Willie Collum appointed as new Head of Refereeing

I`m almost certain now that it will come out in a few years that there's some kind of match fixing or something untoward with the referees and them like in Italy a few years back.

It`s the only way to explain the bizarre behaviours we see from the refs and the authorities here. Incompetent, I could understand, but surely that would mean mistakes both ways, not just significant, consistent mistakes against one club in particular at pivotal points of the season.
The only thing you've said that I don't believe is that it will actually be exposed.

Recall that but couldn’t remember the game. I think it involved Spain. Can you remember teams involved. I seem to recall he was basically binned sine die as a consequence of his incompetence.

I'll find it eventually, mate.

Its clear that Collum's ludicrous appointment today is a GIRUY to us for correctly questioning his cheating at the piggery last year. Rangers should mock his promotion as the shabby backroom act of corruption we all know it is.

No i think the majority of them are useless cheating 19th Century Terrorist bastards.

You backing down on saying Rodgers said Robertson was on his last warning?
This is even another match report from the same game

Rodgers said:

"There is no danger, but the referee absolutely takes the point away from us," the former Liverpool boss said.

"I have seen some bad decisions up here since I've been at Celtic, but that is the worst.

"Is it cheating? It is. Let's not fudge and beat about the bush. That's what it is.

"You see it in the game, but the referee lost control of the game, which led to the penalty and the sending off. It wasn't very good officiating.

"I didn't speak to the referee afterwards on the pitch. It wasn't the time or place. But I'll definitely speak to him if he lets the lock off his door."

There we go lads. Next season starts here. Plan on bringing in players to score ten more goals than we should need, because we're only going to see more chopped off for infringements 3 phases of play earlier, "there was contact" calls against our strikers going for 50-50s, and so on.

Collum oversaw the most embarrassing, baffling and weird incident I've seen since VAR came in with the Johnston handball and "offside" justification released 45 minutes later. Haven't seen anything like it in world football. But he's the man to head refereeing. Sure.

Hello, can I get a taxi for Rangers , we’ve got to get out of this joke league. This is the man our board asked the SFA to never referee a Rangers game again and now he is in charge of refereeing in Scotland. Unbelievable Jeff.

When they single out referees, they end up moving out the country or get removed from their positions.

When we single out referees, they get promoted.

Surely to f.uck teams outside of the OF will now wake up to the situation here and stop lumping us in with them? Until they wake up and smell the coffee, the game will remain fecked up here.
The diddy clubs won't give a feck, every single last one of them hate us every bit as much as Paedo FC. 2012 surely tells us that.

A full scale attack on referees would unite the rest of Scottish football and the media against us.

The idea that this would do some good misunderstands the way we are perceived in Scottish football. We have no support amongst the other clubs. Look at the several attempts we have had at getting rid of Doncaster. All failed in the face of overwhelming evidence of his incompetence.

A public slagging of referees would do no good. Also not the right thing to do. We don’t change anything by being more like them. We can’t out do them on sleekedness they are generations ahead of us. Nor should we.
The rest of scotland is already united against us. Therefore our speaking up would do no harm.

No i think the majority of them are useless cheating 19th Century Terrorist bastards.

You backing down on saying Rodgers said Robertson was on his last warning?

No, mate.

Its way back in the thread where Rodgers and Celtc go after refs at press conferences and AGM's.

There are no words. Shame fc fans all over the comments delighted by this. We’re done for.

Di8S1-.gif

I'm not sure what the tangible positive effect of us as a club publicly calling out Collum is expected to achieve.

I mean, we could be shouty and moan about it, but I don't know what it would change.

In fact, if folk are suggesting that them appointing him is a direct GIRUY for calling him out publicly after the Celtic fiasco (after which he was also given the recent game at their pit to have another stab at us) does that not suggest that doing it only serves to fuel them making the situation even worse?

What actual change or effect do people think we'll see that improves that situation for us on the field? Genuinely curious if that's the aim or it's just a case of wanting us to be saying stuff just for the sake of it.

He may not be officiating any more but he is in a more powerful position to do us damage. The Tim minded SFA would not appoint anyone who may show us the slightest bit of impartiality.
This is more bad news for us potential corruption, cheating, manipulation wise.
North Korea etc don’t have a look in when it comes to the SFA/SPFL
Both bent and incompetent to the core IMO.
Jesus we are up against it.

