Yet again another penalty shout went against us

It’s high time those making these calls have to explain them.

It’s absolutely not acceptable that such a blatantly bad call, with all the assistance of various camera angles, is allowed to come and go with no consequences to those making the call.

The paying public deserve better.

Last edited:
Also note no uproar about the feigning head injury leading up to our first goal. Hearts player went down and stayed there until no foul given and goal stood and then played on with no problems, referee did nothing.

I detest players pretending to have a head knock to gain an advantage.

Re. the shirt pulling particularly today when the guy had hold of Dessers...Would a well aimed swipe of the arm to hand thus dislodging said hand and allowing Cyriel to have a pop at goal be allowed?

If blown for a foul the referee is acknowledging that the defender had hold of the shirt which isn't allowed and should give a penalty to us.

Or am I talking bollox.
Sometimes with dessers is how he does down and then accepts it.

With Alfie he had his body right in there and if it wasn't given a fouls he kicked off........ even if went against him sometimes the refs then had to be more observer of the incident

We got more fouls because the refs didn't want the hassle

We are generally to nice as a team other teams bang are around the ref screening we meekly accept it

Sometimes with dessers is how he does down and then accepts it.

With Alfie he had his body right in there and if it wasn't given a fouls he kicked off........ even if went against him sometimes the refs then had to be more observer of the incident

We got more fouls because the refs didn't want the hassle

We are generally to nice as a team other teams bang are around the ref screening we meekly accept it
he's ran up to the ref in the last two games saying he's had his shirt pulled and again being pushed in the back, not sure what more you want him to do but blaming dessers for not getting the ref to give him penalties is a new one.

I get it. But maybe our centre forward should have been busting a gut to score. We should not be looking for a flat playing field when we know it doesn’t exist. Our centre forward should be running through a brick wall to get on the end of the cross. We need to be 20% better than our competitors to win games. Accept it and move on.

That's an absolutely baffling non-call

Considering some of the shirt pulling penalties that were dished out earlier in the season - they seem to have gone wildly into reverse with them now

That's a penalty, and realistically a red card too... I think that ball is easily winnable, and if the handball at St Mirren counted as DOGSO, then that does too
Don't know what's baffling about it, would have been more surprised to get it and certainly won't get one next week.

he's ran up to the ref in the last two games saying he's had his shirt pulled and again being pushed in the back, not sure what more you want him to do but blaming dessers for not getting the ref to give him penalties is a new one.
I don't mean it like that he runs up complains ref days no game moves on something similar happens runs up to ref complains game moves on.

With Alfie he didn't get it he screamed at ref and his next tackle was a foul then the potential for cards etc

Watch teams that play us every time we commit a foul the opposition players are around the ref

Watch on sat coming as mcgregor suits on Walsh and true to tell him what is a fouls or not and get away with

Where as we accept it we don't have anyone in the team that is nasty enough to be aggressive enough to do it

the pull for example didn't get next corner dessers pulls one off theres in the same way

If the ref gives a foul or card the club then has ammunition to say we'll you did this for one way and this for another

It's not about dessers same could be said for any of our players

It is an obvious penalty.
For some reason, shirt pulls aren't always given, not sure why this is. In this instance, it can lead to an attempt at goal so I would think it should be a pen.
Dessers was his usual self today, fine overall play but can't find the net. He has over 20 goals though so perhaps we can get our money back.

Awful decision again, they are trying to bring our anger down to apathy. These decisions are now to be expected and not questioned.

I don't mean it like that he runs up complains ref days no game moves on something similar happens runs up to ref complains game moves on.

Watch on sat coming as mcgregor suits on Walsh and true to tell him what is a fouls or not and get away with

the pull for example didn't get next corner dessers pulls one off theres in the same way

If the ref gives a foul or card the club then has ammunition to say we'll you did this for one way and this for another

It's not about dessers same could be said for any of our players

To be fair to clement he did address this after the game and said he hasn’t seen it back and asked the reporters what they thought “ they said penalty “ he said well that’s disappointing that he can see it from 50 feet away and it was missed on the monitor , he said he hopes var will be better next week
For technical reasons i had to watch the game on Hearts TV. Both the guys commentating for Hearts could not believe after the review it wasnt a pen. Thier comments were, well Hearts got away with one there.

To be fair to clement he did address this after the game and said he hasn’t seen it back and asked the reporters what they thought “ they said penalty “ he said well that’s disappointing that he can see it from 50 feet away and it was missed on the monitor , he said he hopes var will be better next week

That's the difference though,their media puppets would be shouting from the rooftops on every platform imaginable pressuring the referee all week

We just keep hoping it will get better when they have literally just promoted last referee we dared complain about

That's the difference though,their media puppets would be shouting from the rooftops on every platform imaginable pressuring the referee all week

We just keep hoping it will get better when they have literally just promoted last referee we dared complain about
I wonder what the fouls to card ratio is this Season involving them .

The ref will even cheat with tv replays when the league is over, amazing.

I wonder when a section of our support will work out that this is seen as strong refereeing by everyone involved. Easy to give it brave to blank it.

Play well next week and we will see some shameful refereeing.

Reactions: TNT
I get it. But maybe our centre forward should have been busting a gut to score. We should not be looking for a flat playing field when we know it doesn’t exist. Our centre forward should be running through a brick wall to get on the end of the cross. We need to be 20% better than our competitors to win games. Accept it and move on.
He's pulling his shirt the moment Dessers makes a move to score, its a penalty and no matter how angry folk are about our current players and form, IT IS A PENALTY

So our number 9 gets blatantly fouled in the box, a stonewall penalty isn't given, and you're having a go at Dessers for not getting to the ball?

