Your Anfield hospitality experience

MFM_Bear

Official Ticketer
How did Bears rate the hospitality lounges yesterday?

We were in the Carlsberg Dugout. The lounge itself was well laid out and very smart, good sized bar and plenty of staff serving.

One of the food stall options was serving up haggis, neeps and tatties, presumably as nod to the visitors!

We'd heard beforehand that Nigel Spackman worked our particular lounge quite regularly, but ended up with Phil Neal and Terry McDermott

Decent seat in the Main Stand middle tier, overlooking the Rangers end.

Overpriced for what you get (drinks need to be paid for separately), but a pretty impressive set-up.

We were in the Carlsberg Dugout. The lounge itself was well laid out and very smart, good sized bar and plenty of staff serving.

One of the food stall options was serving up haggis, neeps and tatties, presumably as nod to the visitors!

We'd heard beforehand that Nigel Spackman worked our particular lounge quite regularly, but ended up with Phil Neal and Terry McDermott

Overpriced for what you get (drinks need to be paid for separately), but a pretty impressive set-up.
I thought they cancelled all the bookings from Rangers fans?

We booked hospitality with.
Offsite at Isla Gladstone in Stanley Park
3 course meal
Welcome drink
Free programme
Seats in Anfield Rd Upper
£135

Meal was nice , cash bar
Mark Wright (ex-Liverpool player) spent a bit of time talking to us at our table came across as decent guy.

Short walk to Anfield after.

Knew we were Rangers fans and sat us at table with other Rangers fans .
We even got a shout out " Big Welcome to our friends from Glasgow " :))
** Home fans only **

3 course meal
Welcome drink
Free programme
£135

Meal was nice , cash bar
Mark Wright (ex-Liverpool player) spent a bit of time talking to us at our table came across as decent guy.

** Home fans only *

£135 good value that

Boot Room hospitality.
Nice modern lounge. Designated waiter or waitress, brought all the drinks to the table. Some nice memorabilia on display.
30-40% Rangers fans by the sound of things. Food ok, not brilliant. Cash bar.
Free programme, welcome drink.

Way overpriced really, but happy to be there. Scottish people all around us in section 225 also.

Wasn’t in hospitality but the stadium itself inside and out was everything Ibrox should be.

Concourses kitted out with seats and areas to stand and have a drink and bite to eat.

Big screen outside with bars and food areas.

Fanzone type area for families.

Light years ahead on and off the park.
Yet off the park does not require £400 million so no excuses.

3 course meal
Welcome drink
Free programme
£135

Meal was nice , cash bar

** Home fans only **

Sounds like a bargain!

Reactions: SSR
Cancelled as well which turned out to be better as I bought a main stand ticket and managed plenty of beers from just after 6. The concourses at anfield are completely the opposite of what we have at Ibrox. Plenty serving quickly and the beer was only £3.30 a pint. There was a great choice of food too and not too badly priced for a football ground

Was in the beat lounge. Cracking seats right next to directors box. Bought it off ticombo for £225 and when I looked it on their website I got it cheaper than it would have been.

The lounge itself was really big but totally soulless. I’m maybe comparing it to club72 but if felt empty and as a result didn’t have any atmosphere. Didn’t show the 5.45 other champions league game which was a bit disappointing.

Had to buy all food and drink and it was fine and roughly what you would expect. Was slightly annoyed that when I went up to the lounge after the match for a pint I tried to use my free drink voucher but was told it could only be used pre match. Felt a bit harsh.

As all the lounges ran in to each other I ended up going in the wrong one at half time and ended up in the axa lounge. Was a tiny room and was like a private box. I realised my error straight away but I grabbed a beer and had some banter with some rangers fans who were in that lounge.

Overall s great experience. Would obviously be cost prohibitive but I’d love to for the govan stand to be renovated like their main stand

Was in the beat lounge. Cracking seats right next to directors box. Bought it off ticombo for £225 and when I looked it on their website I got it cheaper than it would have been.

The lounge itself was really big but totally soulless. I’m maybe comparing it to club72 but if felt empty and as a result didn’t have any atmosphere. Didn’t show the 5.45 other champions league game which was a bit disappointing.

