Your favourite member of Gerrard's backroom staff so far?

Gallant Few

Out of all the names revealed so far which is your personal favourite?

Don't get me wrong - I quite like the look of wee Beale, and I'm excited to see what Culshaw can offer, but for me there's only one winner.

Gary Mac - You can tell how vital his experience in management & knowledge of Scottish football will be already. And the fact he's good pals with Gerrard makes him the ideal man to have around IMO. Wont be afraid to tell him where he's going wrong, & will know how to make Gerrard tick. Add to that he's not the type of guy any of our players will want to mess with and we have a winner IMO.

Personally not inspired too much by Milsom, but we'll see. He just seems to be a bit too quiet for my liking.

After reading what Souness had to say I'd like to see Gerrard bring in someone with a good knowledge of current teams we face in the league, how they set up, their player traits, how they change throughout a game, etc.

I'd prefer if they were ready made than having to learn all of this. Maybe it can be someone to go into an analytics role. From watching the documentaries of Gerrard in Melwood he understands the need for an analytics department.

Souness had Walter who did this as an assistant. But days have moved on and an analytics or scouting role might be more suited. Bobby Robson used Mourinho for analytics and scouting, not just translating. Mourinho, then had AVB do it and Rui Ferreira.

I'd like to see Gerrard have someone like this in his dugout. Either the person with the local knowledge or the person they report to.

After reading what Souness had to say I'd like to see Gerrard bring in someone with a good knowledge of current teams we face in the league, how they set up, their player traits, how they change throughout a game, etc.

I'd prefer if they were ready made than having to learn all of this. Maybe it can be someone to go into an analytics role. From watching the documentaries of Gerrard in Melwood he understands the need for an analytics department.

Souness had Walter who did this as an assistant. But days have moved on and an analytics or scouting role might be more suited. Bobby Robson used Mourinho for analytics and scouting, not just translating. Mourinho, then had AVB do it and Rui Ferreira.

I'd like to see Gerrard have someone like this in his dugout. Either the person with the local knowledge or the person they report to.
Could we potentially see Kevin Thomson having more of a prominent role?

I saw him saying he had a meeting organised with Stevie G and is hoping to work closely with him and learn from him.

He certainly fits the bill in terms of how well he knows the league and the other players around it.

Beale. He's very very highly rated if he can get our squad to peak fighting fitness we won't throw games in the last half hour like the 2-3 at Ibrox the bheasts style of play isn't anything special it's just carried out by good players that are extremely fit

Far too early to pick favourites - we need to know something about them and see how they perform before we go down that road.

I love that Gary Mac is part of the team. He is a friend of a family member since his Coventry days, they were introduced to each other solely due to the fact they were both Rangers men, they became good friends and are still in contact occasionally. I’m told he can talk about Rangers for hours on end.
He will be absolutely delighted and will be raring to go.

You know what, wee Milsom is starting to grow on me so far. Been impressed.

I take back what I said about him in the OP.

Back