Potential GVB Management Team

If we were looking at a locally based coach to add to the team I'd suggest Kenny Miller.
Was a teammate of GVB and a few of the current team and has some experience in coaching now. Have liked what I have heard from him with regards to how the game should be played.
Hope the plumbers are about.

No thanks, we will then start leaking stories to press left, right and centre. We do not need that.
If we were looking at a locally based coach to add to the team I'd suggest Kenny Miller.
Was a teammate of GVB and a few of the current team and has some experience in coaching now. Have liked what I have heard from him with regards to how the game should be played

I dont see Thomson leaving the job he is doing at Kelty to become Rangers coach again
Will depend on what structure Wilson puts in place. The fact we have lost our whole backroom team shouldnt happen imo. We have a head coach and his own assistant then a coaching team which can progress to those positions should the head coach leave amd give the team continuity in situstions such as just happened. Not sure how it would work in reality but then Im not a DoF getting paid loads of money.

Yes I'm aware.....I'd ask again on what basis other than being an ex player should McCann get the role?

I'm also of the same view with Thomson.

I'd rather have guys in the backroom team with good levels of experience of coaching / fulfilling that role rather than just being picked because connection with the club alone
Same here, no going back to jobs for the boys in the set up. We need elite level coaches to the standard of the ones we just lost at the very minimum.

Love it when folk post this sort of stuff.

Gio will pick his staff.
Said for me, dosent have to be for Gio. Im happy for whoever he takes if he gets the job. I would just like Mccann to be involved with us at some point.

Will depend on what structure Wilson puts in place. The fact we have lost our whole backroom team shouldnt happen imo. We have a head coach and his own assistant then a coaching team which can progress to those positions should the head coach leave amd give the team continuity in situstions such as just happened. Not sure how it would work in reality but then Im not a DoF getting paid loads of money.

other side of that is seen across the city where a plethora of managers have Beaky and Captain Laptop foisted on them

other side of that is seen across the city where a plethora of managers have Beaky and Captain Laptop foisted on them
Im not saying its perfect but if their manager was to leave then the coaches take over til a new guy comes in and there is little disruption. Our players are sitting wondering if Jimmy Bell is taking training next week

Certainly seems wise to get a Scottish spl analyst in the replacement group .

Did any of our data analyst guys related to the first team go with him ? How about our scouts like Andy Scoulding is it is he going ?

Was a teammate of GVB and a few of the current team and has some experience in coaching now. Have liked what I have heard from him with regards to how the game should be played.
Can’t see Kenny being employed by Rangers again rightly or wrongly, at least under this present board anyway.
Fwiw I’d have him in some capacity at Rangers

I think we now don't have the finances to employ like for like replacements for SG & Co.

With money being tight it will be a smaller scale management team I reckon which doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing as quality or quantity is key.

I think most managers want to surround themselves with their own guys. It means they can bring in their own philosophy etc. If they end up working with somebody who is incompatible or don’t fully back each other people under them sniff it out right away and it undermines the whole management team. Not just in football but any walk of life.

Does GVB have a team that he’s worked with before ready and available to bring with him if appointed?

We saw the importance of McAllister and Beale to Gerrard and hope that we’re not just concentrating on appointing a manager on his own.
Jan Wouters was his assistant at Feyenord, would be great if he brought him been there done it.

TBH, how much of us knew exactly what SG, McAllister and Co. did? Michael Beale was the tactical brain.
I watched an interview he did on RangersTV for a Soccer Academy thing. He said he was the Assistant to the Manager, the Assistant to the Coaches, the Assistant to the Sports Science guys, the Assistant to the Medics, the Assistant to the Players and the Assistant to the Ground Staff.:eek:

Basically I think McAllister was the go-between that kept the various departments and individuals 'connected' and fully aware of what the needs of each department and individual were and what was expected of them.

Absolutely

Also add Barry Ferguson that way Keech Jackson has two sources to go to for behind the scenes stories

Wouters has already been talked about but think it’ll be essential that some like McCann who he played with and down with the latest Scottish football scene, is part of the coaching staff.
Or Kevin Thomson.

The chip pan dooker would be delighted.

Hopefully he's bringing a whole set up, that's the only reason i can see there being a delay in this happening, loads of discussions and people having to move over etc
Maybe it's because we're interviewing every single person Wilson had on his shortlist before making any kind of decision (per H&H) and our previous management team are barely out of the door.

His team at Feyenoord was Jean-Paul van Gastel, Jan Wouters, Roy Makaay and Khalid Benlahsen.

Wouters left before the final season and was replaced by Denny Landzaat.
Heard Jan Wouters name mentioned

Does GVB have a team that he’s worked with before ready and available to bring with him if appointed?

We saw the importance of McAllister and Beale to Gerrard and hope that we’re not just concentrating on appointing a manager on his own.
As long as he doesn't bring his friend larsson I'll be happy:eek:

Back