Match Thread Rangers v St Mirren - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

An absolute shamble and murder to watch us struggling
To be fair if we had Danilo on from the start I think it's much easier.

Dessers offers nothing while killing almost everything he's involved with.

St Mirren were never in ascendancy and Butland handled their 2 attempts well enough.

Lawrence is still obvs a mile off the pace after being out for over a year and he's meant to be one of our most creative, attacking players.

Add in Lundstrum playing as a sweeper while leaving the CM sparse and it was a wonder we scored at all.

It wasn't pretty but we won.

Next.

St Mirren were never in ascendancy and Butland handled their 2 attempts well enough.

Lawrence is still obvs a mile off the pace after being out for over a year and he's meant to be one of our most creative, attacking players.

Add in Lundstrum playing as a sweeper while leaving the CM sparse and it was a wonder we scored at all.

Next.
I actually thought Dessers had some really good bits of play today.

Next.
Always happy with a win. Would love to get some entertainment at times

Trying not to get carried away but, coached properly and keeping a level head, Ross McCausland could be a real out of your seat type player.

I’m also going to stick up for Dessers a bit here. First half he was awful but I thought he linked up well in the second half and looked slightly sharper. In fact I’d have kept him on.

1. We're not out of Europe - in fact we're definitely through
2. In the league we're effectively 5 points behind a team who are riding their luck week after week - we will win the league
3. We're now out of the Scottish Cup without kicking a ball?
4. In reality do you spell William D-e-c-l-a-n?
I admire your optimism but the body of evidence over the last 6-7 years and the ability of this current squad suggest different.

I would love to be proven wrong but we've all seen this before haven't we.

Lot of folk slagging Lawrence; I thought he did well in a deeper role? Was pretty decent defensively and moved the ball about much better than Cifuentes would’ve. Few wayward passes but generally did a good job I think considering he was well out of position.

Wouldn’t have him there long term but filled a gap fairly well and allowed Todd to play further up

Lot of folk slagging Lawrence; I thought he did well in a deeper role? Was pretty decent defensively and moved the ball about much better than Cifuentes would’ve. Few wayward passes but generally did a good job I think considering he was well out of position.

Wouldn’t have him there long term but filled a gap fairly well and allowed Todd to play further up
I thought he did okay also. He was a lot better than midweek. He could have got on the ball a bit more maybe, but his long passing was pretty impressive.

Betis are shit. We have every chance of beating them.
As mentioned many times in the thread, the league is not over by a long shot.
Everything to play for and hopefully some new faces in January.
Better effort today I thought, Lundstram and Tav were pretty poor but there was a bit of team spirit back again.

Betis are shit. We have every chance of beating them.
As mentioned many times in the thread, the league is not over by a long shot.
Everything to play for and hopefully some new faces in January.
Better effort today I thought, Lundstram and Tav were pretty poor but there was a bit of team spirit back again.
Lundstram was poor?

I’m genuinely surprised at your thoughts on his performance. I thought it was another solid 7/10 from him.

Lundstram was poor?

I’m genuinely surprised at your thoughts on his performance. I thought it was another solid 7/10 from him.
Yes I thought he was poor. Lazy pass in the first half forced Jack to make a great save. Lazy to not block a shot in the early second half, how hard is it to throw a leg in to make a block. Looked like he couldn't be arsed. Can't hit the target any time he shoots. Recycled the ball well enough to be fair but against St Mirren too much side ways for me.
I'm not picking on him but he needs to do better.

Very pleased with today's game.

Players gave their all to get the 1st -and 2nd goal cushion

Never felt like we would be in trouble.

Great to see Clement screaming about time wasting at throw ins - and what a difference it made with the ref rattled. Good to see St Mirren rushing to take them after their player was booked.

One downer was a very regular panic pass from Lundstram - I'm still not sure we can afford giving away free goals.

January is crucial as this squad, as it stands, is not good enough to win the league.
Too many duds signed by Beale and certain players always injured.

Very pleased with today's game.

Players gave their all to get the 1st -and 2nd goal cushion

Never felt like we would be in trouble.

Great to see Clement screaming about time wasting at throw ins - and what a difference it made with the ref rattled. Good to see St Mirren rushing to take them after their player was booked.

One downer was a very regular panic pass from Lundstram - I'm still not sure we can afford giving away free goals.
Totally agree about Clement and time wasting.

For too long we have just accepted it. The St Mirren player only got booked because Clement had been on their case.

I admire your optimism but the body of evidence over the last 6-7 years and the ability of this current squad suggest different.

I would love to be proven wrong but we've all seen this before haven't we.
Maybe you're not optimistic but (1) how are we out of Europe? and (2) how is the LC our only chance of silverware when the SC hasn't even started yet?

You're not just pessimistic - you're spouting incorrect "facts"

Yes I thought he was poor. Lazy pass in the first half forced Jack to make a great save. Lazy to not block a shot in the early second half, how hard is it to throw a leg in to make a block. Looked like he couldn't be arsed. Can't hit the target any time he shoots. Recycled the ball well enough to be fair but against St Mirren too much side ways for me.
I'm not picking on him but he needs to do better.
Lundstram has been our best player over the last 5 or 6 games. He wasn't as good today but I think that's because he didn't need to be. Others finally stood up. The defence was more solid and the midfield (without Cifuentes) more tenacious. I think that if they hadn't, big John would have sorted it out. He was still a solid 6 and for me is currently an automatic pick.

Maybe you're not optimistic but (1) how are we out of Europe? and (2) how is the LC our only chance of silverware when the SC hasn't even started yet?

You're not just pessimistic - you're spouting incorrect "facts"
Ok, I forgot about the Conference League, not much to crow about after the position we were in.

I don't think this group of players have the ability or mentality to win the league.

I suppose we could win the Scottish cup but I wouldn't think it is likely on current performance levels.

Back