Zungu

Big Vern

Anyone else think he's here next season?

Given he's back on the bench and being trusted to come on to help see out games, when he could easily have been bombed out completely.

He was also right in about the celebrations after the goal, no hint of being an outcast among the players despite his mistake. The other players involved have been here longer so more likely to be welcomed back into the fold.

If Jack was fit he wouldnt have came on at all. Whatever other midfielder was on the bench would have came on imo.

Hard to tell his chances of staying next season but id imagine its slim.

He'll be away imo.
I don't think he's shite but he simply doesn't offer us anything we don't already have in spades

The agreed fee is said to be £2.7m if we want him.

No way does that represent value for us

Regardless of his feck up I don't think he would be worth the transfer fee from what he has displayed so far on the pitch, to be fair he has hardly had a run to prove himself due to who he has in front of him but I just don't see the value in forking out a few million for him as things stand.

Noticed he was right in about the goal celebration as well.

Hope we don't sign him, just on what he has shown so far. Don't think he offers much.

I feel confident in saying he won't be here next season. Don't think he is a bad player i just reckon there is more out there for a similar or lesser fee.

Depends if Wilson and Gerrard can find better for £2m and the alternative can hit the ground running and not require a prolonged bedding in period.

I wouldn't rule it out completely.

The midfield area will get a lot of focus from Gerrard in the close season.

With Jack's injury reliability and Davis and Arfield not getting any younger there are going to be changes in there. And Kamara may get sold for big bucks.

'May' keep Zungu, as someone who is familiar with the set up and can slot in and hit the ground running etc.

But what do I know :D

No chance for the money they are wanting for him.
Is he better than Lundstrum etc who we’ve linked with?
Only reason he’s back in just now is that we have zero cover in there.

Probably not but Gerrard obviously rates him reasonably highly. He’s not come on in dead rubber games, quite the opposite. Gerrard trusts him to perform at big points in big games.

Also probably unfortunate that he’s behind the likes of Davis and Kamara and so can’t get a decent run in the team.

No from me also, if that is the agreed fee for him then it is a hell of a lot of money for someone who only ever seems to come of the bench for about 15 minutes at the end to see out the game when we're winning. Personally I don't think he's done anything spectacular when he's played anyway to justify him staying

Not for me because of cost
But I'd definitely have him as a squad player for a tiny fee
However also wouldn't be overly bothered if we dont

I hope we dont see him again after tonight never mind next season.

His past career was dubious, where he was playing wasnt convincing plus he doesnt look very good. Thats a few times now with Coulibaly, King and Zungu we've wasted money on pointless loan signings.

Back