Wullie Collum yesterday

Delboy Trotter

Thought he had a very good game.

I think the vast majority of Scottish refs would have given Edouard a penalty for the blatant dive.

I think Collum is one of the best refs we have. Sure he makes some mistakes like every ref, but for me Collum genuinely calls things as he sees them in big games.

He doesn’t let that lot influence him in old firm games.

Yesterday a good few of them threw themselves to the floor early doors (MacGregor and Laxalt) and he wasn’t having any of it.

Yesterday proves how massively influenced by the crowds he is. Thought he had a fairly decent game yesterday and i can’t remember ever thinking that.

Why does he need to be so facially dramatic when dealing with players.

I always want to reach through the TV and give him a slap.

Reminds me of the faces the wife pulls when she is disapproving of the many things I do wrong and I am meant to think oh my god I better rain it in cause she's doing dramatic face, stupid mare.

I've always thought Collum to be one of the better ones in a bad bunch. I know that doesn't say much and I have seen him make some ridiculously poor decisions but I wouldn't class him as an out and out cheat like Clancy and to a lesser extent some of the others.

I thought his worst decision yesterday was to not bin Edouard for a second dive.

It was a good (and correct) call regarding the penalty - and most of the other refs would've got it wrong.

Had parkhead had been full, there would've been a different outcome.
That’s the worry for me, the majority of refs in Scotland are definitely influenced by the antics of the hordes be it during the match itself and also in their daily lives if they incur the wrath of these rhabid c@nts who have been terrorising referees and their families for decades. Hopefully we’ll go up another level next season to counter act the added influence from the stands when they will have a full house frothing at the mouth for everything.

The problem with collum is what makes him a good referee is also what makes him a shocking referee. He has no fear to give big decisions, while sometimes he gets the big ones right there's plenty of times he makes a lady's front bottom of it.

Yesterdays penalty I would have been screaming for it, if that was Morelos who went down like that and Collum booked him i would be screaming you've only done that because its Morelos similar to what the mentally challengeds are doing now.

In the cold light of day its not a pen, its a great decision but how many times in the past have we seen Collum make a decision that is brave but its also an absolute shocker?

Referee's are on a hiding to nothing up here, yet we arent anywhere near ready to be entertaining VAR and rightly so.

It was quite an easy game to ref that will be completely different next season with crowds back.

You have to laugh though when people say the ref isnt important. Collum has been making these sort of calls in tims games for about 20 years they despise him because he does not do what other refs would do in that situation and just give them a penalty.

I also like the fact hes not out there to chat up and joke with the yahoos. or our players either, hes there to control and ref the match....some of our refs spend way too much time playing up for the camaras desperate to prove how tim friendly they are.

Willie collum has punished Celtic before with full crowds there so a don’t think it’s a valid excuse.

He’s not biased imo, just a very average ref like most these days.

Willie collum has punished Celtic before with full crowds there so a don’t think it’s a valid excuse.

If he's average the others are pish. He is head and shoulders above any other ref in Scotland. Others are blatantly biased any mistakes Collum makes are just that mistakes

I dont get this point about Collum being a bad referee either, hes been at the top of refereeing in Scotland for a hell of a long time and done plenty of important matches outside the country.

Could anyone name a better ref in Scotland over the years ? or England with all their tv money, even in europe we have seen a few duds.

You can pick out one or two shockers hes made but id guess thats same for every ref in world sport.

sounds like a job for @Edweird :)
This??
giphy.gif

I agree with this. But being average still makes him one of the best in Scotland as the standard is so low!

He certainly isn’t scared to make big calls, but is prone to a few howlers because of it.

I agree to an extent, don’t understand why Edouards second and more blatant dive wasn’t punished though.
Yeah, it was a decent display but it just shows you how bad we expect it to be given Alfie was booked for nowt, Christie given a pass again, Brown not booked until his sixth or seventh foul and Edouard not booked and sent off for his second dive .

As soon as he blew the whistle when fat eddy dived I thought...here we !@#$%☆¡ go!

Greegs was off his line screaming before the french flop even hit the ground

All you can ask is for the referee to make the call on what they have actually seen and not by guessing or by being influenced by the crowd. Collum did that yesterday but as another poster has stated, there was no crowd there yesterday so one of those important factors did not apply. By and large however I have always thought of Collum as one of the better and more 'honest' referees. Like everyone else there have been days when he has made mistakes which have cost us but I would rather have him refereeing our games than the majority of his colleagues.

Watched highlights of the game and I thought there was a handball by Welsh when their keeper kicked it out and it hit off welsh on the arm and rebounded back to their keeper, welsh went down as if he had been hit in stomach but no so sure if he went that way so ref never gave a penalty

WATP

It’s funny how bad refs are that his performance is considered good and shows how much Timmy narrative is now setting in amp heat our own.

missed a sending off
Booked Morelos for pretty much nothing
Fails to be even handed with bookings, brown allowed to continually foul.

Yes it is better than we’re used to but even with the Tims shouting otherwise he was a homer of a ref! Apparent from the second dive he maybe didn’t miss anything straight forward.

Booked Alfie for hehaw, should have booked Brown earlier and should have sent Edouard off for second dive. Apart from that I thought he had a good game and is Scotland’s best ref by miles.

He had a decent game.

Had he been consistent and sent Edouard off for his second dive, he would have had a very good game.

Worth remembering also that Collum gave us our first penalty at that shitehole in around 10 years IIRC (Broadfoot foul) back in 2010.

Don’t think we’ve had a penalty there since?

All you ask for with a referee is that he's fair and he gets the big decisions correct. Yesterday he did exactly that.

The Edouard penalty dive was a great decision and I guarantee most other refs would've bought the dive.

Collum makes mistakes and sometimes big ones. But he is fair and isn't at all scared of them like others. I've always thought he is the best we have in this country in that regard.

Thought Collum had a very good game can't remember any decision make me curse at him , id imagine he found it an easy game to referee

I think he is our best referee . It is a very hard job now with 500k experts watching everything five times. Would have been an easy decision to give them a penalty, even the Griffiths offside was tight. I think the Broadfoot penalty was the day I stopped believing the nonsense about refs, every one of them wants to get to the top. I honestly think they don't give two ***** about Rangers or Celtic.

Back