Ole’s still at the wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cringing for Neville at the end there. Being laughed at in front of millions across the world because he won't slate OGS
That’s exactly it, it was cringeworthy. He is defending the indefensible.

And this is a guy who is usually quite forthright and straight to the point in criticising his team when they’re not up to scratch - previous managers, players, coaching, the board and the owners.

Yet he can’t bring himself to admit that the current manager is not up to the job.

They more time they give Solksjaer the more the fans will turn against him.

They say never go back , OGS has made the same mistake super Frank made at the Bridge.

EPL manager jobs are a revolving door now most jobs end in a sacking , so manage a club you don't support

They need a manager I actually think Liverpool lost interest and should have scored more did become more like a training match.
I was actually surprised how poor both defences were even though Liverpool never conceded.

Its going to be difficult to keep going if this form continues but really hes been let down by horrendous, repeat mistakes by flop players - Pogba, WB, Maguire. Hes also got limited options to change them after years of hopeless transfers leaving reserves like Matic, Bailley, Fred etc as options.

OGS tactics are taking pelters but really when players go out and do stupid stuff on the pitch as so many Man Utd players have done and are doing Im not sure another manager would do much better. Theyre a 1000 miles away from Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City but will finish 4th come the end of the season. Given they cant do any better than that on the players they have what is the gain by sacking him and bringing in someone else to finish 4th?

We are talking 10+ years of hopeless wastage in the transfer market and 1/2 job rebuilds that reboot every 2/3 years, its a total mess. Theyre in very much the same place as Arsenal with the same problems being caused by the same mistakes.

Two giants of English Football who have taken terminal tumbles.
I agree with you up to the last sentence but not sure where you are going with that.

Liverpool have won the league and CL in the last 3 seasons despite the spend of their rivals.

Liverpool would most likely have won the league last season but for their injuries.

They more time they give Solksjaer the more the fans will turn against him.

They say never go back , OGS has made the same mistake super Frank made at the Bridge.

EPL manager jobs are a revolving door now most jobs end in a sacking , so manage a club you don't support
Easy to say never go back but when they are asked the question of course they're going to take it. Lampard would never knock back the Chelsea job in a million years, same with Solskjaer. And will be the same if Gerrard is ever offered Liverpool.

Easy to say never go back but when they are asked the question of course they're going to take it. Lampard would never knock back the Chelsea job in a million years, same with Solskjaer. And will be the same if Gerrard is ever offered Liverpool.
OGS will get sacked.

Stevie G will take the Liverpool job and may have several happy years there , but at some point , I guarantee you he will get sacked

I think Souness argument with Neville was revealing, basically saying all the top clubs play a high press, and Man U can't play that way because Ronaldo and Pogba are Billy big boots who won't put in the hard yards.

OGS will get sacked.

Stevie G will take the Liverpool job and may have several happy years there , but at some point , I guarantee you he will get sacked
I dont doubt that. You're saying don't manage a club you support, I'm telling you in reality that when offered these jobs they 100% take them, without hesitation.

Lost a bit of respect for Neville earlier. What is the point in having him as a pundit on Man Utd games if he won’t give an honest opinion? He's in total denial and won't accept any sort of criticism of his mate.

He's sat there saying they won't make a change because of the 'bad' experience with Mourinho. The guy who won the Europa cup, League Cup and finished 2nd with a squad far worse than this. But he'd stick with Ole because he's a 'good' fit for the club, winning feck all after 3 years.

You could sense Souness and jamie Carragher were getting frustrated with him.
Neville is your typical Man United fan. Regards Solskjaer as a legend and blames everything on the Yanks. The fans will never turn on him. Which is marvellous.

I genuinely can’t think of a single quality he has that made him a candidate for the job, other than being a sound bloke who won’t kick up a fuss.
That’s why he’s got it.

The change up in almost every aspect they’d face from going from OGS to Conte would be seismic.

He’s been afforded £400m. One more reverse in the next few games and Ole had better blow the dust off his buroo card.

If it was anyone else in charge they would be sacked this morning. If it was anyone else, Rio, Neville, Scholes would be calling for his head. Its not though its their mate. They are so scared to overly criticise him, continually trying to put all the blame at the players doors and if that doesn't wash blame the owners.

Since OGS came into Man U there has been no clear style of football, no real clear signing strategy.