Absurd.

They say stuff all the papes in the media are right on board, we say anything those same papes laugh it off, it's not surprising it works for them but not us.
I would agree with this. They’ve got a lot of their own in the right places in this country.
However, we are too silent as a club when it comes to almost everything, that needs called out.
How the club go should go about it, I’m not 100% sure.
But saying nothing is letting the culprits get away with it unchallenged, therefore it’ll continue.

He can't get to the ball, because he's being held back... not because he's not busting a gut to get there...

If you pull a players shirt outside the box and pull up it’s a foul and a good chance of a card,where has this rule came in that it doesn’t look like the player would have made contact with the ball.

So shirt pulls are ok in the penalty box as long as the attacking player looks like they wouldn’t make contact with the ball is this correct?
So it'll entirely depend - pull a shirt outside the box of a guy not in possession of the ball, and there's a 50/50 chance that it doesn't get pulled up.

The whole contact with the ball thing came in around VAR, and penalties - because it'd be frankly ludicrous to be giving penalties for shirt pulls at the front post, when the ball has sailed over to the back post.

It is, IMO, absolutely right that not every pull of the shirt is a foul.

The problem is, they went too far in one direction earlier in the season - and they've now countered it to going too far the other direction. It's one of the issues with midseason interpretation adjustments

I'm sure it'll be something that comes up in the close season, and I think ultimately it'll lead to the conclusion that Dessers should have got a penalty and that'll be the sort of thing that it'll get used for

The shirt pulling at corners - will probably be back to being ignored in the main

Shirt pulls have been largely ignored recently. Earlier in the season they was punished now they seem to be letting it go.
Unless it's the Tim's but that's the norm .

The club need to push for neutral officials on the field and in the VAR room, they could suggest sub conscious bias could be affecting judgement as we wouldn't dream of suggesting they and the hand picked officials are bent.

The evidence for the need of this is piled high on video clips and they could even quote McGregor moaning about European referees not favouring his team as they are used to.

These are the times our rangers minded pundits should be speaking out. You’ll bet your bottom dollar the Celtic ones will be gearing up to put pressure on Walsh. Happens time and time again.
I don't think we have any pundits that are respected, Boyd is seen as a joke because of how Sky use him/bollocks he gets involved with goat worrier, you aren't getting much from Barry or any of the others

Clement has to do this himself, he has to mention certain ref decisions we've had in games throughout the season in the presser and hoping for a "strong" one. Probably won't make too much difference but at least it's worth a shot

For technical reasons i had to watch the game on Hearts TV. Both the guys commentating for Hearts could not believe after the review it wasnt a pen. Thier comments were, well Hearts got away with one there.
I assume it was Jimmy Sandison and Laurie Dunsyre?

They are very fair. Much more balanced than Sky.

I don't think we have any pundits that are respected, Boyd is seen as a joke because of how Sky use him/bollocks he gets involved with goat worrier, you aren't getting much from Barry or any of the others

Clement has to do this himself, he has to mention certain ref decisions we've had in games throughout the season in the presser and hoping for a "strong" one. Probably won't make too much difference but at least it's worth a shot
He made reference to it at the end of yesterday’s presser.

McDermid just doesn't seem to give penalties and is totally reliant on VAR.

2 at McDiarmid Park to add to the list.

Sorry I should have clarified that,

Being “told” was a SFA directive to him.

Lead up to a Cup final, least amount of penalties conceded, instructions were clear, game means nothing first chance you have give a penalty against celtic, balance up the numbers.

He did actually give it himself in real time.

But going back to our game Robertson is quite happy to ignore everything the worrying thing is this was exactly the reason VAR was introduced. How David Dickinson can’t see that is beyond concerning.

The last independent review panel for var findings are going to be interesting. I hope they don’t get buried in the post season malaise.

At the very least, he’s got to get Robertson to review it. If asked, I’m sure he’d say something along the lines of he wasn’t getting to the ball. He was getting to it or was very close to getting to it. Certainly way too close for it to even be a factor. Because it’s an absolute stonewaller otherwise. Why did it not even go to review ?

When VAR first came in, that would have gone to review and a penalty awarded. But more and more it ain’t happening. They’ve got to the VAR process as well now. Realizing there’s sweet F.A that can be done about it. There’s no other explanation for it.

The silence from our club is defeaning and is why the blatant cheating of Clancy, Walsh, Robertson and co will continue. There’s absolutely no leadership at Rangers from top to bottom. Littered with shitebags in the boardroom as well as the dressing room.

The whole club needs a total mentality change

No seen any of yesterday’s game, but will check the incident out, around what time in the game did it happen?

The silence from our club is defeaning and is why the blatant cheating of Clancy, Walsh, Robertson and co will continue. There’s absolutely no leadership at Rangers from top to bottom. Littered with shitebags in the boardroom as well as the dressing room.

The whole club needs a total mentality change
Said it before and I’ll say it again, for our new CEO, see our old CEO. Bisgrove has been a huge disappointment for me. I thought he might have had a bit more about him than Robertson but it appears not.

About the fifteen minute mark I believe.
The Hearts Tv commentators said Dickinson highlighted the shirt pull to the ref and he ignored it. So blatant cheating. Time the board got lawyers involved and started giving statements. Some of the refs are cheats and we will never win the league with all these decisions going against us. Diamonde had his shirt pulled last week at a corner and in replay Corcker on sky tv he said “nothing to see here”. We need to start calling out publicly all these decisions. Every week you see online videos of us being shafted and them getting everything going.

Back