Your team for sat

Two up front in a 442 will throw them but he won’t change it will be the same set up every game unfortunately and we will probably lose

If it were me, I would revert to a similar system we played well under Gerrard. A Midfield 3 with 2 narrow No.10s behind the CF.
My team of which I would demand blood and thunder this time;

Butland

Tavernier
Balogun
Souttar
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Diomande
Sterling

Lawrence (Inside Left)
Cantwell (Inside Right)

Dessers

Butland

Davies Balogun Souttar

Tavernier ------- ---------------------- Ridvan

Diomande Lundstram

Cantwell (Lawrence)

------ Dessers (Silva)
Sima (Matondo)

OR

Butland

Davies Balogun Souttar

Lundstram

Tavernier -------- Diomande -------- Ridvan

Cantwell (Lawrence)

----- Dessers (Silva)
Sima (Matondo)
Probably controversial but feel Dessers could bring out the big carthorse out of position and use pace to get in behind them.

3 defenders at the back as well as Tavernier and Ridvan getting up and down to cover the wide areas and Lundstram covering the deeper midfield position with Diomande sweeping up and Cantwell free reign.

I know these formations wont happen but feel we are too predictable for them at times and we do have pace trouble them.

Two up front in a 442 will throw them but he won’t change it will be the same set up every game unfortunately and we will probably lose
Which is probably true. So why are 90% of people on here predicting a new formation. Happens every team prediction time. Need to realise that Clement has the same formation and doesn't change it.

I would rather a basic 442 aswell.

Can’t believe the amount picking mccausland, he is the last thing we need from the start. I’d like Sterling in midfield but can see him staying wide right to help Tav.

As most have said, a flat midfield 3 of Sterling lundstram and Diomande would be by choice.

I’d have Cantwell and sima wide if available.

GK - Butland
RB - Tav
CB - Souttar
CB - Davies
LB - Yilmaz
CDM - Lundstram
CM - Sterling
CM - Diomande
RW - Sima (If fit)
LW - Cantwell
ST - Dessers

I'd be tempted to start Silva but after the last game, he's not getting any decisions going in his favour this weekend imo.

Sterling on RW to help Tav and his fear of Maeda is also an option.

We just need to keep the game as tight as possible to start with and build from there. They will start fast and try and have a go to get an early goal.

Butland

Tavernier
Balogun
Souttar
Ridvan

Sterling
Lundstram
Diomande

Cantwell
Sima

Dessers

You pack that midfield since we constantly get overrun in there against them just now which is bonkers considering their midfield aren’t exactly gifted with speed. Sterling also drifts out and helps Tavernier the way Ryan Jack used to and you’ve also got Balogun on the cover since Maeda running like a headless chicken actually seems to set the tone for them and is a huge part of their whole tactic against us.

If you show Maeda up for the poor footballer he actually is and get control in midfield then you’ve a chance of beating that Celtic side because their defence will give us a good amount of chances. It’s all about whether we take them.

Butland

Tavernier Souttar Davies (assuming Balogun is out) Yilmaz

Lundstram Raskin

Sterling Diomande Cantwell

Dessers

I'm changing my mind pretty regularly on how I think we should line up, and if you asked me tomorrow i'd probably give you something different but the above is where my thinking is at right now.

I think Cantwell is lost at times in the 10 role, especially against that lot, and with Diomande plus the two behind they'd be less likely to be able to play through us down the middle.

Would like to see Sterling in the middle, but i just don't think we have a capable alternative to him on the right. There's nobody better for us at winning the ball high up the park than Sterling, so i think he could get some joy down their left hand side.

Cantwell i've said out on the left. Bit of a risky one, would be relying on him to be quite disciplined tactically and positionally. Silva is the other option, i'm probably 50/50 on who i'd go for. Silva might be on a high after his goal at the weekend, and it was one of his better all round performances compared to recent weeks.

I've seen updates saying Sima and Matondo are training though i'd be stunned if they were fit enough to go straight in.

Whatever team Clement goes for, a lot of it is going to come to mentality and belief as much as anything else. Not losing stupid goals from the opposition's first attack of the game would be ideal as well.

