Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Mark Hateley makes it 2 v Sheep in the title decider 1991

B9xoGzG.jpg

IclelxI.jpg

Scottish Cup Final v Airdrie 1992.
cggGNkN.jpg

Always love this thread when it updates. Being a bear from around 79, it's good to see the pics from that era and long before it.
Also love when ppl say things like eg, didn't have a red collar then, that's 76 or other stuff to the like. Iove how people memory can be exaggerated by a few months or years, ut get there eventually.
Funny how memories bring out the best and worst of things. Thank you to the historians and the ppl who keep this updated and the smiles it brings to us oldies

I remember Eric Morris playing for the Irvine Meadow team that won the Junior Cup in 1973.

Never was anything but a reserve player with us, and no idea where he went after leaving Ibrox. For some reason when I hear his name I always think of another reserve player at the same time called Davie Armour, did we sign them both at the same time maybe?

I remember Eric Morris playing for the Irvine Meadow team that won the Junior Cup in 1973.

Never was anything but a reserve player with us, and no idea where he went after leaving Ibrox. For some reason when I hear his name I always think of another reserve player at the same time called Davie Armour, did we sign them both at the same time maybe?
Sometimes there's no explanation for how our minds work.

Eric Morris came to us in 1973, I'm pretty sure he was the Juniour POTY for 72/73. Davie Armour came to us a year later.

Both, went to Ayr Utd in September 1979.

Sometimes there's no explanation for how our minds work.

Eric Morris came to us in 1973, I'm pretty sure he was the Juniour POTY for 72/73. Davie Armour came to us a year later.

Both, went to Ayr Utd in September 1979.
I knew you'd know.

Maybe it was them leaving at the same time.

Or maybe they were always in the team picture at the start if the season and those were the ones I had to check who they were!

I knew you'd know.

Maybe it was them leaving at the same time.

Or maybe they were always in the team picture at the start if the season and those were the ones I had to check who they were!
I'm pretty sure Eric Morris signed for us as 72/73 drew to a close. I'm also sure when he signed there was a snap of him holding up his Junior POTY plaque.

I thought Cambuslang Rangers won the JSC in 73, thus making it three years on the trot. I think the finalists in the other two years were Linlithgow Rose and Bonnyrigg. My old man used to take me up to the North Enclosure to watch them.

Or maybe they just got to the final three years running?

I'm pretty sure Eric Morris signed for us as 72/73 drew to a close. I'm also sure when he signed there was a snap of him holding up his Junior POTY plaque.

I thought Cambuslang Rangers won the JSC in 73, thus making it three years on the trot. I think the finalists in the other two years were Linlithgow Rose and Bonnyrigg. My old man used to take me up to the North Enclosure to watch them.

Or maybe they just got to the final three years running?
Meadow definitely won in 1973.

We moved to Ayrshire at the start of that season, my dad took me to the cup final v Celtic and the Junior final v Cambuslang.

The game I was at was a draw, Meadow won after a couple of replays. Morris played in the game I was at.

Meadow definitely won in 1973.

We moved to Ayrshire at the start of that season, my dad took me to the cup final v Celtic and the Junior final v Cambuslang.

The game I was at was a draw, Meadow won after a couple of replays. Morris played in the game I was at.
So Cambuslang must have been going for three in a row.

EM was obviously up against Ally Scott for a shot at the left wing berth and the blonde, balding guy got the nod over the dark haired, balding guy.

Morris played and scored in the 8-0 Scottish Cup tie v Queen's Park in 1974.
Coincidentally I remember Davie Armour playing in a Glasgow Cup tie v Queen's Park at Ibrox around that period. From memory we won 3-0 and Armour scored. Midweek game.

I`ve always been of the opinion the Tapie`s match-fixing exploits reached Belgium
If you watch Football years from STV from 1992 Trans European Express, Goram mentions that due to Hateley playing in France, he got a tip off to get sent off at Ibrox against Bruges so he missed the game in Marseille and Hateley told them where to go

Back