Match Thread Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

This is why I don't understand the "I'll take a crappy 1-0 every game" attitude

We can't rely on the refs to do their jobs. Even 2-0 is no guarantee for us
I don't think it's an attitude of that's what people hope for, more of if at FT after a refereeing performance like that and we win 1-0 and take 3 points, then I'll take it in every game from now til 18th May.

Pretty easy win all things considered. Hibs barely got out their half majority of the game. Dessers had a great game and hopefully a bit of confidence going into next weekend.

Not even commenting on the ref, actually so bored of every single game just being dominated with discussion about terrible decisions rather than the performance.

As a football fan, why would you be bored talking about terrible decisions against your club?

It’s almost as if he’s only played 20 minutes since a relatively serious injury.

Folk expecting players not needing time to get up to speed in matches is unreal.

I never said he was a honking player, I said his performance today was honking. Was it mitigated by him not being fully fit? Aye more than likely, but he was still honking. Important assist though because I didn't fancy us if we had went in level.

I don't think it's an attitude of that's what people hope for, more of if at FT after a refereeing performance like that and we win 1-0 and take 3 points, then I'll take it in every game from now til 18th May.
But with 20 mins to go with the ref giving the opposition a foul for every dive, 1-0 is only going to play into the opposition's hands

Well done. That second half was very frustrating though until Matondo's rocket. We don't score enough still given the number of shots and the amount of play in the opponent's box.

Now the big one.

I say it every week, because it's true, not me being some sort of Seer.

That refereeing performance today is the worst we'll see till next week.

Everything given to filth lite and one of his decisions in the second half, when he awarded them a drop ball beggared belief.

We need to put these cheating b@stards under the same pressure as the filth.

Given that we won't, we need to highlight their corruption, and it is now almost an every game occurence.

On the park, we were well worth the win, onwards and upwards, but that ref performance today is what we'll be getting till the end of the season.

It has to be called out.
He was shocking again today, but I can tell you 100% he uis not one of them, he's from a Bluenose family although never followed as a supporter as he was always playing

Just on way home from game. A good win despite a very poor refereeing performance. We need to play a bit quicker at times but overall we did well. Cantwell ran his legs off and added a bit of class. Dessers played well but doesn’t half miss some sitters. For me MOM was between Diomande and Silva. Diomande is a class player and can put himself about. Silva never stopped running and is another not scared of a tackle. Special mention to big John as well although every time he goes into one of those sliding tackles I hold my breath. Matondo’s goal is a carbon copy of a few he’s done now.
To be fair to Hibs they came to play which made it easier for us. They didn’t park the bus.
Next week is crucial. One point will not be enough. We need all three and I think we will get them.

Scary to think where we’d be if Beale had been kept in post. Have to be happy about where we are headed now. Just need to sort out a few notable positions.

Im happy with that. Maybe a little bit nervy at times but i'll put that down to rust from the international break

Really nice to see Sima back even if he missed a decent chance. There were some really good performances today throughout the side. Souttar, Lundstram, Wright, Cantwell, and Dessers. Who was my MOTM. The big man not only scored a cracking goal but bullied the Hibs defence all afternoon

On to next week and the big one...

Keep the victories coming Rangers!

WATP!!!

But with 20 mins to go with the ref giving the opposition a foul for every dive, 1-0 is only going to play into the opposition's hands
Yeah I agree. My post says if at FT we win 1-0 from now til the 18th May, I'll take it. If that's a crappy attitude, I don't care as we'll be champions.

A decent win. I expected it to be tight, and it proved so. Saying that, it should have been more comfortable if we had taken our chances. Dessers played well and scored a great goal, then misses an easier chance second half. Brilliant from Matondo, out of the blue and relaxed the team. Still, we had the option to pile on more goals but opted to dilly-dally at the back.

Top of the league by 2 points and 2 of a gd. Let’s go!

