Ole’s still at the wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this attention seeking clown. A lot of it is just an act as he knows the more mental / over the top his reaction is, the more people will share. Prime example of a terrible product of social media.

On OGS, incredible he is still in a job. Obviously out his depth last season but Man U's obsession with trying to create a top manager from an ex player saw them turn a blind eye & cling onto hope he'd be a miracle.
There's rumours that this guy isn't even a Man Utd fan but he'll be making a fortune from that channel. Ex copper too believe it or not.

Cristiano Ronaldo improves any team, even at 36 he's still one of the best players in the World so yes of course he improves them. The issue with United, as Souness, Carra and Neville allude to is wider than Ronaldo. Ole is trying to deploy a high press system with a selection of players who are not carrying out the game plan, that's the issue.

So either the game plan needs to change (i.e. not high press) or you play guys like Cavani alongside Ronaldo to deploy the game plan. Add to that defensively United are a mess, and you're not winning anything with guys like Mctominay and Fred in your midfield - that has always been a massive hole for them.

Ronaldo has literally won them 2-3 games already this season and by all accounts was the only player yesterday who looked like he gave a shit yesterday.

Gave a shit? He tried to get himself sent off by kicking the ball at a player whilst he was down on the ground. Coward behaviour.

You can say he improves them but Souness was pretty much spot on when he said there should've been a conversation when he joined to say that he won't play every game. In order to play Ronaldo you need the other 9 outfield players to be bursting their arse and doing his running for him. That simply won't happen at Man Utd with the likes of Pogba and Fernandes.

As others have said, Ronaldo will probably get 20-30 goals this season and he'll be happy with that. The team has to be geared up to service Ronaldo and boost his own personal stats - it was the exact same at Juve.

Cristiano Ronaldo improves any team, even at 36 he's still one of the best players in the World so yes of course he improves them. The issue with United, as Souness, Carra and Neville allude to is wider than Ronaldo. Ole is trying to deploy a high press system with a selection of players who are not carrying out the game plan, that's the issue.

So either the game plan needs to change (i.e. not high press) or you play guys like Cavani alongside Ronaldo to deploy the game plan. Add to that defensively United are a mess, and you're not winning anything with guys like Mctominay and Fred in your midfield - that has always been a massive hole for them.

Ronaldo has literally won them 2-3 games already this season and by all accounts was the only player yesterday who looked like he gave a shit yesterday.

I'm not sure about that. He is still a top class finisher but is more of a flat track bully at this point in his career. The balance of the team has definitely been affected by him signing. A real quality holding midfield player should have been priority for them.

Gave a shit? He tried to get himself sent off by kicking the ball at a player whilst he was down on the ground. Coward behaviour.

You can say he improves them but Souness was pretty much spot on when he said there should've been a conversation when he joined to say that he won't play every game. In order to play Ronaldo you need the other 9 outfield players to be bursting their arse and doing his running for him. That simply won't happen at Man Utd with the likes of Pogba and Fernandes.

As others have said, Ronaldo will probably get 20-30 goals this season and he'll be happy with that. The team has to be geared up to service Ronaldo and boost his own personal stats - it was the exact same at Juve.
Yeh, 100 goals in 3 seasons in Juventus, only 2 Seria A titles, no doubt he'd have been satisfied if he'd won nothing. Look at the managers he's worked with, and now Ole.

Bizarre logic from Neville

Actually usually like him as a pundit but his defence of Ole is beyond pathetic.

Yeh, 100 goals in 3 seasons in Juventus, only 2 Seria A titles, no doubt he'd have been satisfied if he'd won nothing. Look at the managers he's worked with, and now Ole.
He was brought in to take them to the next level along with Dybala, Higuain etc. The goals for Ronaldo came but dried up for the rest because that's what tends to happen when you have to build your team around an ageing ego-maniac.

Neville is right about their fans TBH and how they still support and back their own, and most of their fans are right to be showing some form of support for their manager, a hell of a lot of Rangers fans would do the same, more so at games than online.

Solskjaer does need changed but this bloodlust some have that fans and pundits should simply slaughter him at every chance they get is a bit weird.

Neville was critical of team and manager yesterday, unsure what else some expected him to say.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that. He is still a top class finisher but is more of a flat track bully at this point in his career. The balance of the team has definitely been affected by him signing. A real quality holding midfield player should have been priority for them.
Ronaldo situation is hard.

He's clearly still one of the best players in the world and will single handedly carry you through many games as he has done multiple times already for United

On the other side, because he's so "good", you have to forgo your entire system and play to his strengths even if its against the team as a wholes strengths

He's the perfect type of player to build the team around but not the kind of player you want to force into your already existing system.

He was brought in to take them to the next level along with Dybala, Higuain etc. The goals for Ronaldo came but dried up for the rest because that's what tends to happen when you have to build your team around an ageing ego-maniac.
That's exactly what's happened. Great player but at the detriment of the team. Didn't take Juventus anywhere near the CL and actually took them further away from it.

Ronaldo situation is hard.

He's clearly still one of the best players in the world and will single handedly carry you through many games as he has done multiple times already for United

On the other side, because he's so "good", you have to forgo your entire system and play to his strengths even if its against the team as a wholes strengths

He's the perfect type of player to build the team around but not the kind of player you want to force into your already existing system.
He'd be the best rotation player in the history of the game if his ego would allow it.