Had to buy all food and drink and it was fine and roughly what you would expect. Was slightly annoyed that when I went up to the lounge after the match for a pint I tried to use my free drink voucher but was told it could only be used pre match. Felt a bit harsh.

As all the lounges ran in to each other I ended up going in the wrong one at half time and ended up in the axa lounge. Was a tiny room and was like a private box. I realised my error straight away but I grabbed a beer and had some banter with some rangers fans who were in that lounge.

Overall s great experience. Would obviously be cost prohibitive but I’d love to for the govan stand to be renovated like their main stand
We were in there too. Great seats and couldnt believe how much room there was compared to Bar 72 or anywhere at Ibrox. No hassle at all. Only complaint not enough toilets. Scouse girls who worked there were up for a laugh.

Did the tour of Anfield in the summer and their Main Stand was very impressive. As was the museum and the shop.

But the Main Stand is like a new build house that lacks the grandeur of an older, better built, made to last sandstone building.

So while Anfield is nice, it ain’t fecking Ibrox and never will it be.

Boot Room hospitality.
Nice modern lounge. Designated waiter or waitress, brought all the drinks to the table. Some nice memorabilia on display.
30-40% Rangers fans by the sound of things. Food ok, not brilliant. Cash bar.
Free programme, welcome drink.

Way overpriced really, but happy to be there. Scottish people all around us in section 225 also.
This for me too. You also got entrance to the nearby museum, which was of interest, and had loads of memorabilia within.
Came out of there and was a touch early, so the guy at the check in desk was taking names of folk before we were assigned a waiter.
At one point he joked, `There`s a lot of Scottish accents, is anyone from Liverpool here`? :))
Compere in the lounge gave a reminder that once inside the stadium, remember you`re in the home end, etc..
I stayed from 5 until 7pm, got to meet Ian Callaghan; and he signed a couple items for me, delighted with that.
It is overpriced, and slightly off topic; I was sat with a Liverpool fan who is doing this nine times out of the first ten games at a cost of 3k+ to build up his credits for 23/24, when he can then qualify to buy general admission tickets. The game he`s missing is Man City, where they`ve jacked the price up to £550, and he drew a line.
Sometimes he admitted, he doesn`t even do the meal, ``it`s just an (expensive) means to an end`` . It looked like a few behaved the same way, as we had three unoccupied places on our table of six.
Nice place for sure, but eye watering prices.

Did the tour of Anfield in the summer and their Main Stand was very impressive. As was the museum and the shop.

But the Main Stand is like a new build house that lacks the grandeur of an older, better built, made to last sandstone building.

aye the new main stand is usually where i get tickets from my membership when i go down , the facilities are fantastic, the concourses are large, airy and well staffed,the 6 escalators to take patrons to the top tier are a very welcome addition,where i feel it lets itself down is with the plain concrete walls in the stairwell/escalator areas, they have tried to disguise this by putting copies of old flags on the walls,this to me only serves to cheapen the look even more, 140 million i think they spent on that build and its just small things that let it down

We were off site in a lounge at Aintree, bought two tickets off a boy on Ticombo on Monday for £125 each including service fee (turns out he's a bluenose from N. Ireland.
Welcome drink on arrival, 3 course meal (food was decent), free programme and a cash bar. Steve McMahon said a few words in between rattling glasses of red Wine, he was as dull as dishwater.
Then Bussed to and from the stadium with tickets in Anfield Rd upper.
All in was a great experience, the only disappointing thing was the seats stuck in the corner. Tickets were showing as £300 face value.
The set up around Anfield was pretty impressive, the club shop, band playing on the trailer with the boy doing the keepy uppy's next to it. It's a bit like Man City's set up outside the ground.
We had absolutely no bother getting into the stadium or the lounge, i'd told my Dad to keep it low key as to not make it obvious we were Scottish but nobody cared.