Fernandes goes missing in the big games.
Pogba is an enigma.
The back 4 are just horrific.
Sign Sancho for nearly 80m and barely play him. Turn him from one of the hottest prospects in europe into one of the worst players in the EPL is some job.
Van De Beek pay close to £40m for him and never play him.
Rashford is inconsistent.
Greenwood is a talent but again inconsistent.
They signed Ronaldo just because they didn't want him going to City.

As a fan of Liverpool. I can safely say it is fucking GLORIOUS :)

Ole must stay at the wheel and keep crashing the bus

If it was anyone else in charge they would be sacked this morning. If it was anyone else, Rio, Neville, Scholes would be calling for his head. Its not though its their mate. They are so scared to overly criticise him, continually trying to put all the blame at the players doors and if that doesn't wash blame the owners.

Since OGS came into Man U there has been no clear style of football, no real clear signing strategy.

Fernandes goes missing in the big games.
Pogba is an enigma.
The back 4 are just horrific.
Sign Sancho for nearly 80m and barely play him. Turn him from one of the hottest prospects in europe into one of the worst players in the EPL is some job.
Van De Beek pay close to £40m for him and never play him.
Rashford is inconsistent.
Greenwood is a talent but again inconsistent.
They signed Ronaldo just because they didn't want him going to City.

As a fan of Liverpool. I can safely say it is fucking GLORIOUS :)

Ole must stay at the wheel and keep crashing the bus
If you look at how they played yesterday, it’s almost as if Ole looked at how Pep, Klopp and Tuchel press teams and thought ‘oh, I’ll try that’.

It was some of the worst I’ve ever seen.

They need a manager I actually think Liverpool lost interest and should have scored more did become more like a training match.
I was actually surprised how poor both defences were even though Liverpool never conceded.
Liverpool are weak at the back, they are there for the taking if you can withstand the initial press. Utd should have scored early on when Fernandes missed a great chance, following a quick counter.

Utd have had some success in big games when playing a compact system with men behind the ball and hitting teams on the break with pace, mainly through Rashford.

Why on earth OGS decided to match Liverpool in terms of a pressing game is beyond me, they simply do not have the players nor does he have the tactical ability to make it work. I cannot grasp OGS’s thinking, Liverpool are arguably the best in the world at pressing.

Who is he?
Just a Man U podcaster who does live commentary videos. TBH I only first heard of him during the Euros. He was absolutely spewing when the Italians beat England.

The problem with doing live commentaries is that you make yourself look like a complete tit when your team gets pumped.

If he’s still in charge by the time the Man City game comes around, the result could be even more embarrasing than last nights…

He isnt good enough, you had to give him the money to show his worth and wow he has signed players capable of winning the league but are on par with Arsenal.

If a major vacancy occurred in Europe, I can see the club thinking of Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel and even Brenda. Ole would never come into their thoughts.

He can stay as long as he likes, I’ve never liked MU and I love seeing them struggling. Liverpool cooled off in the second half once Keita got injured. It was humiliating but it could have been so much more. I love their pain.

Would he have got anywhere near that job had he not played for them? Not a chance. I'm interested in something else on all this, and it's about David Moyes: was Moyes given the time needed, and would he have succeeded eventually? I rate Moyes; he may not come with the glitz, but arguably he would have been worth giving more time, considering the merry go round they've been on since his departure.
Moyes was given too much time. He's having a great spell at West Ham and seemed to really have turned a corner regarding his attitude/tactics etc but now he's a million miles away from the manager he was when he was at United. He'd do a better job if he was given it now but can't see that ever happening again.

You think he's improved them? Seriously?

Cristiano Ronaldo improves any team, even at 36 he's still one of the best players in the World so yes of course he improves them. The issue with United, as Souness, Carra and Neville allude to is wider than Ronaldo. Ole is trying to deploy a high press system with a selection of players who are not carrying out the game plan, that's the issue.

So either the game plan needs to change (i.e. not high press) or you play guys like Cavani alongside Ronaldo to deploy the game plan. Add to that defensively United are a mess, and you're not winning anything with guys like Mctominay and Fred in your midfield - that has always been a massive hole for them.

Ronaldo has literally won them 2-3 games already this season and by all accounts was the only player yesterday who looked like he gave a shit yesterday.

Neville is your typical Man United fan. Regards Solskjaer as a legend and blames everything on the Yanks. The fans will never turn on him. Which is marvellous.
Not according to the interviewed fans after the game or RedCafe.

Neville is completely out of touch with the supporters.

Cristiano Ronaldo improves any team, even at 36 he's still one of the best players in the World so yes of course he improves them. The issue with United, as Souness, Carra and Neville allude to is wider than Ronaldo. Ole is trying to deploy a high press system with a selection of players who are not carrying out the game plan, that's the issue.

