The Rangers AGM

Any mention of who the creditors are, offering unsecured loans at 6% etc? Barclays or individuals?

Yep.

Rather than have all the folk who want to create an atmosphere dotted around the stadium, congregate them together in a safe standing environment.

Never really enjoyed sitting at the football either, just lucky my ST is in at the wall so I can stand but the lack of atmosphere is dreadful.

I understand some guys just want to go watch football, but others want the match day experience to be more enjoyable.

We also have this thing where players are continually told about the great Ibrox atmosphere, only for them to come and mistake it for a library.
when we had the two enclosures it was generally those in the corners nearest the tunnel that sang, the rest quiet. Maybe times have changed but I cant see safe standing creating this 'atmosphere' that a lot seem to think it will.

Safe standing isn't a priority because it isn't a priority - it actually isn't. It would be a desirable 'nice to have'...all of the 'nice to haves' should be on the pitch, not off it in the current climate.

Priorities relating to attendance should be wholly focussed on finding a ground-breaking way to increase our capacity by a meaningful number.

Somewhat surprising that the club even need to emphasise how far down the priority list it is.

If our finances were wildly different and everything else was up to scratch then I'd understand.
The fans have backed the club phenomenally for the last 10 years including last year’s Covid season. What has the club given back to the fans for this support? Just excuses.

"Safe standing wont make any money" - is what I took from that.
UB have already said all ST holders who would move into the standing section would be willing to pay a ‘bit extra’ on top of season ticket price for the installation.

In fact they should just let the UB rip the section out and install the safe standing themselves.

Last edited:
Standing is an expense we dont need. What we do need is wheel chair area which properly looks after our disabled fans and also decent toilets in all parts of the ground.
Also if we can increase capacity even by a small number will help with income.
Some quality food for half time would be plus.
I may watch from hospitality but I did spend many years leaning against a crush barrier with toilets that were a joke and although improved we need to go further to make a visit to Ibrox a better experience (keeping winning also helps of course)

Only problem I can see having it in the Broomloan is if we get a big cup-tie and the Away team want the full allocation to which they are entitled - Hearts, Hibs, Dhims etc. As things stand, they'd, potentially, get the safe standing area as part of that.
Have the police not knock larger allocations back before?
If you’re in the Broomloan Front I urge you to join the Broomloan Collective to help campaign for fan issues such as Safe Standing.

You can sign-up every home matchday at Ibrox from usually an hour and a half to half an hour before kickoff at the Union Bears stall. The stall is located in between the Broomloan gates and Broomloan turnstiles.

Union Berlin fans in Germany built their own stadium. Even though Safe Standing is extremely feasible for the club even us as fans could easily fund it ourselves.
Can you do it online mate ?
Me and the laddie are never early.

when we had the two enclosures it was generally those in the corners nearest the tunnel that sang, the rest quiet. Maybe times have changed but I cant see safe standing creating this 'atmosphere' that a lot seem to think it will.
I think it would, purely because there are a number of people like my mates and I dotted round the stadium who would like to contribute to atmosphere with getting told to “sit doon” or getting snarled at for singing.

A survey of some sorts surely answers these questions though :))

Standing is an expense we dont need. What we do need is wheel chair area which properly looks after our disabled fans and also decent toilets in all parts of the ground.
Also if we can increase capacity even by a small number will help with income.
Some quality food for half time would be plus.
I may watch from hospitality but I did spend many years leaning against a crush barrier with toilets that were a joke and although improved we need to go further to make a visit to Ibrox a better experience (keeping winning also helps of course)
It’s already been said the fans would pay for it.

Have the police not knock larger allocations back before

Can you do it online mate ?
Me and the laddie are never early.
Send a message to @Broomloan I’m sure they’ll be able to sort you out. The initial joining fee is £10 and includes benefits such as forum access, Broomloan Collective scarf and future merchandise as well as invitations to future fan projects/events you can be apart of.

Online signups aren’t available right now but think they’re looking into it. As long as you can be there half an hour before the game at the stall you’ll be able to signup that way.

The issue will be with the fans that will either need to move seat or stand.
I appreciate that mate, but I believe in democracy.

82% from where I'm standing (pun intended)
is pretty conclusive.

We really need to be forward thinking, honestly try going to a few Bundesliga games and tell me we aren't miles behind in how we treat our own?

