Will we disappoint our manager on Thursday?

TheStandardBearer

Our manager has said that it’s “only a small section” of Ibrox that won’t be there and has again said that the team needs the rest of Ibrox to be with the team from the first minute to the last.

Are we capable of delivering?

I personally can’t see it. Think the small group of poles will outsing the rest of our support.

Our manager has said that it’s “only a small section” of Ibrox that won’t be there and has again said that the team needs the rest of Ibrox to be with the team from the first minute to the last.

I personally can’t see it. Think the small group of poles will outsing the rest of our support.

That last part is right up there with one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever seen in over a decade using this forum

Because if you attend Ibrox on big European nights you’ll know for a fact we won’t be letting our team down in terms of noise and support.

All about opinions and standards pal.

I remember feeling we let our team down on many occasions, the uefa cup final being one where I witnessed thousands of bears sitting on their arse while a few thousand Russians jumped about for 90 minutes supporting their team.

I think it’s easier for some folk to pretend otherwise though.

I think you are doing our support a massive injustice. Atmosphere at European nights is fantastic. Saying a couple of thousand Poles will out sing us is nothing short of ridiculous. A really disappointing post in my opinion.

I fear after the initial roar you’ll be able to hear a pin drop. No union bears to start. People brow beaten all week. Most likely scenario is we will sing nothing after the initial club approved megamix to be on the safe side.

We are now a week on and Rangers have not got in front of this. As far as I know the songs banned that have got us into bother contain the word 19th Century Terrorist. I have read this on here in the keep your powder dry nod and a wink style threads that its the Billy Boys and Super Rangers and I shouldn’t need led by the hand about whats acceptable. I’ve barely heard the not suitable for football 50p flute song or NPOR at any home games for years so I doubt it’s those two.

I know there are plenty of good Rangers songs to sing but Rangers must somehow get it across to the fans any tunes targeted by Fare to stay safe and remove any grey areas once and for all.

From what the union bears have been singing lately at home games (followed on by the rest of us,) Are build my gallows, fathers advice and the ‘we are coming song’ (don’t know the name of it,) on the FARE list?

I think you are doing our support a massive injustice. Atmosphere at European nights is fantastic. Saying a couple of thousand Poles will out sing us is nothing short of ridiculous. A really disappointing post in my opinion.

It’s only my honest opinion you Shouldn’t let it disappoint you.

Like I’ve already explained I’ve seen us outsung at a Euro final and many other times when the team has really needed us so suggesting we might be outsung in a qualifier I don’t think is too much of an exaggeration.

You’re welcome.
Always happy to help educate those who don't know or don’t seem to know our history.

You’re away with the fairies pal. At no point did I ever say we’ve never created an atmosphere before the UB’s.

You’re inventing arguements I’m afraid.

I’m glad you consider yourself a historian after randomly providing me with that riveting information.

I remember feeling we let our team down on many occasions, the uefa cup final being one where I witnessed thousands of bears sitting on their arse while a few thousand Russians jumped about for 90 minutes supporting their team.

I remember a commentator on the night saying when the Russian support were bouncing and we responded, and I’ll paraphrase only the last word here, “nobody outsings the Rangers”.

You’re away with the fairies pal. At no point did I ever say we’ve never created an atmosphere before the UB’s.

You’re inventing arguements I’m afraid.

I’m glad you consider yourself a historian after randomly providing me with that riveting information.
No, you’re correct, you didn’t say that, not that I’m aware of anyway.
It wasn’t too much of a leap to infer this though from your post.

I remember a commentator on the night saying when the Russian support were bouncing and we responded, and I’ll paraphrase only the last word here, “nobody outsings the Rangers”.

I’m glad you remember that. Worth noting a throwaway comment from a commentator hardly captures the reality of what actually happened.

I remember bears arguing with each other as some tried to stand up and others complained, I also remember the large majority of us sitting on our hands for most of the game while the Russians literally supported their team for 90 minutes.

Sure whenever we bothered to sing we were louder but it doesn’t tell the full story.

That cup final was the biggest anti climax I've known in 50 years. That is a very, very poor example.
Ibrox will be terrific on Thursday.

Last edited:
Take your idiotic posts elsewhere. Dullard.
Treating people like their two years of age, you'll be claiming it's your reverse psychology on a forum that got people off their feet. Your opinion of your fellow fan in light of what has been thrown at us in the last week is bizarre! Have you found one person who agrees with you?
Were you so disappointed with the atmosphere and backing of the team on Sunday that you genuinely thought you know what I'm going to create another negative thread on the atmosphere and slight my fellow fans?
I should have left it as my first 2 words
%^*& off

It will be more difficult to create the kind of atmosphere the manager has requested without the union bears as we have been so used to them orchestrating it. The fact we are wary of what is and is not acceptable won’t help either when it comes to the playlist. I think we have the team now though that will help the atmosphere and get bums off seats and the support roaring their approval by their performance. Fans don’t win games players on the park do. Let’s roar the team on, sing songs about the Rangers and we will be just fine and won’t disappoint the manager.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I think this is the OP.

What a minging thread the day before a massive game for the club.

Treating people like their two years of age, you'll be claiming it's your reverse psychology on a forum that got people off their feet. Your opinion of your fellow fan in light of what has been thrown at us in the last week is bizarre! Have you found one person who agrees with you?
Were you so disappointed with the atmosphere and backing of the team on Sunday that you genuinely thought you know what I'm going to create another negative thread on the atmosphere and slight my fellow fans?
I should have left it as my first 2 words
%^*& off
He's clueless, mentions being outsung
At no time has Gerrard EVER mentioned singing but those dulcit tones of Legia will impact 45k bears screaming with the flow of the game

Triggered much? You’re arguing with yourself and making stuff up about someone you don’t know the first thing about.

