Willie Collum appointed as new Head of Refereeing

Moronic victim card being played by the Collum and Clancy Club.

Just IGNORE VAR - those crystal clear slow motion images are just your imagination!!!!
Just IGNORE VAR - those crystal clear slow motion images are just your imagination!!!!

Naaaaaaaa!!! Still not working!!!!

Willie has been rehabilitated and now welcomed back into the Peasant fold after the horrific media campaign launched against him to be demoted when he gave a penalty for us against Celtc at the piggery back in 2010, which coincidently was our last ever penalty at that dump. They went after him with a vengeance, and finally got their way.

Remember this is the penalty he gave because he ‘heard the contact’, never seen it, according to every tim.

Liars from cradle to grave.

Following on from my initial rant. What is it this role actual entails, what will his job be to actually do? The state of refereeing can't really get much worse to be honest here in Scotland. Does this mean he no longer gets to referee games - that would be a slight bonus I suppose.

0_Screenshot-2024-05-13-at-141810.png

Just like our last first minister. An incompetent, over promoted idiot who got the job due to his useful idiot status to those actually running things.

Exactly, it’s been stated hundreds of times why it just won’t work.

Others wanting a statement released…….to say what? We go on a rant about Collum, everyone just laughs at us and it happens anyway, there’s bugger all we can do here.
Some would genuinely want our board to mention his religion and why when the country only has 16% Catholic population he gets this job.

Can you imagine the headlines? And not just in Scotland. Our club would be in very serious bother if we even alluded to it.

I think our problems with refereeing, the reason it is always being debated on here has nothing to do with crap officials, the issue is bias and the fear of being fair.

I would love to have rubbish officials then we would benefit and win some games when we dont deserve it but we never do, Celtic also have zero issues from their pov the refereeing is excellent.
No worries mate, apologies if I picked you up wrong.

I agree with you regarding the number of officials who seem to be scared to enforce the rules of the game.

McDermid who reffed us last night at St Johnstone being a prime example.

Some would genuinely want our board to mention his religion and why when the country only has 16% Catholic population he gets this job.

Can you imagine the headlines? And not just in Scotland. Our club would be in very serious bother if we even alluded to it.

The only one mentioning religion is you, mate.

If we don't trust the refs, then we should publicly say so, no matter who they are or whatever religion.

Staying silent is not helping us.

When they single out referees, they end up moving out the country or get removed from their positions.

When we single out referees, they get promoted.

Surely to f.uck teams outside of the OF will now wake up to the situation here and stop lumping us in with them? Until they wake up and smell the coffee, the game will remain fecked up here.
Not one of them will see a problem , they simply say it’s a Rangers problem , doesn’t involve them.

I’m sure there was an extensive list of top quality candidates he had to stave off to earn that appointment… the weasel-faced little c@nt stick.

The only one mentioning religion is you, mate.

If we don't trust the refs, then we should publicly say so, no matter who they are or whatever religion.

Staying silent is not helping us.
Read the thread, and similar ones.

There are folk on here who always set the bar far too high (deliberately?) For the board/gaffer/players and I'm convinced it's so when their unreasonable demands aren't met it gives them a chance to moan.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, the board/club could have done about this.

Read the thread, and similar ones.

There are folk on here who always set the bar far too high (deliberately?) For the board/gaffer/players and I'm convinced it's so when their unreasonable demands aren't met it gives them a chance to moan.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, the board/club could have done about this.

We could publicly voice our displeasure at Collum's appointment and put it on record that we question his credibility, mate.

Staying silent is doing us more harm than ever.

We could publicly voice our displeasure at Collum's appointment and put it on record that we question his credibility, mate.

Staying silent is doing us more harm than ever.
we have already voiced our concerns about Collum on more than 1 occasion, what did it achieve then and what will it achieve now?

How can one of the worlds worst referees become head of refereeing?
He almost caused a riot in a foreign country one evening FFS lol

we have already voiced our concerns about Collum on more than 1 occasion, what did it achieve then and what will it achieve now?

Just publicly tell the truth and say what we believe, that Collum is untrustworthy and without credibility.

Why is that nobody has a problem with Celtc publicly going after Robertson, Walsh and Beaton, but we should sit down and shut up. ?

I don't get that attitude, tbh.

Just publicly tell the truth and say what we believe, that Collum is untrustworthy and without credibility.

Why is that nobody has a problem with Celtc publicly going after Robertson, Walsh and Beaton, but we should sit down and shut up. ?

Because we already have tried that, it achieved absolutely bugger all, Collum has reffed our games since and has now been given a promotion.

Saying similar now will be met with the same response, ie laughed at, then it will continue to happen anyway.

I'm sorry, but staying silent is absolutely the wrong thing to do.

From next season, there needs to be a radical overhaul in how we adress the ref issue.

Every game we play next season, we publicly ask for a fair and impartial ref at the pre-match press conference. If we get done over by a terrible decision, then refer to it at the post-match press conference.

