Would you prefer Rangers left Scottish Football?

Could you handle Rangers leaving Scottish Football?

• Yes

Votes: 675 84.5%
  • No

Votes: 124 15.5%

• Total voters

Loyal72

I'm not going to go into the logistics, or the how and why.

My feelings are known on the matter though, I've felt for years that Scottish football holds us back, financially and for what Rangers could become on the pitch.

We were once the richest club in Britain and a powerhouse of European football.

We could attract the England starting players to come to our club.

These days Norwich and Nottingham Forest can spend more money than us.

So, would you prefer if we could piss off to a different league set up, even if it meant having to do another ten year stint in a lower leagues climb, but at the end of that ten years, you've got Premier League for example and access to that funding, joining an Atlantic league, super League type set up maybe?

Would you?
Or do you prefer to be a big fish in a small pond?

Last edited:
I would love it if we were in a European league with the top teams from Norway Sweden Denmark Ireland etc . What a league that would be playing top teams every week with big tv money and not ran by the shower of sh1te who currently run our league.

Understandable. I just hate that we're held back so much.

You picture our fan base, our stadium, etc with the funding available to those teams.

We'd be a European Elite club.
Potentially.

I think the machine is too far ahead just now though, and showing no signs of slowing down so we’d have a lot of catching up to do.

Then it would take us what, 6/7 years to even reach the PL? I’ve seen us kick about lower leagues playing shitehawks more than enough already :))

I do totally take your point, by the way. It’s just not for me.

Defo would want to leave, however IF that were to ever happen you can be guaranteed it would only be if the scum came along too.

I'm not going to go into the logistics, or the how and why.

My feelings are known on the matter though, I've felt for years that Scottish football holds us back, financially and for what Rangers could become on the pitch.

We were once the richest club in Britain and a powerhouse of European football.

We could attract the England starting players to come to our club.

These days Norwich and Nottingham Forest can spend more money than us.

So, would you prefer if we could piss off to a different league set up, even if it meant having to do another ten year stint in a lower leagues climb, but at the end of that ten years, you've got Premier League for example and access to that funding.

Would you?
Or do you prefer to be a big fish in a small pond?

We've never been a powerhouse of European football for at least the past 40 years. Closer to 50 in reality. As for attracting English players, that was largely because of their post-Heysel European ban.

Potentially.

I think the machine is too far ahead just now though, and showing no signs of slowing down so we’d have a lot of catching up to do.

Then it would take us what, 6/7 years to even reach the PL? I’ve seen us kick about lower leagues playing shitehawks more than enough already :))

I'd watch us sit and play Oldham, Oxford, Bradford, Notts county etc.

It'd be a slog sure, but we'd be treated with respect, competent officials, a governing body that is capable.

Rangers as a club will never reach it's full potential while playing in Scottish football and the league is getting worse by the year which will only drag us down in European competition over time especially with the woeful sponsorship and TV deals signed by the SPFL.

I'd like to see some version of the Atlantic league introduced as I think cross border football will happen at some point within Europe.

I've never been sure.
Start in the lower leagues and we'd get every team wanting to lay into us and it'd be a long boring slog with no European football for years.

It'd need a new breakaway league which sees us in right in at the top table.

Yes I'd like it. Moving to England is a non starter as nobody is going to make way for us. So it would take forward thinking from the SFA/SPFL to work with leagues around the North Sea to form a cross border league. But as forward thinking is impossible with those fuqwits that's a non starter at present too

Scotland is a hate-filled shithole, where corruption and self-interest are the order of the day. It has the most corrupt set-up in world football. The things that happen here could never happen anywhere else on the planet. We are hated within our own land due to jealousy and bigotry. The day we escape this dump cannot come quick enough.

What good work has been done for the game in Scotland in the last decade?

I can’t think of a single solitary initiative that has helped boost the game from grassroots, through to the quality of football played in the top league.

The money isn’t there, but it doesn’t seem as though those charged with ensuring the game prospers are interested in maximising revenue.

Rangers after being severely shafted in 2012 for somewhat malevolent reasons have reached a European final. That in turn has benefited other clubs.