I'm no fan of Pep but there's absolutely no way the question of Ronaldo would even come up if he'd signed for City. Pep would tell him when he was playing, when he wasn't and wouldn't take any shite about it. He's the boss, that's it. Ole? Not so much.

Neville has lost the plot.

Shortchanging the Utd fans with his ‘punditry’ here. If these are his true feelings then Sky can’t have him covering Utd games whilst his pal remains. He’s just talking waffle and shite.

I don't believe for a second Guardiola was trying to sign a player (ie Ronaldo) who could not be part of a team that pressed. He can fit into a team that wants to press, or Guardiola wouldn't have tried to sign him.

Souness and Carragher wouldn't really let Neville get his point across yesterday they were just winding him up.

It's ironic seeing Souness talk about the modern tactical aspsects of the game like pressing as a unit when he normally poo poo's on all the modern football talk and says sh*t like ''the team with the best players will normally win the game''. Or ''footballs a simple game just get the ball forward to your strikers as quick as possible''.

Neville can't be objective with this one as Ole is his mate, he is coming across as a knob and is not in line with the MU support.

Probably is with most of the fans he knows to be fair, United We Stand, which is generally quite in touch with their match going support are still pretty supportive of him and what seemed to be their UB section was supportive of him after the Atalanta game. In Manchester I would expect he still has a fairly decent level of support and goodwill.

In this day and age EPL fans have that massive a mix of fans it is almost impossible to speak for all of them, many fans in this day can monetize their rage and overreaction online

Last edited:

Cowardly behaviour or not he was the only one bothering his arse and if not for a couple of inches he comes away from another game with another brilliant goal to his name. I've listened to all the pundits talk about United's issues and it all boils down to the problems with the system they're trying to deploy with Cristiano Ronaldo in it - that's not just a Cristiano Ronaldo problem IMO (like the FM2020 loyal would have you believe) that's a wider issue with the manager not having a clue what he's doing with the players he has in a particular system he's trying to deploy.

Arsene Wenger alludes to the point I'm making here:

On the goals point, surely that's what you want from your forward players? He was top scorer in Serie A last season with 5 more goals than Lukaku and is already Uniteds top scorer this season - goals win games.

United's issues are much deeper than Cristiano Ronaldo and I'm sorry if I don't buy into this notion that he is somehow to blame for their current woes. Used properly, like he was in his 1st spell, then United would have far more joy.

Finally, this is a fantastic article and piece of analysis on the matter which they conclude with "Cristiano Ronaldo is not the problem at Manchester United right now, but he’s certainly causing some."

Last edited:
Bringing Ole’s CL winning goal in 99 into it is a new low for Neville; what fecking relevance does that have to being an inept ‘yes man’ manager in 2021? Maybe Terry can be their next coach, he won them a CL too when he slipped on his arse in Moscow.

Neville’s a bright guy but he’s lost the plot over the last couple of days and seems determined to die on that hill. I’m sure if you told United fans in 1999 that 22 years later one of their class of 92 would be leading them to abject failure while the rest (barring Keane) would blindly back him, they wouldn’t have believed that either.

Last edited:
He'd be the best rotation player in the history of the game if his ego would allow it.

I'm no fan of Pep but there's absolutely no way the question of Ronaldo would even come up if he'd signed for City. Pep would tell him when he was playing, when he wasn't and wouldn't take any shite about it. He's the boss, that's it. Ole? Not so much.
That’s why I don’t think there was ever a chance he was going to City anyway and probably why they never actually made any offer. Strong managers won’t weaken their over all unit just to service his ego and improve his personal stats to please some marketing goons who’re more interested in shirt sales and merchandise.

He’s lucky he’s got the profile he has otherwise he’d probably be sitting the next few games out through suspension anyway. I wouldn’t cry any tears for him working under Solskjaer either, he’s probably chosen to do so because a stronger manager wouldn’t be so weak as to start him in a game against Liverpool where the team would have to suffer for his inclusion. I did say a few weeks ago I reckon Ronaldo could be the thing that finally gets Ole the boot and I think that’s still likely to happen.

Saying he got ‘x’ amount of goals at Juve completely misses the main point in that tailoring the entire side to improve his goals tally comes at the expense of the rest of the side, as demonstrated by the fact they got weaker and won less and less upon his arrival; and that’s been particularly evident with guys like Dybala. And further evidenced by Juventus and their fanbase complete lack of disappointment at his departure.

got a lot of time for Neville and actually like the way he is standing by his mate BUT he needs to step away from social media and not get involved in the way he is.

Antonio Conte took four Manchester United rejects and delivered the Serie A for Inter Milan. Darmian, Young, Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez.

I think he’d do a pretty good job at Old Trafford. 3-5-2 would be interesting with the current defensive options.

Antonio Conte took four Manchester United rejects and delivered the Serie A for Inter Milan. Darmian, Young, Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez.

I think he’d do a pretty good job at Old Trafford. 3-5-2 would be interesting with the current defensive options.

Neville would rather have Solskjaer in charge. Conte wouldn't be the right fit, according to him.

Neville would rather have Solskjaer in charge. Conte wouldn't be the right fit, according to him.

He surely doesn’t mean that. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is an absolutely horrific manager.

Will be interesting to see if they go for Conte and if he accepts it. Not usually one for taking a job mid-season.

Every time i see that ball through from jordan henderson to mo salah for the hat trick ,it just looks better and better..utterly sublime
Henderson is a classic example of a midfield player who has continually improved his entire game season upon season.
Ryan Jack is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back