Young Boys facing injury crisis with six players set to miss Rangers Europa League clash

Craigie

YOUNG BOYS are facing an injury crisis ahead of their Europa League showdown with Rangers next week with six players set to miss out.

Gers are hoping to continue their fine start to the Group Stages campaign when they travel to Switzerland next week, after they defeated Feyenoord at home in the opening encounter.

But the Berne side have major problems ahead of the game after Ivory Coast international striker, Roger Assale, suffered a thigh knock that looks set to keep him out of the game next week.

And he has joined another five key players on the sidelined list, with the Swiss side down to the bare bones.

Manager Gerardo Seoane will also be without Guinea international defender Mohamed Ali Camara, Swiss midfielder Sandro Lauper, Luxembourg midfielder Christopher Martins and new signing this summer Marvin Spielmann.

But their biggest loss will be Serbian international star Miralem Sulejmani, with the former Benfica winger regarded as one of Young Boys' top performers.

And Rangers will face a depleted side next week, with the hosts looking to bounce back from their opening day 2-1 defeat at Porto.

Meanwhile, Eros Grezda could be on his way out of Ibrox.

The winger was told he won't represent the Gers again, but could leave with interest from Qatar.

We have a few injuries as well but have enough quality and depth in the squad to cope and hopefully take all three points.

Load of bollocks.

Rapid and Spartak were in crisis last year because of managerial changes.

Still got shafted away from home.

This is similar to all those teams who face a "Visa crisis" that is then miraculously resolved with plenty time to spare.

The predicted injury crisis headline from the Scottish Media.

It's almost as if they run out of things to write so they make more lies.

Unfortunately if they play a rookie goalkeeper he’ll have either have the game if his life or we’ll fail to test him

Its a headline used as a pre bash the rangers manager if we lose and try and unsettle the team usual mentally challenged behaviour

they say this so that if we do lose the game they can rip on us even more.

If we win though its because they had 6 players out.

Heard it all before
Similar to the filth having their squad decimated with injury on the eve of the old firm, be under no illusions a point regardless of their side will be MASSIVE

Miralem Sulejmani, him being out would be good news. I predict out of the players mentioned at least 4 of them make it. Usual.

Wee bit at the bottom about grezda hopefully happens.

Has anyone watched them play at home ? how does their plastic pitch play ?

I have only seen highlights of their games so not 100% sure, hopefully its similar to Ufa's

Has anyone watched them play at home ? how does their plastic pitch play ?

I have only seen highlights of their games so not 100% sure, hopefully its similar to Ufa's

Was just going to post that about their pitch. Whoever they select will be more than comfortable on it [than us] and I am never confident when we play on the plastic, and that is against the SPFL sides let alone a team with European pedigree. I will watch Thursday's game more in hope than expectation but really high quality astro might just ease my fears, if indeed it is high quality.

With Aribo, Kent, Jones and Flanagan you could almost write a similar article about us. Throw in Barker and make another up.

YOUNG BOYS are facing an injury crisis ahead of their Europa League showdown with Rangers next week with six players set to miss out.

Gers are hoping to continue their fine start to the Group Stages campaign when they travel to Switzerland next week, after they defeated Feyenoord at home in the opening encounter.

But the Berne side have major problems ahead of the game after Ivory Coast international striker, Roger Assale, suffered a thigh knock that looks set to keep him out of the game next week.

And he has joined another five key players on the sidelined list, with the Swiss side down to the bare bones.

Manager Gerardo Seoane will also be without Guinea international defender Mohamed Ali Camara, Swiss midfielder Sandro Lauper, Luxembourg midfielder Christopher Martins and new signing this summer Marvin Spielmann.

But their biggest loss will be Serbian international star Miralem Sulejmani, with the former Benfica winger regarded as one of Young Boys' top performers.

And Rangers will face a depleted side next week, with the hosts looking to bounce back from their opening day 2-1 defeat at Porto.

Meanwhile, Eros Grezda could be on his way out of Ibrox.

The winger was told he won't represent the Gers again, but could leave with interest from Qatar.
Heard all this pish before.

We still have to go through 90 mins against the sheep and hopefully avoid more injuries.

Usual pish. Regardless of who is in there team it should make no difference to our performance. 3 points Rangers that's all I ask.

Of course if we get an away win in Europe they would have to make sure it is devalued so they do that before the game starts.
Much of this goes back to how long Celtic went without an away win in any European competition.

Back