Cancelled as well which turned out to be better as I bought a main stand ticket and managed plenty of beers from just after 6. The concourses at anfield are completely the opposite of what we have at Ibrox. Plenty serving quickly and the beer was only £3.30 a pint. There was a great choice of food too and not too badly priced for a football ground

Same here. Excellent pre match experience to be fair

In the Beautiful Game Lounge
Tickets obtained through a Liverpool Supporter who I’ve known for years whose company have a table for the season in the hospitality at Anfield ((I know some people will be interested)
I agree with OP about the standard of the facility and number of staff
In this lounge a sit down meal and free wine and beer/Guinness
Having enjoyed Ibrox hospitality previously without bias the standard of food/main course better at Ibrox imo (dry chicken breast with a bit of grizzled bacon on top served with spicy lentils
(Lentils the best bit.
Never saw any player acting as club ambassador though the amount of alcohol consumed pre match may have contributed ha ha
Given a gift package which consisted of a programme and a framed picture thing of Carragher
Fantastic view and padded seats very impressive just left of halfway line
Strangely 2 small fancy cakes at ht and a pie at ft
Tremendous experience overall

After reading all that I wonder if there is anything good about Rangers and Ibrox in particular? Money talks in my opinion and sadly we don’t have much of that despite what many on here seem to think. We play in a back water in one of the worst leagues in Europe and until things change,very unlikely,we are always going to look second class compared to Europes elite clubs with all the money in the world. Our stadium was neglected for well ove a decade catching up is going to be hard .

We were in 'The Sandon' which is the pub outside the ground (where liverpool were formed apparently). It was decent, food was good but it was a very relaxed atmosphere - most of them wearing liverpool tops and definately a feel of a tourist club as there was irish, danish and americans as well as a few of us. Jimmy Case spoke and he was quite interesting and signed programmes/posed for photos etc.

The pub was a bit tired and for me, the formals of hospitality gives it an extra dimension so it wouldn't want to do something similar at Rangers but it was fine for what it was and got us in the ground. Locals werent overly happy with us being in there but no bother.

Invite only lounge for us.

Fantastic food and drinks never ran out and all free.

Roy Evans spoke before and after and he seems a top old bloke

Seats on the 18 yard line half way up the lower section

a few Bears in there and Gordon Smith and James Bisgrove but couldnt be assed speaking with them.

3 course meal
Welcome drink
Free programme
£135

Meal was nice , cash bar

** Home fans only **
Same for us only £275 a head enjoyed it though plenty of bears,seat in Anfield rd end Mark Wright decent fella would’ve been interesting if we had scored loads of bears all around us and they all knew one of the Stewards said to me going in ‘I hope your going to behave’ just smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

Wasn’t in hospitality but the stadium itself inside and out was everything Ibrox should be.

Concourses kitted out with seats and areas to stand and have a drink and bite to eat.

Big screen outside with bars and food areas.

Fanzone type area for families.

Light years ahead on and off the park.
Yet off the park does not require £400 million so no excuses.

They've made the most of a historical tight spot, rather than leave and lose their soul. Hopefully the board noticed these things...

After reading all that I wonder if there is anything good about Rangers and Ibrox in particular? Money talks in my opinion and sadly we don’t have much of that despite what many on here seem to think. We play in a back water in one of the worst leagues in Europe and until things change,very unlikely,we are always going to look second class compared to Europes elite clubs with all the money in the world. Our stadium was neglected for well ove a decade catching up is going to be hard .
I was at the game and Anfield feels very much like Ibrox on the inside in terms of stands close to pitch, a bit more old school 4 stands design. Feels a lot smaller than Ibrox though despite it having a larger capacity.

I did the tour the next day and found it incredibly boring. I could have been standing in an office building such was the boringness of it all. Main stand concourses were great, spacious and well signed posted but apart from that - no soul, no heart and no history at all. Dressing room was modern but still felt soul less - done Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham and they all have these fancy wancy changing rooms done much better than Liverpool. The tunnel area and "This is Anfield" sign was basically just a door you walk out on the pitch.

To any Liverpool fans doing the Ibrox tour they will be in amazement at our Main Stand. The trophy room, the marble staircase, the hospitality suites... Ibrox is a genuine one off and we should be very proud to call it our home.