Every single one of my posts are factual, yours seem to be written by a loon. Feel free to leave this thread at any time, pal.

It’s going to take a while for fans to adjust to now being 100% certain that any stupid songs will get both themselves turfed out of Ibrox and our club papped out of Europe .

No ifs or buts. No wee slip ups .

If anyone thinks that isn’t going to affect the atmosphere at games for a while , they are sadly mistaken .

In order to minimise the impact the club need to lead from the front in conjunction with the BF1 singing section to promote and sing proper Rangers songs throughout the game .

Until such times as this happens , there is no doubt whatsoever we will see a quieter Ibrox stadium - I just hope the team lead from the front to get the fans going until this is all sorted out and people adjust .

Aye all about opinions yet mine is dismissed as pretending. No problem buddy, I’m sure you’ll be sitting in the stand fizzing come Thursday night when I’m proved correct.

I’m glad you remember that. Worth noting a throwaway comment from a commentator hardly captures the reality of what actually happened.

I remember bears arguing with each other as some tried to stand up and others complained, I also remember the large majority of us sitting on our hands for most of the game while the Russians literally supported their team for 90 minutes.

Sure whenever we bothered to sing we were louder but it doesn’t tell the full story.

I dont agree with your O.P and when it comes to Ibrox under the lights i dont know where you came up with this thread. That being said i agree 100% about manchester i was mega disappointed with the Rangers fans and many others have said the same over the years.

Aye all about opinions yet mine is dismissed as pretending. No problem buddy, I’m sure you’ll be sitting in the stand fizzing come Thursday night when I’m proved correct.

Nothing would make me happier than for you to be right believe me. I just can’t see it though and I fear our gaffers pleas will be in vain.

It’s only my honest opinion you Shouldn’t let it disappoint you.

Like I’ve already explained I’ve seen us outsung at a Euro final and many other times when the team has really needed us so suggesting we might be outsung in a qualifier I don’t think is too much of an exaggeration.

Fair enough mate. As you say, your entitled to your opinion. Will you post a thread apologising on Friday morning if your proved wrong?

I fear after the initial roar you’ll be able to hear a pin drop. No union bears to start. People brow beaten all week. Most likely scenario is we will sing nothing after the initial club approved megamix to be on the safe side.

We are now a week on and Rangers have not got in front of this. As far as I know the songs banned that have got us into bother contain the word 19th Century Terrorist. I have read this on here in the keep your powder dry nod and a wink style threads that its the Billy Boys and Super Rangers and I shouldn’t need led by the hand about whats acceptable. I’ve barely heard the not suitable for football 50p flute song or NPOR at any home games for years so I doubt it’s those two.

I know there are plenty of good Rangers songs to sing but Rangers must somehow get it across to the fans any tunes targeted by Fare to stay safe and remove any grey areas once and for all.

From what the union bears have been singing lately at home games (followed on by the rest of us,) Are build my gallows, fathers advice and the ‘we are coming song’ (don’t know the name of it,) on the FARE list?

There are always football or Rangers songs.

I dont agree with your O.P and when it comes to Ibrox under the lights i dont know where you came up with this thread. That being said i agree 100% about manchester i was mega disappointed with the Rangers fans and many others have said the same over the years.

I started the thread after hearing our gaffer who has now pleaded on two seperate occasions for the fans to get behind the team for 90 minutes,

If an intelligent man like him feels the need to ask not only once then there’s a good chance he’s not as confident as the bears like yourself.

I started the thread after hearing our gaffer who has now pleaded on two seperate occasions for the fans to get behind the team for 90 minutes,

If an intelligent man like him feels the need to ask not only once then there’s a good chance he’s not as confident as the bears like yourself.

I don’t think he has asked or “pleaded”. I think he has merely pointed out the lift the players get from the support and stated we need to keep it up as it’s part of building the winning mentality particularly at home.
On several occasions he has acknowledged the contribution of the fans as have many of the current squad. I’m really struggling to see where anyone at Rangers is asking us to support the team more mate

Personally won’t be in attendance due to the BF1 ban. And I dearly hope the rest of the stadium can still make it a hostile atmosphere and a night to remember.

It is a worry as the Poles will be a very loud and uniformed support, similar to Vienna last season, but with vastly more numbers - the Bears can still make the atmosphere special.

In my experience, regardless the fixture, some other areas of the stadium generate zero atmosphere outwith grumbling and moaning so I can see the OP’s concern.

However, as pointed out, the UB didn’t invent singing at the football and it’s time for everyone to step up.

Maybe because every zenit fan that wanted to be in Manchester was in the stadium, there was 150,000 bears outside without a ticket I seem to recall

We as a support need led nowadays. The Parma atmosphere has not been matched recently (although the rapid game came close).

I'd like to see us trial some kind of prompt on the big screen. It doesn't have to be the full lyrics just the song title to get the crowd started.

Usually on these nights you don't even hear BF1 because the rest of the stadium is rocking .
I think the OP should just stay in bed for the whole of Thursday

Given the importance of the game and what’s at stake, the fans wont let the team down.
The manager has said many times it’s upto the team also to lift the fans and turn in a performance, last season the Austria Vienna game was one of the best atmospheres and the team playing well and the away fans contributed massively our support won’t sit in silence

Bf1/UB are not the be all and end all. the colour and noise will be a miss however implying that the rest of us will “let the manager down” is pathetic.

Will the manager let me down? Will the players? I don’t pay my ST money to go and entertain Stevie G and the team, precisely the opposite.

Back