So either the game plan needs to change (i.e. not high press) or you play guys like Cavani alongside Ronaldo to deploy the game plan. Add to that defensively United are a mess, and you're not winning anything with guys like Mctominay and Fred in your midfield - that has always been a massive hole for them.

Ronaldo has literally won them 2-3 games already this season and by all accounts was the only player yesterday who looked like he gave a shit.
They're on less points with Ronaldo in the team after the same amount of games last season.

Ronaldo will get goals but its the rest of the team that suffer, exact same at Juventus.

Still in the job lol.

Who’ve they got midweek. Oh yeah, no-one as OGS got them pumped out another cup.

7 matches out of 13 in which they’ve failed to win this season. He really is out his depths.

If you look at how they played yesterday, it’s almost as if Ole looked at how Pep, Klopp and Tuchel press teams and thought ‘oh, I’ll try that’.

It was some of the worst I’ve ever seen.

That's exactly it. He thought we can get the fans onside if we press a lot. So, they just ran about like headless chickens chasing lost causes. No idea who should be pressing who or when. It was really school boy stuff. The thing was Liverpool didn't play amazing either. I have seen Liverpool play much better than that. I think going to 10 men saved Man U because they sat deeper and didn't try to attack much and Liverpool just passed it about for a laugh.

I was howling at that second goal.

Big plank of wood bumping into his team mate then looking like a punch drunk boxer trying to work out what way he’s supposed to be facing.
His whole leadership of that defence is terrible. Look at the first goal, the Luke Shaw is basically in the RCB position because the rest of the defence were drawn to the side of the park the ball was at. Get the ball down one side and then leave an overload on the other because their forwards can’t be arsed to work back the way and cover.

I hate this attention seeking clown. A lot of it is just an act as he knows the more mental / over the top his reaction is, the more people will share. Prime example of a terrible product of social media.

On OGS, incredible he is still in a job. Obviously out his depth last season but Man U's obsession with trying to create a top manager from an ex player saw them turn a blind eye & cling onto hope he'd be a miracle.

Jonathan Wilson has been banging on about Solskjaer for ages and got dogs abuse from Man Utd supporters

He's spot on here

Some of the defending yesterday was hilarious. Salah had the freedom of Salford, surely of all players on the planet you at least attempt to mark him?!

The coaching of that team yesterday was just awful. They have not got a clue how to defend and come up against a quality team and they just crumble. Watching that yesterday it was keystone cops defending. Also Donny van de Beek, Sancho signed for a combined £110m not even getting a sniff of the team. Martial was £50m? they cant all suddenly be had players.

Need to change manager and be really careful about who they pick.

Some of the defending yesterday was hilarious. Salah had the freedom of Salford, surely of all players on the planet you at least attempt to mark him?!

At one point Keita had about 30 yards of clear space to cross the ball high on the right wing because the Man Utd back four were in a straight line and within about 15 feet of each other in the box.

Jonathan Wilson has been banging on about Solskjaer for ages and got dogs abuse from Man Utd supporters

He's spot on here

Last season United would have sat deep against a side like Liverpool. They would have packed the midfield and looked to strike on the break. But this season they cannot do that because of Cristiano Ronaldo. He has to play, because he is Cristiano Ronaldo. He offers almost nothing in the defensive phase because he is Cristiano Ronaldo. He is not mobile enough to play as Solskjær often previously had his forwards play against high-level opposition in a sort of 4-4-2 diamond with two wide strikers because he is 36. His goals, as they did against Atalanta last Wednesday, may bring United results, but he is like some gorgeous wallpaper from an Edgar Allan Poe short story, hiding the cracks while simultaneously causing the wall to crumble.

And now he’s not just a tactical problem but a personnel issue. This is a player who in the past three years has cost Max Allegri, Maurizio Sarri and Andrea Pirlo their jobs. Any team he plays for inevitably becomes FC Ronaldo and, whatever that may do for shirt sales and social media profile, that is not conducive to playing the sort of fluent integrated football that wins trophies.
Oh look at that, another bloke who’s beyond help, another bloke who’s said much the same as I’ve been saying about CR7. It couldn’t be because it’s true and Juventus suffered more or less the same problem could it?

Fanboys will never want to admit it but having him in the side against better outfits will come a hefty price as far as his impact on the overall unit is concerned. Before you even get to the fact he’s the most senior member of the squad and should have been sent off first half anyway for losing his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back