Would You Take Campbell + Cash for Jones?

Jones should be given another chance, lets not forget hes been injured and has shown flashes of what he is capable of. At the very least hes a good squad player to have at the moment.

I would wonder why the management team don't fancy him but if they don't then get shot of him, get in a boy that 1. They admire and 2. Believe he can do a job in the future.

We need to be thinking already about losing morelos and if this guy is half as good as Alfredo then losing Jones isn't as big a loss as it appears.

I wouldn't.

Campbell is probably out for at least 6 weeks if it's a hamstring injury, maybe even longer.

Then, he'll need at least a month to regain his fitness and longer to adapt to a higher intensity style of play and different league.

It'd be mid-April at least before we saw him having an impact. Too late unless we're still locked in a title race and in Europe, though we've had to go without Jones that whole time.

For the sake of £500k, we can have them both for next season from the summer. Much better for us.

Jones would've been signed as an opportunity player, someone with potential but possibly play a lot of games.

Signing Kent has surely made him a back up

Jones started off really well particularly against Midyjttland in the Euro away leg. The sending off and subsequent injury against the Bheasts seemed to make Gerrard lose a bit of trust in him. I don’t know much about the boy Campbell?

I'd keep Jones till end of season then make a decision. Management team had faith in him at start of season but would agree with others regarding barker he doesn't look up to it at rangers.

If Campbell was fit I'd be tempted. If he's injured for 6 weeks, nah

Step1, get him signed up for next season on a bosman.
Then start all your negotiations from there.
If that's not happened then any deal looks highly unlikely (if we even want him)

I know he's just picked up an injury but there are still benefits to bringing him in 6 months early, it would give him a chance to get used to the environment and form bonds with the other players.

I'm not writing Jones off completely but I think it's fairly impossible to disagree that he's a bit too one dimensional as a footballer.

If there is truth to the rumour that Stoke are highly interested in him, this is a bit of a no brainer for me. Thoughts?
For me this would be a good result for us, not over impressed with Jones

Jones is a direct backup to Kent. He’s ahead of Barker and Ojo in the pecking order. Campbell would be 3rd choice behind Defoe. So it’s a no from me.

i'm sure one is not dependant on the other. Campbell is out of contract in the summer, yes? So where he goes next will depend on him(and his agent).
I'd like to keep Jones, he has shown flashes. Legia delivery for Buff to take us to the groups.
Gerrard seems keen on Campbell, so I hope we get him. Would hate him to go to the scum and shine there.

Really don't see us signing a 3rd striker to sit in the stand.
There’s no doubt we need a third striker though.
As I’ve posted in other threads, I’d like this to be something different so that a place on the bench is a minimum and that we can change it a bit if things aren’t going to plan.
For example, well look at our game against Kilmarnock.

I'm just asking you to add substance to your point mate.

I'm not going to say that he can't improve but I am not seeing what you are
Is this not one where you could both be correct?
You’re right in that other teams’ tactics generally don’t suit a Jordan Jones type but the same could be said of Lovenkrands and Johanssen.
We use their attributes differs and effectively at other times.
We could do similar with Jones.

Is this not one where you could both be correct?
You’re right in that other teams’ tactics generally don’t suit a Jordan Jones type but the same could be said of Lovenkrands and Johanssen.
We use their attributes differs and effectively at other times.
We could do similar with Jones.
very good points tazza

I hope Jones get a chance but I get Lafferty vibes about his attitude from the way the media are saying teams are sniffing around and we aren't shutting the rumours down

Fair to say it's not worked out for Jones. I'm sure he still has lots to offer so be best for all concerned if he moves on somewhere else.

Would like to see how Jones turns out. Not been overly impressed so far other than a few fleeting glimpses but think he'll do well given a chance

Such scenario would more than likely involve a Jones + cash proposition for Campbell.

However, just a couple of points to consider:— the current Stoke manager, Michael O'Neil, having spent time with Jones and seen him in action for NI (against international opposition far superior in most cases to that which Jones would encounter in the SPL), is on record as being a big admirer of the player. Since JJ has been injured for the vast majority of the time he's been at Rangers he's had limited playing time, but in a number of those incidents when he did manage to feature he made game-changing contributions.

Campbell has scored four goals in 21 appearances in all competitions for Stoke this term - not exactly Morelos-like stats. Whist there appears to be interest in him from a few EPL clubs, I think Campbell must still be viewed as a 'project', and there is no guarantee that if he game north of the border that he'd live up to expectations.

Has Jones done something to spark all the talk of him going or is it just due to how he injured himself?

Thought he looked good up until that old firm yet every time his name’s been brought up recently it’s been to do with a potential move away.

Don't think Campbell is anywhere near good enough to play for us. Below average at best. Don't see him as a first team regular at all where as Jones has a chance of making the right hand side his.

Jones has the feeling of barasic all over again for me. Far too many quick to dismiss him and judging him when he isn't fit

No. Sign him for free in July. He wouldn’t get a minute playing time as Buff won’t be getting subbed unless 4-0 up.

I think Jones still has a part to play once back fit.

Very much doubt, we could get cash and Campbell for him, though.

Without having seen Campbell probably unfait to comment.

Had reasonably high hopes for Jones but been disappointed with suggestions that insuniate his attitude hasn't been great.

Jones hasn't proven anything thus far. Yes, he had a good game in Denmark, and his cross for Alfie v Legia was great, but domestically he hadn't exactly set the heather alight. @Necro is spot on with what he's saying about skillset. I had the same 'discussion' in one of the threads post-Stranraer where the excuse for him being utterly dire was he didn't have space to run into. Sorry, but outwith the beasts, every other team sets up like that. If we made tlthe final of both cups, we'd play the beasts a total of 7 times. That's only 15% of the total games domestically. If Jones can't do it against the so called Diddy teams then we don't need him.

If we can get Campbell now in a swap deal or whatever, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Not seen enough of either to be fair however would like him in the window as much as I love Defoe I think we need a striker in now as transition for losing Buffalo in the summer

Just googled him and an article about michael o'Neil wanting him to stay comes up. 20 years old and he's been offered a new contract. Potential sell on could be huge.

Been disappointed with Jones since he arrived. Granted he hasn’t played much, however think he has flattered to deceive when he has had an opportunity.

Still prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt however think he needs to start delivering quality performances very soon.

Back