But that is not our role. We play to win for us. But I don’t like us playing in a league whereby there is more than just a curious case of poor refereeing; playing on plastic pitches; playing the same teams so many times per season; playing in run down stadiums; playing against players whose only weapon in their arsenal is to injure players of superior quality.

And that’s just a few reasons. I want Rangers to prosper, but the environment we play in needs to lend a hand in that. And for me that’s not in Scotland. Also I would take any chance to disassociate Rangers from the likes of Celtic and Aberdeen.

Last edited:
Yes. I’d happily go into the English lower leagues and try to work our way up. Scottish football is a chore. It’s constant negativity and bitterness. There’s nothing enjoyable about it.
I get your frustration, but with no European football, our finances would suffer badly. Why should we start at the bottom again because of the. Irruption if others?

I get your frustration, but with no European football, our finances would suffer badly. Why should we start at the bottom again because of the. Irruption if others?

We’d have to live within our means but with our crowds we would still have more cash than the lower league English sides.

Scottish football is dire. Some seasons we play the likes of Kilmarnock 6 times if we draw them in the cups.

The constant childish bickering between supporters of opposing clubs has become tiring. I can’t be arsed with it anymore. We’re too big a fish for such a small pond.

Yes i would leave scottish football for two reasons firstly we will never compete with The european elite and dont give me Europa cup final yes that was great as was 2008 but when you have teams in England paying tens of millions for players and cant generate more than 11 thousand fans Bournemouth Fulham spring to mind and Nottingham Forest who i like as a club by the way spending in excess of a 100million i think we need to leave .Secondly i hate every other club in Scotland except for Hearts and would gladly from a distance watch them all play in a backwater league fighting over scraps and see how many of there shitey fans would stay with them year after year as we have done for the past 10.God Save The Queen and all that .

Potentially.

It took AFC Wimbledon 5 promotions just to reach league football.

We’d have to live within our means but with our crowds we would still have more cash than the lower league English sides.

Scottish football is dire. Some seasons we play the likes of Kilmarnock 6 times if we draw them in the cups.

The constant childish bickering between supporters of opposing clubs has become tiring. I can’t be arsed with it anymore. We’re too big a fish for such a small pond.
I have to admit that I felt exactly the same as you after the game yesterday. One thing I have been thinking for some time is that it would be much healthier for us to be playing in a different league from the paedos. The court case regarding cross border leagues which is on the go at the moment could make things in football very interesting if the verdict goes in a particular way- I hope we, as a club, are monitoring it closely.

Whats the point of that? It would be EPL reserve teams at most...if they even bothered to go that far. And an utter embarrassment when our premier clubs get pumped by English league two sides.
Just as an alternative to the league cup, which if we are being honest, has lost some of its prestige in the modern game and it would be more interesting.

We already have English and Welsh clubs already compete in our challenge cup.

I’d much rather that than leave the Scottish leagues.

I have to admit that I felt exactly the same as you after the game yesterday. One thing I have been thinking for some time is that it would be much healthier for us to be playing in a different league from the paedos. The court case regarding cross border leagues which is on the go at the moment could make things in football very interesting if the verdict goes in a particular way- I hope we, as a club, are monitoring it closely.

Yeah that’s the thing though. If we got a move it would probably involve them too wouldn’t it?

A lot of English fans will say make us start from the very bottom. Some don't want us at all. Yet again same people who say we wouldn't cope in the championship

Go suss

The day that mob’s fans hired a private detective to follow a referee and their club publicly slaughtered them, things have got progressively worse for us when it comes to referees.

So yes, if the opportunity arose we should jump at it.

Last edited:
Just as an alternative to the league cup, which if we are being honest, has lost some of its prestige in the modern game and it would be more interesting.

We already have English and Welsh clubs already compete in our challenge cup.

I’d much rather that than leave the Scottish leagues.
I'd just play only our B team in our league cup. Including from the group stages to give them more experience.

We need to get out of this vile cesspit asap. We are demonised and cheated at every opportunity by the mhedia and so-called referees. We should file to quit the SPFL tomorrow we and apply to the English Conference League. What a journey that would be !

Back