youth system down south for his next job.

Fresh start for us, fresh start for him. Suits all parties.

Hopefully he leaves and goes to a less pressured environment as he isn’t cut out for a job with us

I hope he gets something within the club, but whatever reputation or standing he had has surely been diluted to such an extent that it doesn't really
seem feasible.

I think deep down he thinks hes a decent manager and may even feel he should get the job, no idea why myself

I think he is finished at Rangers - if his relationship with the first team is as damaged as it appears to be then I can’t see any future for him.

All he work over a coupe of years has culminated in a very successful U20s side and he should be recognised for his role in that but I fear he can not go back to it.

The whole experience may have confirmed for him that youth football is where his future lies and where he is best suited.

I can't see how he can simply revert back. Would he want to go back ? Would a new man want him in the background ? I suppose it depends who the new manager is as well, perhaps he knows Murty and could work with him.

He will be after another first team position, or at least assistant's position. It is never good to have an old man in charge kicking about so he has to go. Also, the 20s are performing great under Kirkwood so he has taken his chance and should remain.

I can't see it, it appears the youths are in better hands now than they were with him.

I think they only way he would be retained would be as a coach with the 1st team.

he must move on.even for his own future.all the under 20,s will have seen how weak he is,and that will not be good.

This is fairly typical of our support. We have people who answer the call and then get abused and called all sorts. He could have just stayed where he was, where everyone was regarding him as doing a great job.

But no, he steps up reluctantly and before he was ever going to be ready for this job, gets hung out to dry by the board, and then gets this kinda sh!t thrown at him.

Same with Lee Wallace, and even Lee McCulloch before him.

Am I frustrated and annoyed with the 3 names I've mentioned. Yes I am or have been. But I don't think we should be spouting crap like this out loud so to speak. We should be supporting not slagging.

We really are a horrible bunch at times.

This is fairly typical of our support. We have people who answer the call and then get abused and called all sorts. He could have just stayed where he was, where everyone was regarding him as doing a great job.

But no, he steps up reluctantly and before he was ever going to be ready for this job, gets hung out to dry by the board, and then gets this kinda sh!t thrown at him.

Same with Lee Wallace, and even Lee McCulloch before him.

Am I frustrated and annoyed with the 3 names I've mentioned. Yes I am or have been. But I don't think we should be spouting crap like this out loud so to speak. We should be supporting not slagging.

We really are a horrible bunch at times.

I feel a little guilty that I dislike Murty as much as I do.

The real villains are the are the Board who continue to cower behind him.

He's unfortunate in the fact that he thought he could do it and is clearly massively out of his depth.

He should never have been given the job FT. That is on the board but at that point, he could have really said no and that he'd done his (second) temporary stint and that was him.

His ego made him think he could do it and that he couldn't is on himself.

He had a chance that many others (with more qualifications) will never get and blew it.

Can't be too sympathetic about it all.

He’s made himself toxic.

Feel sorry for him as it is the board who put him in a no win situation. But he’s the guy who pays with his job.

I cannot see him hanging around, his time as a manager is littered with blunders.
Would he command the respect of the youths, i doubt it now.

Some of the responses and abuse directed at Murty are a disgrace.

I don't think we will be able to step back, he will need to move on for his own sanity.

Hopefully he leaves and finds another job. I blame the board more than him for this shambles.

All things considered i dont think the guy is that daft to hang around.
An impossible position for him to be in.

I hope not. Don't want him making our youths soft as shite

While I don't disagree, the first team squad players were as soft as shite before he got anywhere near them.

Whatever else, he is not responsible for that and it is unfair to infer he "made" them so.

Surely it’s a different situation after he accepted the job on a full time basis and was no longer the interim manager. I would say that as soon as he accepted the role to the end of the season he no longer had a job to go back to

Our youths finished mid table with him in charge. They are doing really well now against a higher standard of opposition without him so he’s better off away

Think he should be moved on all together. 20s are flying under Kirkwood at the moment. After the way it’s been this past few weeks I don’t see any way back for him.
This is how I see it. I think he will go and get a role somewhere in the (Scottish) Championship.

He come in with a reputation as a good youth coach.
He will leave with a reputation as a weak willed, victim mentality manager.

Its not nice saying that as he stepped up to try and help the club out, but maybe he got a bit carried away.
Best for all if he moves to build his reputation up again.

When things were going better I felt he would still have a place in the Academy/u20's staff, but there's now too much water under the bridge for that. Probably best for all concerned that he moves on, even for his own sake.

As others have mentioned:
Is his mentality the sort we want our youths to be coached with ?
The youths are performing as well as, if not better, without him.

And my own bugbear ...
For being the youths manager, he didn't think enough of even ONE of them to get them a chance as a first team sub; indeed, even for them to get a bench spot.

It doesn't say much of his opinion of the young players that he has been coaching that of all the places available on the bench during his tenure, nobody like Dallas nor Rudden nor Atakayi nor Mayo nor Middleton more recently, have been able to get much of a chance.

I don't want him anywhere near our youths, they seem to be doing really well at the moment.

Murty has shown that he does not have the mentality to be mentoring young men and preparing them for the step up to playing in one of the most pressurized environments in British football.

He couldn't mange it himself so how is he going to inspire others.

Its a no way from me.

Back