I was at the game and Anfield feels very much like Ibrox on the inside in terms of stands close to pitch, a bit more old school 4 stands design. Feels a lot smaller than Ibrox though despite it having a larger capacity.

I did the tour the next day and found it incredibly boring. I could have been standing in an office building such was the boringness of it all. Main stand concourses were great, spacious and well signed posted but apart from that - no soul, no heart and no history at all. Dressing room was modern but still felt soul less - done Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham and they all have these fancy wancy changing rooms done much better than Liverpool. The tunnel area and "This is Anfield" sign was basically just a door you walk out on the pitch.

To any Liverpool fans doing the Ibrox tour they will be in amazement at our Main Stand. The trophy room, the marble staircase, the hospitality suites... Ibrox is a genuine one off and we should be very proud to call it our home.
Good to hear something positive about our amazing stadium but of course the experts on FF know better

We were in the Carlsberg Dugout along with it felt half of Ibrox, Liverpool accents were the exception in the area we were. Got the tickets from a friend that has them for his company hospitality and overall a good experience.

Lad that was the steward joked about the number of Scots but was complimentary at fulltime about how well behaved we were in comparison to his usual punters :)

As others have said there are things we could learn from the overall match day experience however there was nothing of the sense of history you get at Ibrox. I would go back however if the opportunity arose.

Same for us only £275 a head enjoyed it though plenty of bears,seat in Anfield rd end Mark Wright decent fella would’ve been interesting if we had scored loads of bears all around us and they all knew one of the Stewards said to me going in ‘I hope your going to behave’ just smiled and shrugged my shoulders.
My Daughter In Law is a waitress in that boozer,im working away at the moment,or i would have been in enjoying the hospitality.

This for me too. You also got entrance to the nearby museum, which was of interest, and had loads of memorabilia within.
Came out of there and was a touch early, so the guy at the check in desk was taking names of folk before we were assigned a waiter.
At one point he joked, `There`s a lot of Scottish accents, is anyone from Liverpool here`? :))
Compere in the lounge gave a reminder that once inside the stadium, remember you`re in the home end, etc..
I stayed from 5 until 7pm, got to meet Ian Callaghan; and he signed a couple items for me, delighted with that.
It is overpriced, and slightly off topic; I was sat with a Liverpool fan who is doing this nine times out of the first ten games at a cost of 3k+ to build up his credits for 23/24, when he can then qualify to buy general admission tickets. The game he`s missing is Man City, where they`ve jacked the price up to £550, and he drew a line.
Sometimes he admitted, he doesn`t even do the meal, ``it`s just an (expensive) means to an end`` . It looked like a few behaved the same way, as we had three unoccupied places on our table of six.
Nice place for sure, but eye watering prices.
The three not taken up will be permanent corporate hospitality paid for but the ticket holders have decided not to travel for a midweek game.
I’ve got some guys I know who have permanent hospitality at Anfield that they don’t always use.
However, they were at the game on Tuesday and had already filled the guest slot!!!

Aintree hospitality was good, food very good, snaffled an extra programme for my mate, thought Steve McMahon was alright talking about how the team of his days were better than the current crop, in the stadium in the corner was a bit different, their fans grassing any away fans to stewards and one little prick even starting a fight with one then hiding behind others when the police came in and took the Scottish fella out. Came out of there in general feeling like I needed a good wash and might as well have spent the evening amongst Celtic fans. Odd, odd bunch.

No but it doesn't excuse the fact that Ibrox has had years of neglect and needs years of TLC and funding to bring it back up to scratch.

Aintree hospitality was good, food very good, snaffled an extra programme for my mate, thought Steve McMahon was alright talking about how the team of his days were better than the current crop, in the stadium in the corner was a bit different, their fans grassing any away fans to stewards and one little prick even starting a fight with one then hiding behind others when the police came in and took the Scottish fella out. Came out of there in general feeling like I needed a good wash and might as well have spent the evening amongst Celtic fans. Odd, odd bunch.
Yeah that debacle went on for a while, the young lad with the red top who was running back and forward to the steward to grass, in between goading the rangers boys was a total coward. Strangely enough I went to the toilet not longer after the police ejected the boys and I’m sure I seen one of them at the bottle bar on the concourse supping a beer

Yeah I get what you’re saying about their main stand. I’ve done the tour with both the old and new one and although the old stand was nowhere near big enough for them, you could feel the history with the old boot room etc.

