Young Boys Fans

Their coordinated pretty yellow scarves were wasted on the football as Gala bingo hall was a more apt place for them.
Good set of fans though

Saw them starting their corteo in the Merchant City about 5.15. Thought it was a riot - loads of cops at the front, then a solid wall of punters.

Never knew the land of cuckoo clocks and Toblerones could be so extreme!

Good support.

Ideally you're not getting folk throwing shit at our players but give me that over the mentally challengeds style of sucking up everyones arses any day.

What was the excessive segregation and stewarding all about? Didn't see a hint of bother and it must've cost us a fair bit of ticket money with it being sold out.

Was a bit of trouble at GF1 with trying to break through the police barrier and lobbing chairs etc into the crowd , hit a guy next to me in the face , giving the patter at the end of the game but as we were leaving 3/4 guys in GF 1 swapped scarfs with them and they started clapping , prime example of support then respect during a game, best away support I’ve seen at Ibrox

Good support numbers and thought it helped us. Because they were there in numbers ,our support responded to the challenge. I was worried that the atmosphere would be flat after the cup final but our support did well tonight. However I could have done without the tension of the last 20 min or so.

It must have been a rarity for the regulars to see a Rangers supporter in Denholms.

It's an utter shit hole, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSR
Was a bit of trouble at GF1 with trying to break through the police barrier and lobbing chairs etc into the crowd , hit a guy next to me in the face , giving the patter at the end of the game but as we were leaving 3/4 guys in GF 1 swapped scarfs with them and they started clapping , prime example of support then respect during a game, best away support I’ve seen at Ibrox

Fair enough I must've somehow missed that

Saw them starting their corteo in the Merchant City about 5.15. Thought it was a riot - loads of cops at the front, then a solid wall of punters.

Never knew the land of cuckoo clocks and Toblerones could be so extreme!
Presumably they view us as the land of haggis and plastic tartan gonks.

There was definitely an increased police presence formed around the away fans early in the first half - not too sure what set that off.

I was up in the CD beside the 'premium' away fans bit, and about the same time some Polis arrived and were a bit twitchy but I never seen anything untoward.

The chant they did a number of times (assuming it was BSC BSC BSC) sound like "PARKHEED'S WET. PARKHEED'S WET. PARKHEED'S WET"

Chucking chairs is a prime example of support?????? It’s a prime example of thuggery in my book.

I was above them and there was a scummy element in among them. They went tonto at our goal and started ripping up seats and chucking them. Also had a scuffle with the police as they tried to get to bears in the govan front. Punches were thrown and some plod had their batons our before reinforcements were brought in. Unbelievably I’d say there was more aggro from them than we’ve seen from other teams this season who’ve come with certain reputations.

Got talking to a good few on the subway after the game and they were all very complementary of us and Ibrox.

Plenty of them walking about town today looking a bit 'tired' :))
Was sat a rows from them in BF4 and the ones close to us seemed decent enough types but the twats close to the Govan looked like a bunch of fuds. Will anything come of the objects thrown at Borna ? - doubt it.
Anyway great night and the atmosphere for 10-15 mins after Alfie's goal was as good as I've seen for a long time.

The Young Boys fans were class, but by Christ the Police were getting smashed when fans in the bottom corner tried to break through the segregation, much like the Feyenoord supporters when they came here.

Back