Wullie Collum yesterday

I think he is our best referee . It is a very hard job now with 500k experts watching everything five times. Would have been an easy decision to give them a penalty, even the Griffiths offside was tight. I think the Broadfoot penalty was the day I stopped believing the nonsense about refs, every one of them wants to get to the top. I honestly think they don't give two ***** about Rangers or Celtic.
I’ll be honest i thot it was a stonewall pen and had to look twice at the replay , we give them enough grief when they make a mistake so fair dos when he makes a really good call like that

that being said - I’m struggling to understand the rationale for eduaord still being on the park after his 2nd dive , if that had been Alfie then I think we all know the outcome would have been different

I think he is our best referee . It is a very hard job now with 500k experts watching everything five times. Would have been an easy decision to give them a penalty, even the Griffiths offside was tight. I think the Broadfoot penalty was the day I stopped believing the nonsense about refs, every one of them wants to get to the top. I honestly think they don't give two ***** about Rangers or Celtic.
Yep, would say he is still the top man. Just ahead of Bobby Madden though.

Great decision for the dive as to me it looked like it was a penalty. Let himself down a wee bit though by not showing him another yellow for the second dive. Interestingly, Beaton did exactly the same last week in the Ross County v Hibs game. Boyle dived when on a yellow, Beaton was looking right at it and just let play go on

I think the no crowd helps in that had barasic made contact there would have been some sound like clattering of boots, with a noisy crowd you wouldnt hear anything in an empty stadium you would

Why does he need to be so facially dramatic when dealing with players.

I always want to reach through the TV and give him a slap.

Reminds me of the faces the wife pulls when she is disapproving of the many things I do wrong and I am meant to think oh my god I better rain it in cause she's doing dramatic face, stupid mare.

Well strippers and coke are unacceptable by most women.

I’ll be honest i thot it was a stonewall pen and had to look twice at the replay , we give them enough grief when they make a mistake so fair dos when he makes a really good call like that

that being said - I’m struggling to understand the rationale for eduaord still being on the park after his 2nd dive , if that had been Alfie then I think we all know the outcome would have been different
I think on the second there is arms and legs all over the place, no chance of a penalty and no chance calling it a dive

I've always thought Collum to be one of the better ones in a bad bunch. I know that doesn't say much and I have seen him make some ridiculously poor decisions but I wouldn't class him as an out and out cheat like Clancy and to a lesser extent some of the others.

I thought his worst decision yesterday was to not bin Edouard for a second dive.
Agreed, however, sharks would have been flying etc. Not that that makes it alright :)

He had a decent game, but let’s face it, even if the game here had VAR we would question who was making the decisions.

Integrity is the key for all officials.

Wouldnt get carried away it was a deid rubber with no fans and he is about the only honest ref we have. He has a lot of experience/bottle which the other guys dont.

You say its about getting to the top id say its more about not upsetting the filth and thats what every other ref in Scotland has been doing for the last few years.

With fans back next season, Celtic putting a challenge in this time and playing with much more anger or passion, you will see a level a cheating by match officials which will have even ref supporters asking questions about their crazy behaviour.

I thought he let them away with too many fouls Brown must have had Hagi up in air about five or six times and seemed an age before he was booked, Christie constantly fouled as well.
Missed a clear second dive by Eduard which should have been a red.

Collum’s not as bent as some of them, but he shat it from the easiest yellow card in the game for Edouard’s second dive.

Alfie’s yellow, there was an almost identical challenge within minutes, can’t remember who was involved bit it was roles reversed, nothing given. If anything the one against us was worse faster paced more impact, the freekick was given but no card. Still thought he had a decent enough game.

Collum was slightly less pish than usual on Sunday.

That is probably the highest praise I have given a Scottish ref in the last 40 years. They have all been awful and continue to be so.

Back