Women’s World Cup- Anybody Interested?

FirstToFifty

Will anyone be watching this when it is on the BBC?

Just seen an article that says the Australian team, ranked 5th in the world, were beaten 7-0 by Newcastle Jets boys U-15’s and USA, the best in the world, were beaten 5-2 by FC Dallas boys U-15’s.

Is the standard up to professional, even lower leagues, or would they be in the amateur category in men’s football?

Due to political correctness this tournament and woman’s football in general is getting massive exposure . All the media have jumped on the bandwagon

It would be Sunday league lower echelon level at best and even then the strength and power of the men at that level would prevail.

There’s some nice technical stuff from the top women’s teams from time to time but on the whole it’s so slow, laboured and predictable that it’s barely the same sport.

I’ll flick it on if the Russian TV is covering it but only for the fact it’s a World Cup as opposed to enjoying a game of football.

Due to political correctness this tournament and woman’s football in general is getting massive exposure . All the media have jumped on the bandwagon

Seen people posting elsewhere that the Scottish Cup final isn’t available free in England anymore, yet the BBC spend the money on this.

a few Rangers girls in the Scotland squad i believe? they play england in the first match. i will give it a try

I'm of the same opinion - will watch at least a couple - but won't promise more than that at this stage

Generally speaking I'd rather watch almost any game than not watch anything i.e. junior, amateur etc. - but will of course draw the line with certain matches - I'm sure that doesn't need an explanation

To paraphrase, if they were playing in my back garden I'd wank over the fit ones before closing the curtains...

But, but, but Nicky Campbell on the BBC thinks it's beastly sexism that they're not paid as much as the men. There just can't be any other reason. That twat loves to White Knight and show how anti sexist he is.

My daughter plays football, got free tickets for Scotland v Jamaica this week at Hampden in a World Cup warm up. :confused:

I’m fully in support of woman playing football. Of course there should be a woman’s league if women want to play football.

However, the money in men’s football isn’t because of TV companies showing men’s football. It’s because millions of people turn up to watch it, which then makes it attractive to TV companies and advertisers alike. It’s the ground support that makes the whole thing attractive and lucrative.

So, pointless over exposure of Sunday league standard matches isn’t ever going to get hundreds of thousands of fans turning out week after week to watch it.

Unsurprisingly, I won’t be watching any of the Women’s WC. I’m just being honest. The standard is truly awful

I will give it a miss standard no where good enough (saying that who watched St Boo vs Scumdee hivs last night fecking awful)

Will anyone be watching this when it is on the BBC?

Just seen an article that says the Australian team, ranked 5th in the world, were beaten 7-0 by Newcastle Jets boys U-15’s and USA, the best in the world, were beaten 5-2 by FC Dallas boys U-15’s.

Is the standard up to professional, even lower leagues, or would they be in the amateur category in men’s football?
Put it this way. Would you pay £10+ to watch a boy's under-14 match? That's the standard, at best, we're talking about.

ps Word has it that the Newcastle Jets were told to ease up.

I won’t be watching no matter how much it’s being plugged by the progressive MSM it’s on the same level as the netball pish on Sky
Let’s face it all wanks like Nicky Campbell are doing is pushing the both genders are equal shite which is crap

Yes I will be. Good to see women getting a chance of raising the profile of their game. My girl aye football and I'm so proud of her when she takes to the pitch for every game.

I'll be watching (some of it anyway). Scotland v England and we also face Japan and Argentina. We also beat Brazil 1-0 in a warm up match recently, so it'll be interesting to see how far Scotland can go in this tournament.

That said I'll be taking much more of an interest in the U21 Euros and seeing how big Katic gets on.

Given I wouldn’t open my blinds to watch the male team in my front garden I won’t be watching the female team. Secessionists to a man and woman so not for me.

Its not the men's game but it has been improving steadily over the years. And is as likely to serve up entertaining football as any other type. I'm glad its getting a bit more exposure and as money goes into the game down south it means players can go full time and standards will get better.

Back