Would you still be as loyal a supporter if The Gers played in an overseas league?

Rangers are my primary team but the Leafs are a close second. If the boot was on the other foot and I was in Ontario I’d have 10am starts for 3pm kickoffs but I’d still be watching the games live as much as possible.

This is the boat I'm in. God I miss games so much. At least we have hope for the Leafs and I'm really happy Ilya Mikheyev is 100% healthy.

This is not a 'let's leave the SPL', although I wish we could.

I was thinking about how myself and thousands of other overseas bears still follow the famous by getting up at ridiculous hours in the morning to watch some matches and then go out for a full days work.

Do you think that you, and other supporters you know, would still be as loyal if the Gers moved to another international league (not in Europe), where you couldn't go to live games and had to get up in the middle of the night to watch them?

I'm not suggesting that overseas bears are stauncher, but was interested in whether you thought your support would wane.
Yes. Even more so.

Yes if we moved overseas I’d still get up at all hours to watch our games live then just suffer the tiredness in work.

I couldn’t imagine not watching us live. Few years ago I was on a stag doo and we took off as our game kicked off. It was a long 3 hour flight not having a clue what our score was.

Thankfully we landed to a comfortable Rangers victory. Sure it was the Dundee Scottish cup game

I was thinking about how myself and thousands of other overseas bears still follow the famous by getting up at ridiculous hours in the morning to watch some matches and then go out for a full days work.

Do you think that you, and other supporters you know, would still be as loyal if the Gers moved to another international league (not in Europe), where you couldn't go to live games and had to get up in the middle of the night to watch them?

I'm not suggesting that overseas bears are stauncher, but was interested in whether you thought your support would wane.
Thousands of bears travel huge distances to Ibrox or aways for games in midweek, get home at 3 or 4 in the morning and then go out for a full days work. I think many would manage to set an alarm clock and watch the game on a laptop, tv etc for a couple of hours and then go to work as well.

Cool that you are not suggesting overseas telly viewers who get up in the middle of the night to watch are stauncher though :)

Lived abroad for a few years always made a pilgrimage home at least once a season to retain my unbroken physical attendence of at least one game a season over 30 year

Sorry OP but this comes across to me as a quest for staunch points and a bit disregarding of the lengths some fans go to to follow Rangers.

A lot of your audience here pay £0000s to follow the team far and wide each year, spending money that could probably buy them and their family an extra holiday each year. They do it out of love for the club and and a desire to see the team in the flesh. And you're essentially asking these people "If you couldn't devote a big part of your life and finances to follow the team, would you wake up at an awkward time of the day to turn on the TV?"

For me, the answer to that question is so obvious it doesn't really need to be asked.

I'm not having a go at you personally OP, I just wanted to say how your post came across to me and possibly others.

That wasn't my intention at all, but I guess I can see people take that perspective, especially on a forum where some people look to be offended.

Thousands of bears travel huge distances to Ibrox or aways for games in midweek, get home at 3 or 4 in the morning and then go out for a full days work. I think many would manage to set an alarm clock and watch the game on a laptop, tv etc for a couple of hours and then go to work as well.

Cool that you are not suggesting overseas telly viewers who get up in the middle of the night to watch are stauncher though :)

Have you got up in the 'middle of the night' to 'watch the telly' for over 12 years? It's not quite as easy as it sounds.

And to be clear, I am aware that other supporters in parts of the UK make huge efforts to follow the team.

Looking to be offended, where no offence was intended?

Absolutely 100% , 2 years notice couldn't come quick enough,given the shit of the past few months.
We have a global following and pulling power like no other club in the uk.
You’re not seriously saying that we have the most pulling power n the U.K. are you?

Really? You need to ask this?
No matter where they play, it's still my team

Loved being abroad and watching the Gers, asking if I could plug my laptop into the local boozers tele to watch home matches or getting them to put one tele to BT for me rather than Bein :))

Have you got up in the 'middle of the night' to 'watch the telly' for over 12 years? It's not quite as easy as it sounds.

And to be clear, I am aware that other supporters in parts of the UK make huge efforts to follow the team.

Looking to be offended, where no offence was intended?
Nope, unlike some obviously, not offended at all. I read your I am not staunch post and replied with a smiley. But I see you were serious because it is not as easy as it sounds. And 12 years even, fair play ;)

And I have got up in the middle of the night, or home in the middle of the night and juggled work shifts to be at Ibrox. Just to be clear :)

Yes. I now live in the Netherlands, so I now live in a different country to which my team plays, and I still love my team as much, if not more. So if we started playing in the English system or some sort of Atlantic/European/British superleague then my support would not waiver

If we played on the moon I would still be a loyal supporter.

Back