A boot in the baws for us. Another scum supporter put in a position to fekk us over again. A clown who can't get decisions right looking at evidence on screen. An openly cheating rat getting the license to shite all over Rangers. Hope our club has something to say about this corrupt assignment

A boot in the baws for us. Another scum supporter put in a position to fekk us over again. A clown who can't get decisions right looking at evidence on screen. An openly cheating rat getting the license to shite all over Rangers. Hope our club has something to say about this corrupt assignment

That Celtc's only complaint against refs this season was for an incident where one of their players was sent off for kicking an opponent in the face says it all.

It can't get any worse, mate.

Collum was praised for awarding an incorrect penalty at the piggery just last week and for red carding Lundstram for a challenge that he wouldn't dare issue even a yellow to Calum McGregor.
Agreed. So therefore the club at the very least should raise exactly what you have said. The club saying nothing is yet again total negligence and acceptance of this corruption.

How would you have dealt with it ‘professionally’?

The mhedia would always criticise anything Rangers did or said.

Not leaking the details of a confidential meeting to fan media reps.

We all know the official RFC statement bombed and at that point Bisgrove released details of the SFA meetings and their requests for fan media to run with. It was unprofessional and in any competent organisation would actually see an employee subject breaching confidentiality.

Utterly ridiculous thing to happen that completely turned the debate on its head about Collum.

That Celtc's only complaint against refs this season was for an incident where one of their players was sent off for kicking an opponent in the face says it all.
Not one incident in our games against that mob actually went against them and a helluva lot should have. Collum involved in at least four helpful calls for them. Yes he has definitely done what was required to step into his new job as celtics man with the var power.

Not leaking the details of a confidential meeting to fan media reps.

We all know the official RFC statement bombed and at that point Bisgrove released details of the SFA meetings and their requests for fan media to run with. It was unprofessional and in any competent organisation would actually see an employee subject breaching confidentiality.

Utterly ridiculous thing to happen that completely turned the debate on its head about Collum.
I asked you what the club should have done.

You’re just repeating your criticism of what the club did.

The SFA leaked its version of events and one newspaper ran with Collum’s. I don’t see them being criticised as ‘unprofessional’.

Oh well that's just splendid, only in this Country does failure lead to promotion.
The lady's front bottom

You have to say, they really know how to look after their own.

Talking about “improving mutual respect between officials, clubs and fans”…

That sentence coming from the very face that stood at that VAR Monitor on Saturday and still gave celtic that penalty.

Talk about irony

The way he talks to players wearing the wrong strip should get him a 10 year ban.

Not seeing Johnson's handball should get a lifetime ban from refereeing period!

He clearly asked for the OF game at the weekend so he could help his favorite team.

What a shambles Scottish Football is.
It would have been absolutely clear before the game on Saturday that this announcement was imminent. There is not a chance in hell that Collum was going to give a single contentious decision in our favour in that match. No way were the SFA going to accept Collum being announced for this job on the back of a timmy tantrum.

They knew what they were doing before, during and after that match. His pseudo angry wee man act makes absolute sense now. Pity it was only directed one way.

We see you Maxwell, we see you Collum and we know what you are. Fecking frauds from the top to the bottom.

Time for Rangers to start questioning the massively skewed stats the yahoos enjoy in this league.

All we had to do was press and press for an explanation of why he didn't deem it a handball offence by Johnston worthy of review by Walsh in December. Forget offside, forget audio. It's all we had to ask - repeatedly until we got an answer. He couldn't have given one. What a c*nt we made of it. And now here we are.

You have to say, they really know how to look after their own.

Talking about “improving mutual respect between officials, clubs and fans”…

That sentence coming from the very face that stood at that VAR Monitor on Saturday and still gave celtic that penalty.

Talk about irony

The look on his face when he was talking to Diomande was the opposite of respectful too.

All we had to do was press and press for an explanation of why he didn't deem it a handball offence by Johnston worthy of review by Walsh in December. Forget offside, forget audio. It's all we had to ask - repeatedly until we got an answer. He couldn't have given one. What a c*nt we made of it. And now here we are.
We got an answer , it was subjective, and collum didn't think it was a penalty

When you achieve the goals set to you by the people in charge - you get a promotion.

He’s obviously been doing his job right per his bosses. If that doesn’t exemplify the utter fucking contempt and bias towards our club nothing ever will.

We are in extraordinary times right now where overpaid, underskilled or backhanded bastards are ruining the very things we love.

I can only hope that the cycle ends soon, it’s beyond any realistic probabilities and far into concious or uncocious bias towards anyone playing against the scum, particularly our club.

Rangers - do not stand another minute of this. By winning on the park emphatically and consistently or by investigation we must root out this clique who are pulling the strings in the background.

