Your Team V Hearts

If Windass does his job then we won’t be overrun, it’s that simple. He just has to not be a passenger defensively.

If Alves plays do you give him the armband ?

Murty has already had him ahead of Tav as captain before (Celtic game) but Tav has done a great job last couple games

Tough call

Choice is at CH Bates or Alves.
The same team as last week apart from that, do we risk the change with Alves returning and may not be match sharp?
Think i would go with Bates.

We can’t start the same team that was over run first half v the spoon burners

It's a tough one for Murty.

Defence - I'd keep the same back four simply because Bruno hasn't played in weeks but Martin really needs to show us why Murty brought him here and step up for us. He's been less than impressive in all honesty and another performance like last week and Bruno would be in next week IMO

Midfield/Attack - I don't envy Murty's position here at all. I think we need three in the middle of the park at all time but then you lose a winger to accomodate Windass yaddayaddayadda. I think the only change will be Holt for Doc but Windass for all his good work going forward needs to put in a shift in as well to help out the pair of them.

To be honest mate Martin has been far from convincing looks a yard of the pace to me if the big mans fit I would put him in.

Got to agree. Martin has been poor but a big game for Bruno to come straight in for after such absence?

fukin scarey

We are now actually struggling to find a starting 11

Two months ago team picked its self and no threat from the subs

Things are looking good

It's a tough one for Murty.

Defence - I'd keep the same back four simply because Bruno hasn't played in weeks but Martin really needs to show us why Murty brought him here and step up for us. He's been less than impressive in all honesty and another performance like last week and Bruno would be in next week IMO

Midfield/Attack - I don't envy Murty's position here at all. I think we need three in the middle of the park at all time but then you lose a winger to accomodate Windass yaddayaddayadda. I think the only change will be Holt for Doc but Windass for all his good work going forward needs to put in a shift in as well to help out the pair of them.

Agreed.

Murty has some big calls to make today and V Bheast FC.

If Windass is playing the 'Number 10' role (and scoring), I don't think he can be expected to do much defending which we may get away with today but not against Celtic.

We cannot afford to allow Celtic to dominate in midfield again. Drop Murphy or Windass and play Docherty in a three?

Agreed.

Murty has some big calls to make today and V Bheast FC.

If Windass is playing the 'Number 10' role (and scoring), I don't think he can be expected to do much defending which we may get away with today but not against Celtic.

We cannot afford to allow Celtic to dominate in midfield again. Drop Murphy or Windass and play Docherty in a three?

Murphy right now is undroppable IMO. Then again Windass is piling in the goals recently but has yet (IMO) to do it when it matters at Ibrox against anyone never mind the harder teams.

As daft as it sounds, I don't think Windass for all his recent form is good enough or consistent enough yet for Murty to build the team around him.

Murphy right now is undroppable IMO. Then again Windass is piling in the goals recently but has yet (IMO) to do it when it matters at Ibrox against anyone never mind the harder teams.

As daft as it sounds, I don't think Windass for all his recent form is good enough or consistent enough yet for Murty to build the team around him.

You'd drop Windass and bring in Docherty v the Bheasts?

I agree, Murphy has to play.

I think the only change will be Holt for Docherty.

My worry, like most others, is that we'll be a bit light in the middle.

I don't expect this will happen (or be popular here) but I'd be tempted to bench Murphy to accommodate Docherty Holt and Goss.

Morelos picks himself.

I'd play Candeias right purely because the stats tell us he's the most creative player in the league. And I'd play Windass left to start with - we know its far from his best position, but we can't leave him out in the form he's in.

Could just as easily make a case for Candeias being the guy to miss out and playing Murphy.

We need to sharpen up. Will pretty much be the team that flopped badly against Hibs and Levein will have them out to exploit the same old weaknesses we had that day.

I think the only change will be Holt for Docherty.

My worry, like most others, is that we'll be a bit light in the middle.

I don't expect this will happen (or be popular here) but I'd be tempted to bench Murphy to accommodate Docherty Holt and Goss.

Morelos picks himself.

I'd play Candeias right purely because the stats tell us he's the most creative player in the league. And I'd play Windass left to start with - we know its far from his best position, but we can't leave him out in the form he's in.

Could just as easily make a case for Candeias being the guy to miss out and playing Murphy.

Candeias' work on the right with Tav (plus his stats) mean he has to play imo.

It's Murphy or Windass or Docherty.

You'd drop Windass and bring in Docherty v the Bheasts?

I agree, Murphy has to play.

Honestly ? I probably would. Candeias will be needed to help Tav against the Bhoy Wonder and Sinclair

Murphy against Lustig could be interesting. Very interesting.

It's a bastard of a decision for the manager though.

Wes
Tav Bates Alves John
Goss
Holt Docherty Murphy
Morelos Windass

Last edited:
If its 4-2-3-1 again we're limited with players available for the 2 positions can't see us changing the starting 3-1 or the 4.

Everyone coming back and coming on as subs will be needed in the run in as we dig deep and leave a foot in here and there.

Holt in for Docherty is what i expect.

But i'd be happy if the line up didnt change from last week v Hamilton.

Fancy Cummings to come off the bench and score today.

I'm torn between starting candeias to see if we can get at them early or starting holt instead for a stable midfield.

I think a lot depends on fitness and stamina today, who can keep their legs the longest?

Hertz are going to sit back then try to counter,it's what they've done for a while now.The team picked has to be able to defeat that so I'm not sure what Murty should do-I agree with SDF it's a tough call today's game.

And we badly need to start delivering at home,so the pressure's on.

A brave but quite possibly mad decision would be sticking Halliday in at LB.

It actually worked well at Partick keeping the ball a bit deeper invited them on to us and stiffened up the midfield a bit.

Back