MOTM Poll Rangers v Dundee - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought there was a pace and directness to Rangers play today that had been absent for the better part of the season. Has Gio asked them to cut out the over-elaboration in midfield and instead drive directly at opponents to open them up?

Wright was brilliant when he came on.
great performance
I think brilliant is a massive stretch. His paced caused them problems but he let himself down when in good positions and tried to beat his opponent after already beating him.

They were put away easily, we absolutely dominated them.

Some of you seriously need to realise real life isn't fucking FIFA or something.

72% possession and 3-0 win and the throbbers are giving it

NoTgOoDeNoUgH

We all want the same thing, and that's Rangers putting teams away. We've already drew 3 games at home this season, which should have been won. These were needless points dropped.

I voted for fashion jnr for motm on entertainment value alone,only thing missing today was a goal.from the off he ran the Dundee defense ragged.joe aribo was outstanding as well

Very good performance and result today, very quick and smooth in attack at times with intensity right up to the final minute. Everyone's work rate looked spot on too.

Rate Alfie out of 10 today?

7/8. Would have given him an 8/9 if he’d performed in first half like he did second. Pity he hasn’t played that way more often and here’s hoping he kicks on.

Now let’s see if you can attempt a constructive response that doesn’t attempt to belittle a fellow fan.

Our most complete performance for a while. If GVB has this affect with minimal time on the training pitch then we will only get better after the January break. Players much more confident and look to be enjoying their football.

Brilliant performance all round today real change in our intensity these last 4 games.Thought bacuna and Wright both played well when we came on too,good to know we can have players like Kent and Davis get a rest and have quality coming in to replace them

That's one goal conceded in 4 games since Gio took over.
It's very pleasing that he's rectified our slack defending and made us much more solid.
I'm being a bit picky, but we do have to be much more ruthless in front of goal. We're creating plenty of chances but not taking enough of them.
Still very pleasing result and performance.
There's so much more to come from many players. Feel like Sakala's still finding his feet. Alfie out of shape, Jack just coming back. Kent's still not right. Wright & Bacuna looking not bad when they came on too. We're looking good going forward.

So you won’t be happy or comfortable until we’re three up?

When our defence has been conceding stupid goals, like at Hampden recently, then yes. We were 0-3 down in the first 45 minutes. I think we can agree that we've been repeatedly poor in our decision making in front of goal. ? Yes, a win is a win, but we could make life a lot easier for ourselves by putting chances away.

Voted Borna, for the simple fact he looked like the Borna we all know from last season. First time this campaign and moving forward this season if this is a sign of things to come from him it will be massive. Could have picked any of the starting 11 in the MOTM poll tbh, in Gio we trust

Rate Alfie out of 10 today?

7/8. Would have given him an 8/9 if he’d performed in first half like he did second. Pity he hasn’t played that way more often and here’s hoping he kicks on.

Now let’s see if you can attempt a constructive response that doesn’t attempt to belittle a fellow fan.
Oh and BTW, the only difference between 1st and 2nd half was he scored

Not much difference in how he played overall from half to half

Couldn’t make it due to Illness but managed to watch on RTV
thought we were so slick and fluid at times, I’m enjoying the new formation, it seems to suit our players.
The team are buying into Gio by the looks of it
4/4 wins and only 1 goal conceded, keep it up Bears.

Spend less time worrying what I'm posting and more time trying to understand football

Alfie was very, very good today

Pretty sure I have a good understanding mate, unless strikers are meant to miss gilt edged chances.

Alfie was good today overall, doesn't excuse those 2 chances being passed up.

I suggest a sugar free drink for you and hopefully you'll calm down.

Excellent team performance. Every player gave 100%. Morelos getting pelters on here earlier, but I thought he had a very good game and took his goal really well. Great stuff Rangers!
He had a good 2nd half, 1st half he was slow and lethargic and his passing was deplorable imo and if it was up to me he would have been subbed but 2nd half he came alive and his goal typified the performances we all used to love from him

Couldn’t make it due to Illness but managed to watch on RTV
thought we were so slick and fluid at times, I’m enjoying the new formation, it seems to suit our players.
The team are buying into Gio by the looks of it
4/4 wins and only 1 goal conceded, keep it up Bears.

Really enjoyed that, great performance, against a side we struggled against at Dens Park.
I cannot believe a few people are moaning!

Get well soon fellow positive bear!

Very good performance by all the players. Aribo and Sakala were the standouts, they were very good. Our defence is starting to look a lot better again, I think GVB has got the team playing far better in a short period of a time.

Solid 7 and was generally all round really good, linking up well, leading the line and starting to see the difference and change with the new setup and tactics that will bring the best out of him!! For me still easily the best striker we have and in the league!!

Agree with this, thought Alfie was excellent, a couple of poor finishes aside.
He kept his head up, worked hard, linked well and got his reward.

So morelos shouldn't have done much better with the two first half chances? I think that's a pretty solid opinion? But you're obviously some footballing guru.
By
Seriously mate, you've been replying to everyone on this thread with the slightest criticism like a hysterical woman, away have a lie down. You'll pish your frillies at this rate.
The guys a troll btw. Blocked him midweek for it. Would advise everyone not to bite.

Couldn't make game due to working today, but seems that we're continuing to improve under Gio.

Nice to see no silly goals conceded again, been a marked improvement in this area.

Really enjoyed that, great performance, against a side we struggled against at Dens Park.
I cannot believe a few people are moaning!

Get well soon fellow positive bear!
Cheers mate, I was still sitting at 1pm trying to convince myself I was for to go.
I genuinely can’t see why there’s moans today. We were lovely to watch at times.

We played very well today. I thought our passing was a lot quicker today and we were moving the ball about with ease.

I thought Fashion had a pretty good game today he did everything bar score. Mind you the keeper had to make a couple of decent saves to keep him out. My MOTM has to go to Joe Aribo who seems to be enjoying the free more forward role he's been given by Gio. He was very good today.

Give it a rest ffs. You’ve got the same obnoxious party line for anyone that disagrees with you. Stop sensationalising legitimate opinions from fellow fans, It’s embarrassing.

You talk about football maybe not being for other posters. I put it to you that Rangers may not be the club for you. The way you attempt to bring other fans opinions down is not reflective of our values or ethos.

That nonsense is better placed for the other side of the city. I’ll drive you.
What a state to get into when we just had our best showing of the season , be happy ffs.

Barisic man of the half closely followed by Aribo, Arfield and Morelos

Some of the criticism of Morelos today has been way OTT and, imo, simply agenda-driven, one poor finish and one excellent save doesn’t negate a half in which he has totally ran the show up top and been instrumental in every attack
Not sure about Borna. Thought he was better than recently but Aribo and Morelos my 2 standouts followed by Sakala

Thanks Tam.

I’ll never apologise for supporting our players mate.
Like I said mate wish there were more of us that felt and did the same!! Honestly don't get the needless negativity toward our players at times when unjustified mostly and stems from their individual dislike of them for whatever reason(in my opinion) or bipolar emotional reaction after a bad result, which I think can be forgiven and understood, it means so much to all of us!! But that aside, it goes beyond that with some, short memories and just being against certain players and always looking to put the boot in and can't wait to reiterate their opinion and rhetoric "told us so" being proved right all along when we lose or said player has a bad game etc even though it's to the detriment of our team!! Don't get it!!

Back