MOTM Poll Rangers v Dundee - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morelos was poor.

Aye, OK.

Missed two good chances, but his general play, especially in the second half, was good.

Rangers played some great football today & Morelos was a vital part of that.
We are all entitled to our opinions Grigo. I don’t agree with plenty on here and so now and then people can disagree with me too.

Exactly. I thought Morelos was poor, goal aside. Great display by Sakala and very unlucky not to score.
Explain why you think he was poor? He really had a really good game and he will not only get back to his unplayable best under the new manager and staff but I believe will go to the next level!! And surely thats what we all want right? Crazy I even have to ask that!!

Routine home win. Got the zero (just in the end :D).

Other than that it was attack v defence for pretty much the whole game. Has to be one of our most dominant performances in a long time and it could have been six or seven.

Credit to Gio for utilizing the squad well again today.

Exactly. I thought Morelos was poor, goal aside. Great display by Sakala and very unlucky not to score.
Alfie.jpg

I thought Morelos had a funny game today. Lots of very good stuff, some not so good. There was a moment where he turned the defender brilliantly only to then pass straight to a Dundee player. He could/should have had a hat trick but a combination of a poor finish and a great save denied him. Worked non stop though and was very clever at his goal which he deserved.

Best performance of the season so far for me! Nobody had a bad game.

Thought Aribo, Arfield, Sakala and Barisic stood out.

3 cleans sheets in Gio's first 4 games is the big positive for me. Get the win next Sunday at Tynecastle any way possible then were into 3 home game in a row.

Borna is definitely getting back close to his best, which is great to see.

You’re ignoring his point.

Open your mind & answer him objectively.

We’re you there the day v Dundee when Ally was being told to get to %^*& by so called Rangers fans ?

Does it matter? Comparing Morelos to McCoist is ridiculous, look a love Alfie he's just not clinical enough imo, that's the frustrating thing, he is due criticism, shadow of the player he was in previous seasons.

Some posters are utterly mental when it comes to Morelos being criticised.

And some posters don’t understand why Rangers fans want to ignore evidence in front of their eyes to criticise Rangers players unfairly Scotty.

Morelos has struggled this season, but he did a lot of really good things today & his effort was very good.

Could he have had another two goals ?

Very probably, but they weren’t sitters like Goldson’s miss at Hampden or Aribo miss v Sparta.

Really? Comparing McCoist to Morelos you can't be serious.
Are you really so dumb as to read this from my post?
I actually expect such as this from that other poster but I thought there would only one like him:).
Actually, there is nothing wrong with comparing McCoist and Morelos.
What would be wrong would be suggest Morelos is a better striker.
Anyway, just for clarity, the point I’m trying to convey is that all strikers miss chances.
Kane, Sterling, Salah, Lukaku, Ronaldo, them too.

And some posters don’t understand why Rangers fans want to ignore evidence in front of their eyes to criticise Rangers players unfairly Scotty.

Morelos has struggled this season, but he did a lot of really good things today & his effort was very good.

Could he have had another two goals ?

Very probably, but they weren’t sitters like Goldson’s miss at Hampden or Aribo miss v Sparta.
This is where I see the issue, look at the 2 chances he’s missed they were just as bad as the 2 Sakala had missed in the first half but nobody mentions them. Both players had very good games and both players being strikers will also miss chances but they’ll also score regularly.

Are you really so dumb as to read this from my post?
I actually expect such as this from that other poster but I thought there would only one like him:).
Actually, there is nothing wrong with comparing McCoist and Morelos.
What would be wrong would be suggest Morelos is a better striker.
Anyway, just for clarity, the point I’m trying to convey is that all strikers miss chances.
Kane, Sterling, Salah, Lukaku, Ronaldo, them too.

Cheers appreciate you calling another Rangers fan dumb for daring to criticise Morelos who has been off it all season.

Does it matter? Comparing Morelos to McCoist is ridiculous, look a love Alfie he's just not clinical enough imo, that's the frustrating thing, he is due criticism, shadow of the player he was in previous seasons.

You’re ignoring his record in Europe of course aren’t you ? As that’s far better.

Domestically, obviously not as good as Ally, but there again Ally is regarded as the clubs best ever striker.

The point that was asked by Tazza was about Ally also missing many many chances. The day I refer to he missed 5 sitters. And for the record, yes I backed him up & was almost in a fight with my best mate over the abuse he was getting. Now people are trying to re write history.

And of course Morelos has been disappointing this season, no question, but he’s a Rangers player who is trying his best to get to his optimum level again, and today was a step forward for him.

Cheers appreciate you calling another Rangers fan dumb for daring to criticise Morelos who has been off it all season.
I’m not calling the poster dumb for not agreeing with me about how excellent Morelos was.
I‘m calling him dumb for his interpretation of my post allegedly comparing Morelos to McCoist.

You’re ignoring his record in Europe of course aren’t you ? As that’s far better.

Domestically, obviously not as good as Ally, but there again Ally is regarded as the clubs best ever striker.

The point that was asked by Tazza was about Ally also missing many many chances. The day I refer to he missed 5 sitters. And for the record, yes I backed him up & was almost in a fight with my best mate over the abuse he was getting. Now people are trying to re write history.

And of course Morelos has been disappointing this season, no question, but he’s a Rangers player who is trying his best to get to his optimum level again, and today was a step forward for him.

Agree mate let's hope gio gets the best out of him in the coming months.

This is where I see the issue, look at the 2 chances he’s missed they were just as bad as the 2 Sakala had missed in the first half but nobody mentions them. Both players had very good games and both players being strikers will also miss chances but they’ll also score regularly.

Exactly Opta, he missed two genuine good chances, but others are judged to a different level.

We even had people suggest Roofe should start because he had a good chest pass to Arfield on Wednesday.

Our manager, and his predecessor, both world class players, both favour Morelos. The facts are there.

And for this bear it’s easy to see why.

Just home from the game and pretty pleased with that performance.
Lots to be encouraged about, everybody played pretty well, subs were good too and looks like we got a bit of depth again.
Just a pity they couldn't take some more of the plenty of chances we created.

Back