Butland
Tavernier
Souttar
Balogun
Yilmaz
Lundstram
Sterling
Diamonde
Lawrence
Dessers
McCausland

Sima in if fit and hopefully Balogun is too

Butland

Tavernier Souttar Davies (assuming Balogun is out) Yilmaz

Lundstram Raskin

Sterling Diomande Cantwell

Dessers

I'm changing my mind pretty regularly on how I think we should line up, and if you asked me tomorrow i'd probably give you something different but the above is where my thinking is at right now.

I think Cantwell is lost at times in the 10 role, especially against that lot, and with Diomande plus the two behind they'd be less likely to be able to play through us down the middle.

Would like to see Sterling in the middle, but i just don't think we have a capable alternative to him on the right. There's nobody better for us at winning the ball high up the park than Sterling, so i think he could get some joy down their left hand side.

Cantwell i've said out on the left. Bit of a risky one, would be relying on him to be quite disciplined tactically and positionally. Silva is the other option, i'm probably 50/50 on who i'd go for. Silva might be on a high after his goal at the weekend, and it was one of his better all round performances compared to recent weeks.

I've seen updates saying Sima and Matondo are training though i'd be stunned if they were fit enough to go straight in.

Whatever team Clement goes for, a lot of it is going to come to mentality and belief as much as anything else. Not losing stupid goals from the opposition's first attack of the game would be ideal as well.
I think your lineup works better with Lawrence instead of Cantwell. Much more disciplined defensively and more likely to strike from range. Could also double up on Cantwell/Lawrence and drop Diomande back at the expense of Raskin.

Butland

Sterling Souter. Balagun yilmaz

Tavernier lundstrum Diomande. Sima or silva

Dessers. Roofe

In 442 formation
Butland

Sterling
Davies
Soutar
Ridvan

McCausland
Diamonde
Lundstram
Lawrence

Dessers
Silva

If it were me, I would revert to a similar system we played well under Gerrard. A Midfield 3 with 2 narrow No.10s behind the CF.

Butland

Tavernier
Balogun
Souttar
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Diomande
Sterling

Lawrence (Inside Left)
Cantwell (Inside Right)

Dessers
Actually quite like that

Butland

Tav Balogun Souttar Yilmaz

Sterling Lundstram Diomande

Cantwell Dessers Sima

4-3-3 attacking and 4-5-1 in defence. Same set up to Gerrard's 2-1 win there in 2019 with every player putting in a defensive shift when we don't have the ball.
Maybe Davies for souttar but that to me is the team that can win.

Butland

Tavernier
Balogun
Souttar
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Diomande
Sterling

Lawrence (Inside Left)
Cantwell (Inside Right)

Dessers

If Sima isn’t fit then this would do for me I really don’t think it’s a good idea starting Ross,Silva or Wright away to them.

Largely dependent on who is actually fit.

However, Regardless of who is fit, Sterling has to be in the midfield.

Thought wee Ross looked bright when he came on against Killie, would probably start him tbh

Assuming Sima and Matondo are not fit enough to start:

Butland
Tav Soutar Davies Yilmaz
Sterling Lundstram
Diomande
McCausland Dessers Cantwell

If we must stick with 4-2-3-1 then I’d go:

Butland
Tavernier Balogun Souttar Ridvan
Sterling Lundstram
Cantwell Diomande Sima
Dessers

Ideally, we’d change formation and go 4-3-3 to be more solid in the middle and try dominate the midfield.

Butland
Tavernier Balogun Souttar Ridvan
Sterling Lundstram Diomande
Cantwell Sima
Dessers

If Sima doesn’t make it then I’d play Matondo. If Matondo also doesn’t make it then I’d have McCausland on the right and Cantwell on the left. It’s also tempting to drop Cantwell and play Sima and Matondo but at least 1 of them won’t make it.

Butland

Tav
Balogun
Souttar
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Diomande

Sterling
Cantwell
Matondo

Dessers

1-3 job done
Is it crazy for me to say I like this team but would swap Tav and Sterling around. Tav in midfield could be devastating to them

Butland
Tav Souttar Davies Ridvan
Sterling Lundstram
McAusland Diomande Lawrence*
Roofe

* assuming neither Sima or Matondo are fit

We’ve went lightweight too many times there, going with McCausland would be a big mistake.

We need to go man for man as physical as we can, no room for lightweights on Saturday

Which is probably true. So why are 90% of people on here predicting a new formation. Happens every team prediction time. Need to realise that Clement has the same formation and doesn't change it.

I would rather a basic 442 aswell.
The OP asked for our team, not Clements.

Back