Let’s get some more silverware then King, Bennet et al, Do something.

No, mate.

Its way back in the thread where Rodgers and Celtc go after refs at press conferences and AGM's.
CELTIC chairman Ian Bankier has said that the performance of certain referees in Celtic matches is a concern to him as he addressed questions from shareholders at the club’s AGM.

Bankier was quizzed upon incidents involving officials Nick Walsh and Bobby Madden, with a flashpoint cited in Celtic's match against St Johnstone – which Walsh refereed – in which Cameron Carter-Vickers and Saints forward Chris Kane tangled and both received cautions, despite Kane seeming to be the aggressor.

"That is a source of deep concern,” Bankier said.
When pressed further on whether it was also a concern that the same official will take charge of Saturday’s League cup semi-final against St Johnstone, Bankier added: "We don't run the SFA.
“We are a member club of which there are others and we get our shout, we get our say.
“You can't expect us with a flick of the wrist to tell the SFA what to do and what not to do. We don't run the game."
Bankier was then asked if the performance of referee Madden in Celtic’s visit to Pittodrie last month, where he awarded 27 fouls against Celtic despite Ange Postecoglou’s side having 61 percent possession, was also a worry.

"Yes,” he replied.

“You are always concerned about the referees' performance. We make representations on a regular basis to the chief executive of the SFA on refereeing."

Agreed. So therefore the club at the very least should raise exactly what you have said. The club saying nothing is yet again total negligence and acceptance of this corruption.

That's because we have a board that has little interest or expertise on the most important issue in a football club.

The football.

There are loads of people on here and other Rangers forums, would be on the case easily.

We are the easy beats and battered wives, who keeping coming back for more, of football.

EVERY game we should be highlighting all these honest mistakes from officials.

“We had applications from experienced candidates across the UK, Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. It is to Willie’s great credit that he emerged as the outstanding candidate from such a strong international field."

Aye, right. Only one reason he was given the job and its not because he was the outstanding candidate.
I wish I had a £ for every clown I worked with who got promoted and moved to other places just to get them away from any position where they could do damage to the business.

Recall that but couldn’t remember the game. I think it involved Spain. Can you remember teams involved. I seem to recall he was basically binned sine die as a consequence of his incompetence.

If Collum was the best choice then christ knows who was the worse candidate!

Is it this, you're talking about?

SFA referee Willie Collum branded arrogant as Roma fume over Champions League penalty​

Willie Collum has come under renewed fire in Italy for his howler in Roma’s Europa League tie against Borussia Munchengladbach.

The Scottish referee infuriated the hosts when awarding a penalty for handball against them when Nico Elvedi’s header clearly struck Chris Smalling – on loan from Manchester United – on the face.

It was a crucial moment as it presented the Bundesliga side with a late equaliser, and the tie ended 1-1.

“It is a scandal,” said Roma legend Ruggero Rizzitelli, of the latest incident in the 40-year-old official’s controversy-dogged career.

“What Collum did is incomprehensible – I was really amazed. How can you possibly be sure of something that didn’t happen?

“It was total arrogance.

“The referee could easily have asked the opinion of his assistants, but instead chose to go on his own and, of course, got the decision wrong.

“It was a very serious mistake because it completely changes the situation of the group.

“Roma deserved the victory and with it would almost certainly be qualified. As it is, we don’t know if they will be able to progress or not.”

That view was shared by Zbigniew Boniek, who starred for Juventus and Poland as well as Roma, during his storied playing career.

“The referee’s mistake was an obvious one and it could have been avoided had he just asked the opinion of one of the assistants or the fourth official,” he said.

“I was disappointed, however, by the reaction of the Borussia players who contributed by appealing for the penalty when they must have known there had been no handball.”

Collum, though, did get some sympathy, with Roberto Pruzzo – who scored a double when Roma knocked Dundee United out of the European Cup in 1984 – pointing to the absence of video assistant referee as a factor.

“If there had been VAR, this error would not have happened. I hope it will soon be used in all high-level competitions,” he said.

“But I want to add that I’m sorry for Collum. I am certain that he acted in good faith, convinced that the handball had been there.

“Now everyone blames him and that cannot be an easy situation for him to have to deal with.”

His last ever game a win at Celtic Park in an Old Firm game.
His last ever major decision a wrongly awarded penalty against Rangers.
How romantic. :))

In all seriousness, it's not totally surprising that the governing bodys most experienced official is made head of referees upon his retirement.

However there are questions about his competency, indeed there have been for his whole career.

Back