There needs to be change from within Ibrox, or we are permanently playing for 2nd spot every season.
We've been getting fucked over for years for that very reason.

They attack refs, pan windows, cause refs to strike, openly criticise (Lennon and Brenda in particular) seek clarification and generally portray this hard done by sort of persona whilst the truth is the opposite. All of this and a but of help frim useful idiots in the media. They've made the game a complete sham.

Call them out, moan, get friendly media folk of there are some to call them out. Call them cheats if they are cheating. Use evidence as there is fucking loads of it. Use statistics. Show that we and others get officiated differently to shame fc.

Doing nothing is insulting and a dereliction of those in charges duties. Or can they sit on high wages and be satisfied that we get screwed regularly?

We need to grow a set.

Because we already have tried that, it achieved absolutely bugger all, Collum has reffed our games since and has now been given a promotion.

Saying similar now will be met with the same response, ie laughed at, then it will continue to happen anyway.
We tried and stopped. We should have kept on and then on again the next time and the next.

Our current strategy works does it?

Of course the SFA / SPFL media would laugh at us complaining. Its been like that for as long as I can remember. It is because they don't take us seriously.

Our entire approach to refs needs overhauled, and should be a major focus of every pre-match press conference. If a certain ref has done us over before, then publicly mention it with a dig that we hope he has improved since then.

We are hopeless on this issue.

Wow that is mental.
Rewarded for being a lady's front bottom i mean good boy.
Should be called out but we wont.
Ridiculous.

Literally hundreds of former referees all over the world who could overhaul refereeing in Scotland and they can't see past their own front door.

It's not surprising from the SFA they are an utter shambles.

partly as a section of our support thinks we should just ignore it and if we don't win its always our own fault

We've been getting fucked over for years for that very reason.

They attack refs, pan windows, cause refs to strike, openly criticise (Lennon and Brenda in particular) seek clarification and generally portray this hard done by sort of persona whilst the truth is the opposite. All of this and a but of help frim useful idiots in the media. They've made the game a complete sham.

Call them out, moan, get friendly media folk of there are some to call them out. Call them cheats if they are cheating. Use evidence as there is fucking loads of it. Use statistics. Show that we and others get officiated differently to shame fc.

Doing nothing is insulting and a dereliction of those in charges duties. Or can they sit on high wages and be satisfied that we get screwed regularly?

We need to grow a set.

It actually saddens me that the support just accept the nonsense every season from refs, and don't want to make a fuss in case they are " laughed at ".

Even from a business point of view, we are being done over for 10's of millions of pounds.

This is why we need another “cinch” type scenario. Sometimes for things to get better they first of all need to get worse. The cheating in Scottish football is what is dragging us down to the levels akin to the Welsh/Irish leagues for it to get better we need to do what we can to bankrupt the bastards forcing a league breakaway.

It’s the Scottish football authorities’ idea of progress - to actively seek to go from bad to worse.
I despair that no clubs other than ourselves seem to care about what has been going on for many years and would not seek to change things by voting to clear out the cheats and clowns that run the game.

So, let me get this straight, Collum doesn't refer the ref to VAR for a clear as day, blatant punch on the ball, his supervisor, the guy he is replacing, unofficially uses VAR software to show a questionable offside in the build up, he then retires, after a bit of flack, and then Collum gets promoted to the very same job with no one asking questions apart from Rangers fans?!?
You got it straight Gazza - although he turned up for the interview in his "sellic tap" in case there were any doubters.

One of his qualities is that "he understands the landscape of Scottish football" - you betcha he does.

He's also going to "outline his plan in detail" - it will state:

"Rangers bad, Celtic good - all decisions, or non-decisions, to be made in accordance with those principles. Amen".

The wording of the statement re his appointment is quite incredible. You'd think they've miraculously pulled off a major coup. Applications the world over apparently, but somehow Willie Collum beat them all to land the job. Not read through the entire thread but I'd imagine..."they're just trolling us now"...has appeared on several occasions and they wouldn't be wrong. Sickening really. We really are all on our own in this poxy country.

If Rangers keep saying nothing, then the corruption just gets worse and more blatant, tbh.

The club should have been mentioning Collum as the last ref to give us a penalty at the piggery 14 years ago, and caused uproar in the media and put pressure on Collum before last Saturday's game. But again, we stayed silent and predictably were done over.

We are in a cultural war with the SFA and SPFL.
A full scale attack on referees would unite the rest of Scottish football and the media against us.

The idea that this would do some good misunderstands the way we are perceived in Scottish football. We have no support amongst the other clubs. Look at the several attempts we have had at getting rid of Doncaster. All failed in the face of overwhelming evidence of his incompetence.

A public slagging of referees would do no good. Also not the right thing to do. We don’t change anything by being more like them. We can’t out do them on sleekedness they are generations ahead of us. Nor should we.

Back