Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

1950:

E7n928KWUAUPkAA

1 up early doors.
Conceded 5 second half goals.
Rock hard pitch and I think they played in trainers while we wore studs.
Dav
1 up early doors.
Conceded 5 second half goals.
Rock hard pitch and I think they played in trainers while we wore studs.
Davie Wilson opened the scoring.

With the LC final loss in the October, I'm pretty sure this match was the yahoos first back to back wins over us in the major domestic competitions since Sept/Oct 1957 and the least said about that, the better.

Dav

Davie Wilson opened the scoring.

With the LC final loss in the October, I'm pretty sure this match was the yahoos first back to back wins over us in the major domestic competitions since Sept/Oct 1957 and the least said about that, the better.
My abiding memory of that game was of the young team blocking the top of the stairway at the Rangers end threatening any Rangers fan who tried to leave with 5 minutes to play o_O I'm saying young team but were in their twenties and thirties to be honest.

Last edited:
The two substitutes used by Rangers, Israel international defender Avi Cohen (left) and Trevor Francis, who earlier in his career had a couple of seasons for the Detroit Express in the old North American Soccer League, hold the 1987 Skol League Cup trophy high after a 3-3 draw and subsequent penalty shootout at Hampden Park in October of 1987

Back