Just on way home from game. A good win despite a very poor refereeing performance. We need to play a bit quicker at times but overall we did well. Cantwell ran his legs off and added a bit of class. Dessers played well but doesn’t half miss some sitters. For me MOM was between Diomande and Silva. Diomande is a class player and can put himself about. Silva never stopped running and is another not scared of a tackle. Special mention to big John as well although every time he goes into one of those sliding tackles I hold my breath. Matondo’s goal is a carbon copy of a few he’s done now.
To be fair to Hibs they came to play which made it easier for us. They didn’t park the bus.
Next week is crucial. One point will not be enough. We need all three and I think we will get them.
What did you see Diomande do?
Alli seen was a player with his hands out wanting the ball, then pass it back to the player.
Lammers got pelters for les.

Young McCausland seems to have lost his bravery. Just doesn't want to go past a player anymore. Otherwise, enjoyed that. We will cause Celtic a lot more problems next week, we just need the Defence and the midfield to step up.

Young McCausland seems to have lost his bravery. Just doesn't want to go past a player anymore. Otherwise, enjoyed that. We will cause Celtic a lot more problems next week, we just need the Defence and the midfield to step up.
He’s reminding me of Barisic. Take a touch and pass back. He did have one run when he cut inside where he looked dangerous. To be fair to him it’s all been a bit stop / start for him the last few months. He’ll have to reflect on the season as a whole and in that regard he’s done fine.

I never said he was a honking player, I said his performance today was honking. Was it mitigated by him not being fully fit? Aye more than likely, but he was still honking. Important assist though because I didn't fancy us if we had went in level.
Never insinuated I thought you said he was a honking player. Just with how this forum on match threads loves a pile on and how easily it spirals, I reckon players coming back from injury probably deserve a couple of starts before we pass any sort of judgement.

Never insinuated I thought you said he was a honking player. Just with how this forum on match threads loves a pile on and how easily it spirals, I reckon players coming back from injury probably deserve a couple of starts before we pass any sort of judgement.

The only judgement was on his performance today, which was pretty awful, with 1 very valuable contribution. I'm surprised he wasn't hooked at half-time and the assist is probably the only thing that saved him.

He's a good player. He didn't show that today though, 1 passage of play excepted.

Best thing about today apart from the 3 points was we seem to have the energy levels back because against Benfica in particular we were flagging and the break has revitalised us for a change.

He was shocking again today, but I can tell you 100% he uis not one of them, he's from a Bluenose family although never followed as a supporter as he was always playing

He's then the perfect example of the cheating, cowardly referee up here.

Cowed into submission by a yahoo press.

An utter disgrace and cheat.

What did you see Diomande do?
Alli seen was a player with his hands out wanting the ball, then pass it back to the player.
Lammers got pelters for les.
He wasn't that bad but he's definitely not a player who's up to speed with the pace of the game and has definitely got to stop losing the ball in dangerous positions.

Should be a comfortable win but we have a completely useless referee in this clown Dickinson. He was the one who gave Kilmarnock a penalty when the ball hit Lindstrom on the arm and completely ignored two genuine claims for us. Expect more sinister decisions from this fanny today
Just about right. Dickinson is one of the worst and that is some doing.

That was a massive three points ahead of their game tomorrow, puts the pressure back on them but we need to do far better next week.

Our defence gives me the fear :oops: :eek::eek:

The only judgement was on his performance today, which was pretty awful, with 1 very valuable contribution. I'm surprised he wasn't hooked at half-time and the assist is probably the only thing that saved him.

He's a good player. He didn't show that today though, 1 passage of play excepted.
Yeah exactly. Fair enough, but judging him on any performance today seems daft when it was simply about getting match time in the legs. Will usually give a player a couple of games free rein before acknowledging their performance (good or bad) when they’re so many miles away from being up to speed.

I thought we played well today and never really got out of 2nd gear. Three great goals.

Its great ti have players back to give big Phil choices.

A great warm up performance to go in to the final stages of the league campaign,Considering we’ve just came back from the international break when at times we’ve slipped up.

As ever, the voice of reason.
That'd have been the voice of 95% on here 15-20yrs back.

Now most on here talk as if they've been briefed by some SNP or Labour piece of filth. Honest to Christ, these bastards would send Neil Lennon "Get Well Soon" cards if he was ill.

I blame the collapse of the nation's average IQ, meself.

Three valuable points in the bank after a reasonable performance. Onwards and upwards to the next game.
My man of the match was Dessers.

Back