Match Thread Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

I’m normally of the view that the refs are just shite, but the consistency of Dickenson’s performance today has been remarkable if it’s just incompetence.

He is terrible, he gets the drop balls right, by the laws, but the timing of his whistle is very suspect indeed.

Strange game.

At times we played some nice stuff but a lot of it played at too slow a pace. I guess that’s what you get on the first game back after a few weeks out.

Got some time in the legs of a few players. Hopefully we go up a gear or two next week.

Dessers MOTM for me.

A shocker mate. I would also like to see the official VAR image for Wright's supposed encroachment. Bashiri is in the box before & ahead of him.
I don’t think Bashiri’s foot is in the box ahead of him, but there are at least 3 Hibs players encroaching on the D; one of them so far in he’s about to plant his rear foot never mind just his front one.

He is terrible, he gets the drop balls right, by the laws, but the timing of his whistle is very suspect indeed.
The one in the first half when he stopped the game as the ball was about a foot from the sideline on its way out was bad; but letting Lawrence dribble into the box and THEN blowing so that he could drop the ball to the Hibs keeper was a fucking disgrace. No other way to see it than that he waited deliberately.

I despair at the quality of refereeing in Scotland. That ref was a disgrace. Something has to be done to improve standards. Clueless and incompetent that clown today.

Reactions: TNT
This is why I don't understand the "I'll take a crappy 1-0 every game" attitude

We can't rely on the refs to do their jobs. Even 2-0 is no guarantee for us

I don’t think Bashiri’s foot is in the box ahead of him, but there are at least 3 Hibs players encroaching on the D; one of them so far in he’s about to plant his rear foot never mind just his front one.
I think it looks like his foot on the still that was shown on RTV?

I have said many times that the club should say something when the referee has been poor. We never do. But this guy today was the worst ever. And that is saying something with the performances we have had from Clancy, Collum, Walsh etc. Time to stand up and be counted Rangers.

I say it every week, because it's true, not me being some sort of Seer.

That refereeing performance today is the worst we'll see till next week.

Everything given to filth lite and one of his decisions in the second half, when he awarded them a drop ball beggared belief.

We need to put these cheating b@stards under the same pressure as the filth.

Given that we won't, we need to highlight their corruption, and it is now almost an every game occurence.

On the park, we were well worth the win, onwards and upwards, but that ref performance today is what we'll be getting till the end of the season.

It has to be called out.

Great win. Didn't think we played particularly well at times but we dug in and got the result.

Clement has wrung out so much from these players.
The results don't lie but a lot of work needed on the squad in a lot of areas. Have to give him his due with what he's had to work with.

I must say it's nice to see that Irish-Ozzie head-weave enthusiast Martin Boyle back fit and playing again.

When he suffered that injury in the previous meeting between the clubs, I was feeling really, really, sorry for him. Honest. Really.

Him not being there today would've taken the shine off things for me.

I can't think of anyone who deserves it stuck right up him more than that arsehole, and him being on the pitch for the clincher was the icing on the cake.

Glad you made it back, you ticket-thieving scum bastard. Now, piss off.

As ever, the voice of reason.

Very professionally played, culminating in a good win. Several excellent individual performances with Souttar having a great game in my view.
Onwards we go with Clement using the squad beautifully.

Pretty easy win all things considered. Hibs barely got out their half majority of the game. Dessers had a great game and hopefully a bit of confidence going into next weekend.

Not even commenting on the ref, actually so bored of every single game just being dominated with discussion about terrible decisions rather than the performance.

Back