Of course it's not. The majority of fans who go to Ibrox couldn't give 2 hoots either way, add into the mix that whole groups may need moved to accommodate it depending on where it goes, and it therefore will likely never happen.
Like every club has moved people to accommodate this.

Rangers and the fans seem to be one of the only clubs not willing to move fans for this

What was said about the castore deal, I must have missed that? The accounts didn’t include bonus payments for high sales?

I appreciate that mate, but I believe in democracy.

82% from where I'm standing (pun intended)
is pretty conclusive.

We really need to be forward thinking, honestly try going to a few Bundesliga games and tell me we aren't miles behind in how we treat our own?
I’m not saying I don’t want it. What I’m saying is if I didn’t want it and it was me that had to make way for it, I would be happy. I’d object to it, like they are. It also should not be in the BF, which then causes more issues.

Like every club has moved people to accommodate this.

Rangers and the fans seem to be one of the only clubs not willing to move fans for this

Chelsea turned the West Stand Upper (equivalent of our Club Deck) into a full stand of hospitality. The message was basically prize freeze for one season then pay up or move out.

There will be no urgency for safe standing by the club because its a cost rather than a revenue generating opportunity.

I've suggested in here and another thread a small standing area over 1 or 2 sections with a slightly increased ticket price to cover the costs. BF1 and 2 where most already stand anybody.

Safe standing is a hot topic, but I really hope they focus on the disabled fans first, they have no shelter, its a pain in general.

I am glad it was brought up. I am not a wheelchair user but they deserve better facilities than what is on offer
For as long as I can remember under this board disabled access and safe standing has been brought up. Folk have always said the disabled fans need catered for first.

Years down the like and nada.

Lip service is paid to fans. Couldn’t care less about us.

Anonymous guy. Glad to be at an AGM where it is about the actual club - it’s not for everyone.

Rangers held to a different standard than other clubs. What about Hunza and Dornan? All the time we have these negative MSPs which we never seem to get feedback from the club on. Brand protection and vilification of fans important - tell a lie often enough ..

David Graham - we hold media to account, all we do has best of Rangwrs at heart - balance and fairness is all we look for. 1986 when I was born David Holmes the then chairman wa complaining about same thing. Our response is long term process and probably best more scalpel than chainsaw.
Just because it was happening in 1986 doesn't mean we can't try to challenge it now. We came out all guns blazing about the doctored video then absolutely nothing came of it. Banning Sutton etc is their easy way out instead of targeting the real problem in Scotland.

There’s actually posters on here claiming that the matchday experience isn’t a “priority”.

The board should have left the AGM and went straight into planning how they are going to better accommodate our wheelchair users. They deserve a better view of the game, and some sort of shelter further up where they aren’t getting completely soaked.

Then they should formulate a plan of how they are going to accommodate 3/4k of us who want to be part of a safe standing section across the whole Broomloan Front.

The two reasons I go to the football are to enjoy the product on the pitch and to enjoy my day out.

I’d love to turn up early outside the ground, get a pint of beer and one of they big hot dogs with proper sausage meat they serve you up in Germany:))

Then make my way into a safe standing section, alongside like minded supporters.

We seem to have it sorted on the pitch but the matchday experience should always be a “priority” for the board. It’s so lacking it’s unreal.

The vermin had their safe standing section open for the 2016-17 season - 5 years ago. Ever since then, when the board have been asked about it, we have been fobbed off with "looking into it", "feasability study" etc. Now Roberston has the neck to say that the feasability study has been held up because of Covid. Aye, right. He really must think our heads zip up at the back. Why can't they just tell us the truth, whatever that is ?

Id gladly see CF made safe standing, and I have knee issues!

Lock CF2 CF3 CF4 seats up and then move folk either side that dont want to stand. Its not “my seat” really, more a rented seat.

OR expand UB area and give them a more prominent position. Livi atmosphere showed up Ibrox for what it is, a morgue of negativity.

FS, what do you actually want?
I’m not talking about club success, I’m talking about us as fans actually having a decent matchday. Where you can turn up and get decent food outside the stadium and inside. Safe Standing section allowing us to have fans who are committed to cheering the team on for 90 minutes. Things like that, they aren’t hard out of reach for the club.

Thanks for the updates Mark.

On safe standing, I’m too old to be interested myself but it’s clear there is appetite and it would improve the atmosphere.

If the fans set up a fund and show they could pay for the implementation, would the club be interested then?

Back