The new anfield road end will just add to the soulless feel of the place I reckon.

Bollocks. I did the Goodison tour and it isn’t a patch on Ibrox.

Wouldn’t need a huge amount of money to sort the concourses out particularly the toilets. That would be a start.

Never been in hospitality at Ibrox so can’t comment on how we could improve in that area.

We were in there too. Great seats and couldnt believe how much room there was compared to Bar 72 or anywhere at Ibrox. No hassle at all. Only complaint not enough toilets. Scouse girls who worked there were up for a laugh.
I bet that's not all they were up for.

I had hospitality in the Paisley Suite then seats in Kenny Dalglish Upper.

The suite was quite small and compact, 3 bars, buffet food with a carving station, tea, coffee etc. Half time tea and coffee same at full time. No visit from ex player.

Seats were cracking, padded seat with good view 4 rows from the front.

Was it with the money I paid? No. And that’s nothing to do with the result

Said this before but one thing I’d like the club to look at is closing off the corners in the Main Stand similar to Anfield. Would probably be able to add some additional seats on there as well but would give the stadium that closed feel.

Said this before but one thing I’d like the club to look at is closing off the corners in the Main Stand similar to Anfield. Would probably be able to add some additional seats on there as well but would give the stadium that closed feel.
Pretty sure we would lose our Elite Stadia status if we did that.

Yeah that debacle went on for a while, the young lad with the red top who was running back and forward to the steward to grass, in between goading the rangers boys was a total coward. Strangely enough I went to the toilet not longer after the police ejected the boys and I’m sure I seen one of them at the bottle bar on the concourse supping a beer
He was a row in front of me the little prick, couple of blokes behind me seemed more interested in finding our fans than watching the game as well.

He was a row in front of me the little prick, couple of blokes behind me seemed more interested in finding our fans than watching the game as well.
2 guys next to me were singing Lizzie‘s in a box and kept calling Rangers Tory cùnts. It took a fair bit of self control for me not to banjo the prick closest to me. Thankfully they fùcked off at HT and were never seen again.

We were in 'The Sandon' which is the pub outside the ground (where liverpool were formed apparently). It was decent, food was good but it was a very relaxed atmosphere - most of them wearing liverpool tops and definately a feel of a tourist club as there was irish, danish and americans as well as a few of us. Jimmy Case spoke and he was quite interesting and signed programmes/posed for photos etc.

The pub was a bit tired and for me, the formals of hospitality gives it an extra dimension so it wouldn't want to do something similar at Rangers but it was fine for what it was and got us in the ground. Locals werent overly happy with us being in there but no bother.
We were in Sandon too; as you say - decent but nothing to write home about. Got us into the game and Jimmy Case was nice enough to my boy (kick them before they kick you was the short version of his advice).

Lucky to have been invited to the Chemistry lounge in main stand by a great mate. Him and his cousin have a table of 4 for the season, costs a fortune. I've been a couple of times before. Lounge is huge 400+I'd say. Food was just okay, 3 courses, cakes at half time. Free beer and wine. Tetley bitter was pretty crap. Steve Staunton did a bit of a Q and A and you got a gift and programme.
Concourse is fabulous, escalators up to lounge, staff smartly turned out, light years ahead of Ibrox, but that is due to TV and sponsorship money they generate I've been in dugout before as well.
Fabulous seats as oppsed to mine in main stand rear.
Pretty soulless as others have said, not a patch on the Ibrox Suite in that respect.

We were in Sandon too; as you say - decent but nothing to write home about. Got us into the game and Jimmy Case was nice enough to my boy (kick them before they kick you was the short version of his advice).
Was it you both that were wearing gers scarfs? I very much liked that level of hubris :cool:

Back