Will Murty revert back to his old role..............

Don't see how he can go back to the U20s, he's lost alot of credibility and respectability by coming across as an absolute blouse nearly crying in interviews.

Do you think Murty will be happy to go back behind the scenes or seek a managers job elsewhere? From what i remember he was doing a good job within the youth setup previously but not sure if his time at Ibrox will be up altogether.
I want him gone. He may have been considered to be doing a good job with them at the time but they’re doing much better now

Personally think he has no option but to leave altogether.
It shouldn’t be his option
Rangers should be looking to get rid of him.
I can forgive a lot of what he’s done due to inexperience / situation he’s been elevated too but put simply it doesn’t reflect well If he can’t get basic formation / tactics & substitutions correct , then how is he ever going to help the youth teams?

The board's created a ticking timebomb with him. He's erratic at times, very low or very up himself.
I think it's best for everyone if Graeme heads down to Reading and doesn't set foot in Auchenhowie again.

Good chance we'll need him roundabout next Christmas when the fans turn on the new guy for not being top of the league.

No. I think the youths are improving without him. We can no longer have people who have a weak mentality in positions of importance at our club.

Has to be a clean break. I can see him geting a much less stressful job with a lower league English side and maybe even doing well there.

Clean break is best for him and the club. No way can he go back to the youths, nor do i think he'd want to.

Do you think Murty will be happy to go back behind the scenes or seek a managers job elsewhere? From what i remember he was doing a good job within the youth setup previously but not sure if his time at Ibrox will be up altogether.
Hes to leave Ibrox. Finished as far as I'm concerned

Does no one think the youth team are now bearing the ftuits of all the hard work he put in ??
I think it's a bit unfair that Folk now suggesting they are better now since he left .
IMO the guy was only answering the call of the club when taking charge .I don't think he actively sought the position .

Does no one think the youth team are now bearing the ftuits of all the hard work he put in ??
I think it's a bit unfair that Folk now suggesting they are better now since he left .
IMO the guy was only answering the call of the club when taking charge .I don't think he actively sought the position .
You make a fair point and I have not got it in for Murty on any personal level.

I just think , and said so when he got the job until the end of the season , if it went South ,he would be gone with it.

Given all that has gone on in the last few weeks that makes my assertion even more true..

I couldn't see him returning to the U 20s with any authority now, nothing personal.

He should be allowed his old job back if he wants it.

He is well regarded in youth coaching and we were all happy with the job he was doing before the Board totally ruined the first team manager hunt.

If he has higher aspirations then fair enough, but would be cruel to sack him entirely based on the past couple of months.

Less than a year ago this guy was apparently doing a fantastic job with our U20's.
He was hailed by many to be the perfect man for the job and the first team was eventually reaping the benefits of his efforts.
Fast forward a few months and he's asked to do a job (to help us out) that was patently above his current skill set but he agreed to do it anyway.
It started well but his inexperience eventually let him down (not his fault!)
I agree that it would be extremely difficult for him to resort to his old position so effectively the guy is losing his job for agreeing to help us out in our hour of need!
I genuinely hope The Board do the right thing and don't just cast him aside like a used flunky!
The man deserves better than that!
And btw, some of the comments about him on this thread are very disappointing to say the least.

Can’t see how he can go back, pride alone shouldn’t let him. The club need to move on and him now having luggage attached to him will see the Club thanking him and good luck in the future.

I think the guy deserves to revert to his previous role if he wants to. He helped out when we needed help and deserves to have a chance to redeem himself in his previous role.

See when this whole thing started and Murty stepped up to the role the first thing I said to family and friends was, what's going to happen to him when we recruit a manager of credit. Everyone plus me said Murty will get his old job back...right now I'm not to sure on that tbh.

Before the Semi against the scum I had some credible feeling. After that all was gone.

I’d be surprised if he doesn’t think of himself as a manager.

With the merry go round in England, someone from the lower leagues might take a punt.

For the avoidance, I don’t think he’s a manager

Not this again.

Contractually he cannot.

He stays in as permanent coach or leaves the club.

2 options.

Two choices.

Only 2 routes open to him.

I honestly think he'll need a rest after this. You can see that he's incredibly stressed to the point its actually quite worrying.

I'd imagine afterwards he'll go elsewhere. Maybe a U20s role down south or even managing in League One or something.

I don't believe that he will and I certainly hope not. Doubt that he has any credence left among the players throughout the club at all levels.

Back