The Rangers AGM

Anonymous guy. Glad to be at an AGM where it is about the actual club - it’s not for everyone.

Rangers held to a different standard than other clubs. What about Hunza and Dornan? All the time we have these negative MSPs which we never seem to get feedback from the club on. Brand protection and vilification of fans important - tell a lie often enough ..

David Graham - we hold media to account, all we do has best of Rangwrs at heart - balance and fairness is all we look for. 1986 when I was born David Holmes the then chairman wa complaining about same thing. Our response is long term process and probably best more scalpel than chainsaw.
"Rangers Communications officer makes threats to attack those who speak out against the Club"

Coming to a tabloid near you soon.

Steve Sinclair wheelchair user - 18 years a wheelchair user. What I would to do is to show how difficult it is to the disabled to access to enter the ground. I want to provide you with two spare wheelchairs and meet you at the Alibion and you can try it.

Will you accept this challenge?

Robertson - we have car parking facilities nearer ground than the Albion but most disabled fans don’t like them as traduce form there clears more slowly.

John Bennet - spent time with wheelchair user - he articulated the problems. We have example of resource allocation. Blue Sky Lounge for instance - giving access cuts revenue but we are taking up the challenge. People tasked to bring back menahiful plans.
Disgraceful reply from Bennett. Money over access for disabled fans. Shocking.

In what way will safe standing improve the atmosphere? It’ll benefit a small section of the support, most likely the UB who stand already. No or little impact on atmosphere at all. It wouldn’t be an accessible area for the majority of supporters so I’m not fussed about it in the slightest.
100% incorrect mate. Standing improves the atmosphere. Every single game where propel stand the atmosphere is better!

In what way will safe standing improve the atmosphere? It’ll benefit a small section of the support, most likely the UB who stand already. No or little impact on atmosphere at all. It wouldn’t be an accessible area for the majority of supporters so I’m not fussed about it in the slightest.
First things first the only guys that try and create a bit of atmosphere needs to get moved into the middle of the BF.

Mark Campbell - size and loyalty of fan base is huge - but accounts talk about Scottish football undersold and undervalued what plans do club have to change this.

Robertson - I get hard time at SPFL board meetings but we need help - look at what we have done for the European coefficient and sponsorships would be good with better governance. Until then Rangers taking reposnisblitu and get ahead with making Rangwrs the best they can be.
And this is why Scottish football is fucked.

How dare we wish to improve the game here

The club could maybe look at rewarding the fans with Safe Standing considering our unparalleled support for the past decade. No surprise they don’t care about the average fan.

I have no idea how Bisgrove expects to effectively double our commercial income in one year. Sounds like an extremely difficult target to meet, and I doubt he’ll be able to.
It would have been an extremely difficult target to achieve had we already been at the maximum capacity of engaging with partners and retail for example. It's not so difficult when in the position we have been.

We are still getting back to where were we want to be after years of being run in to the ground. That is not an overnight process but it's one that will be challenging but doable I'd wager.

I love our board, I’d rather them than Newcastle’s new owners, I couldn’t imagine us in safer hands.

It looks like there’s a real lack of appetite for safe standing though, no movement for years.

In that case, UB and crucially the wider Broomloan Collective, should start standing for 90 minutes of every match in protest. Our own make-shift safe standing section until it’s implemented properly. Yes, it’ll cause fuss from some initially, but that’ll only create more awareness for the campaign. Rangers come before any individual.

That’s the quickest way to ensure safe standing- action. Without it, we’re going nowhere fast. Make it happen. @Broomloan
In fairness most of that is already the case (in relation to standing full game etc).

I personally think a new campaign from the wider support is needed, and something that will most likely be set up ASAP. Again for it to work, we need as many people as possible to support it. For it to be effective we need as many as possible involved, from individuals, families to RSCs. The more people getting involved in Broomloan Collective the more chance we have of getting Safe Standing.

"Rangers Communications officer makes threats to attack those who speak out against the Club"

Coming to a tabloid near you soon.

my immediate thought too
Dornan will hear his name said in the same building and take it as a death threat

Of course it's not. The majority of fans who go to Ibrox couldn't give 2 hoots either way, add into the mix that whole groups may need moved to accommodate it depending on where it goes, and it therefore will likely never happen.
Celtic did it, why can’t we? For the greater good a few folk being moved and still staying within the Broomloan wouldn’t be a disaster.

Who would have to move if it was implemented in BF. It would be a tiny percentage of folk in BF that would be against it
Only problem I can see having it in the Broomloan is if we get a big cup-tie and the Away team want the full allocation to which they are entitled - Hearts, Hibs, Dhims etc. As things stand, they'd, potentially, get the safe standing area as part of that.

I don’t think it’s a case that they don’t want it, I think it’s a case that not all fans want it.
Most fans I know do, and I'd suggest most of the ones that don't haven't experienced it done properly in the likes of the German Bundesliga.

The matchday experience is awful in comparison.

Because make it big enough then people will move.

I would and I know plenty more that would too.

It's been said to them, on numerous occasions, that crowd funding could be an option. The potential for marketing content that could come from Safe Standing in BF would be unreal as well
It could be a massive pr win as well as getting the support onside to help with funding and then enhancing the matchday experience.

Fuming we didn't create a resolution 55 to tell refuse to name the filth anything but Peado FC.
They are not a football club, they are a terrorist and paedophile protection organisation.

Edit: Only half serious based on how weird they are with their AGM shouting about Zombies and talking more about us than their own massive failures.

If you’re in the Broomloan Front I urge you to join the Broomloan Collective to help campaign for fan issues such as Safe Standing.

You can sign-up every home matchday at Ibrox from usually an hour and a half to half an hour before kickoff at the Union Bears stall. The stall is located in between the Broomloan gates and Broomloan turnstiles.

Union Berlin fans in Germany built their own stadium. Even though Safe Standing is extremely feasible for the club even us as fans could easily fund it ourselves.

Because make it big enough then people will move.

I would and I know plenty more that would too.
Yep.

Rather than have all the folk who want to create an atmosphere dotted around the stadium, congregate them together in a safe standing environment.

Never really enjoyed sitting at the football either, just lucky my ST is in at the wall so I can stand but the lack of atmosphere is dreadful.

I understand some guys just want to go watch football, but others want the match day experience to be more enjoyable.

We also have this thing where players are continually told about the great Ibrox atmosphere, only for them to come and mistake it for a library.

Back