Match Thread Rangers v Ross County - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Slightly disappointed we didn't score more goals to go top but enjoyed some of the football we played tonight.
Their keeper had a wonder game tonight and kept the score down to a decent level.
3 points and level with the vermin and a title to play for so happy enough overall.

We have a striker, he scored 2
He should have scored 5 and that’s not an exaggeration.

You get away with those misses against Ross County. You don’t get away with them against better teams or in tight, scrappy 1-1’s with ten to go and you need a win.

This is a genuine question as i never saw the game tonight.
How many shots on target did our goalie have to deal with.
I cant think of any other than the goal. They had decent chance first half that they blew over bar. They had a free header in second half that they probably should've scored with. In a game like that though it's about getting it recycled. Goldson passing was off they both weren't winning enough of their duals in the air Souttar gave away a couple of cheap corners an Simon Murray was running ball into the channels where it seemed to take a bit too much time to win it back. Butland has bailed Goldson out with sharp reflexes running out to claim a short Goldson header back. I know I'm being ultra critical and I'm not saying County deserved or looked like getting anything out of the game. But the type of things I mentioned slowed the game down and constantly interrupted our momentum. An no disrespect to them but we weren't up against a great strike force tonight.

He should have scored 5 and that’s not an exaggeration.

You get away with those misses against Ross County. You don’t get away with them against better teams or in tight, scrappy 1-1’s with ten to go and you need a win.
He's kinda already paid for himself with a goal against Real Betis

Our team now has plenty of players capable of passing opponents - and trying.

Septic is full of passers - apart from 1 or 2 players.

That's why they're doomed this season

That has to be one of the craziest games I've seen in a long long time.
We could (and should) have scored well into double figures but it just wasn't to be.
I'm mildly disappointed that we just didn't do enough to top the table tonight but happy with the football we're playing and the amount of chances we're creating...all we need to do now is be a bit more ruthless in putting them away.
This team are more than capable of winning the league!

That has to be one of the craziest games I've seen in a long long time.
We could (and should) have scored well into double figures but it just wasn't to be.
I'm mildly disappointed that we just didn't do enough to top the table tonight but happy with the football we're playing and the amount of chances we're creating...all we need to do now is be a bit more ruthless in putting them away.
This team are more than capable of winning the league!
A bit more composure at times, a bit more luck at times and that performance gives a win by 6-1, 7-1, 8-1. Keep that level up and we'll be absolutely fine. I do think the manager has a massive decision to make about who starts up top against Celtic though.

A bit more composure at times, a bit more luck at times and that performance gives a win by 6-1, 7-1, 8-1. Keep that level up and we'll be absolutely fine. I do think the manager has a massive decision to make about who starts up top against Celtic though.
In reality with 43 shots and 23 on target we should have been into double figures!
I'm certainly not despondent, we're playing some great football and if we keep that level of performance up we'll demolish everything in front of us.

Jesus.

He's managing Dessers well, granted. If he thought Dessers was the best chance of another goal he'd have left him on. Open your eyes.
Clearly he didn't think he was the best chance and was tiring hence why he was subbed off for fresh legs. Surely even you realise that? Surely?

I really thought you were old enough to remember that this is exactly what we did during the Sounness and Smith years...hit the front just after New Year and never slow down. On today of all days, 14th February, we should have left them in our wake. Our own profligacy means we didn't. Celtic will be sitting tonight thinking they gave it everything, their best and yet they are still behind us. That will encourage them more than it does us.
Absolute shite. Anyone who doesn’t see that we have the wind in our sails right now is blind stupid or a contrarian . Tonight was a very very good performance

No, he scored two goals in the 1st half.
You are trying too hard mate. Mixing drink and drugs isn't good. Seek help
The response of a fella with no real substance to his defence.

Dessers wasnt 'sh!t' tonight but you seem like a happy clapper who thinks he'll fire us to the title.

He should have scored more than 2 tonight.

Would you agree?

The response of a fella with no real substance to his defence.

Dessers wasnt 'sh!t' tonight but you seem like a happy clapper who thinks he'll fire us to the title.

He should have scored more than 2 tonight.

Would you agree?
A happy clapper for supporting a guy scoring 2 goals? That's me. Did McCoist score every opportunity he had? Did Boyd? Did Defoe? Does Roofe?
Strikers miss more than they score. Its the nature of the game.
Your comprehension of the game is negligible.
As for firing us to the title he scored 2 goals in a 3-1 win. Without his input we wouldn't have got 3 points.
Would you agree?

A happy clapper for supporting a guy scoring 2 goals? That's me. Did McCoist score every opportunity he had? Did Boyd? Did Defoe? Does Roofe?
As for firing us to the title he scored 2 goals in a 3-1 win. Without his input we wouldn't have got 3 points.
Would you agree?
Wow.

All those words and you didnt answer my question.

PS. Without Dessers input we wouldve got the 3 points.

Now answer my question.

Should Dessers have scored more than 2.

And if you feel honest. How many should he have scored?

Wow.

All those words and you didnt answer my question.

PS. Without Dessers input we wouldve got the 3 points.

Now answer my question.

Should Dessers have scored more than 2.

And if you feel honest. How many should he have scored?
What evidence is there we would have won without Dessers input?
Should Dessers have scored more? Probably 1 or 2. Should Matondo have scored? Should Lundstram have scored? Or Tav or Cortes? I know you'll answer honestly.
They didn't scored, however, Dessers did and was instrumental in us going joint top of the league.
As much as that upsets you I couldnt care less. We will win the league and Dessers will be part of that.

What evidence is there we would have won without Dessers input?
Should Dessers have scored more? Probably 1 or 2. Should Matondo have scored? Should Lundstram have scored? Or Tav or Cortes? I know you'll answer honestly.
They didn't scored, however, Dessers did and was instrumental in us going joint top of the league.
As much as that upsets you I couldnt care less. We will win the league and Dessers will be part of that.

Jeez...You've not really been keeping track of the whole Dessers conundrum have you...bringing Tav, Lunny, Cortes and Matondo into it shows you really don't get the point.

I'll put this as simply as I can.

Dessers is our 9

Despite scoring 2 tonight he's not convinced anyone...except you apparently...that he can fire us to the title. Especially where matches are tight and chances are at a premium.

Happy clapping tho chief ;)

As has already been said, it was a very bizarre / weird game. Some of our football was excellent and the number of chances created should have resulted in more goals. That said, I'm not too downhearted as I believe if we keep playing like this and creating the chances then goals will come. Level on points and GD from where we were in October shows how Phil has galvanised this squad. We go again Sunday.

Would you agree?
Indeed. By this logic, Cortes who missed 2/2 golden opportunities tonight should be sent packing immediately.

The dislike for a guy that won us the game yesterday is absolutely incredible.

Frustating, yes. Played well. Main point is we secured 3 points. Now joint top with 61 points and same GD of 40, though they have scored 4 more goals than us, which keeps them in pole position, for now.

County had 2 runs up the park, and yet again, a lazy kick over the top caught out our defence. A real sucker punch, but we didn’t let our heads go down; instead, we kept pulverising County’s goal all night. Overall, I’m pleased with the effort and commitment we showed. We are driving steadily to the top.

Last edited:
Back