Zander Clark

What’s happened to this guy? Still seems to be without a club after leaving St Johnstone at the end of the season.
Know he was linked to a few clubs earlier on including Dundee United. They sure could have used him past few weeks but obviously didn’t come up with the cash.
Just curious as to what’s going on with him. Decent keeper. Surely someone like him can’t afford to be out of the game for long before he’s completely forgotten.
Gerrard rated him and was lined up to sign a bosman type free . He left Gio came in and our interest ended there. Had Gerrard been about he’d move been with us by now .
Anyway I believe he’s been asking unrealistic money to potential new clubs and that’s the current state of affairs.

After Sunday I would have thought Dundee United would have given him a blank cheque and told him to write the amount he wanted on it.

You make the schoolboy error of supposing they'd be annoyed at Sunday's scoreline, rather than the keeper following instructions (allegedly m'lud). Therefore, wouldnae have mattered who the keeper was.

He’s a decent SPL level keeper.

Difficult for a keeper to still be free as it is a position most clubs will have sorted early in the summer. I could see Dundee Utd being desperate enough to come back in for him after the way they’ve been shipping goals recently

Going to be honest and here and admit I thought that surely there can't be two guys actually called Zander and initially thought he was the shitey Aberdeen guy...

I wonder if any other posters who were right in with the comments thought the same :))
Dominik Diamonds brother

He's a good goalie. Not good enough for us but above average SPL level in my opinion. Dundee United could definitely use him.

Gerrard rated him and was lined up to sign a bosman type free . He left Gio came in and our interest ended there. Had Gerrard been about he’d move been with us by now .
Anyway I believe he’s been asking unrealistic money to potential new clubs and that’s the current state of affairs.

I understand the first section of the above to be 100% true.

Some folk too harsh on the lad. Big bluenose as far as I’m aware, he’s married to a lassie from my year at school.

He’s definitely Scottish Premiership level but no higher than a Hearts etc.

Judging from his social media he's doing individual training with a GK coach atm. Surprised he's not got a team lined up given the season's already started.

I’m surprised anyone from hearts downwards in the league haven’t looked to sign him. Dundee Utd still look like they could be doing with adding a gk, every gk they have seems terrible.

There's a difference between being without a club by choice - and not having any offers. Patience is a virtue in these things.

He is a good SPFL level keeper, surprised he has not got a better contract than what was being offered at St Johnstone. Must be holding out for something down South

The notion on here that Duncan is a Celtic fan is one of the more hilarious FF takes.

He was one of the best at winding them up during the 55 season, then as soon as they get a wee bit of success hes a 'Rangers hater' :))
55 was actually when it became clear how bad he was. His takes on the Dubai debacle couldn’t have been anymore pro Celtic if he were actually employed by them

I love how you knew Gerrards signings for the Summer were already lined up in October last year hmmm

It was possibly yourself on here who said Hibs had talked to him at the turn of the year and he was looking for mental wages.

Will go to the English Championship - end up being the Scotland #1 when Gordon retires & we will look back and say what might have been if we'd took a chance rather than re-sign a 40 year old AMcG.

Just imo of course :)

It was possibly yourself on here who said Hibs had talked to him at the turn of the year and he was looking for mental wages.
It wasn’t actually, if you spend a wee bit time researching your claim you’d know that . But it does tie in with what I had heard . Take it or leave it. Not fussed either way .

I love how you knew Gerrards signings for the Summer were already lined up in October last year hmmm
It was lined up and He was to sign a pre contract in the winter window , but as we know Gerrard left in October. The ground work was done . Just contributing to the thread as to what I know . I’ll leave it at that .

It wasn’t actually, if you spend a wee bit time researching your claim you’d know that . But it does tie in with what I had heard . Take it or leave it. Not fussed either way .

I was only asking you a question mate recalling something I’d read on here, what in my tone made you think I was having a go?

Almost getting relegated with st Johnstone, conceding 7 goals against the scum in 1 game, is that a good enough assessment?
One nightmare game and playing behind a poor defence does not make him a bad keeper. I could point to a couple of matches where he was a a hero - that doesn’t make him brilliant either.

Back