Sunday’s games of football

There's a fairly simple explanation for the the argument going on in this thread.

When the biggest club in the country comes to town, the players and fans of the home team are more up for it than any other game.

That's what Rangers face and we're doing ok with it, as things stand.
Also Celtic happen to be the 2nd best team in the country and will beat most of them, most weeks.

We've all sussed celtics style of play and irs a style they need to play. All out attack and heavy pressure first half hoping they can score enough goals and then just defend. Albeit it can be entertaining for the scum but against better quality oppositions they will get hammered.

Their squad overall aint good enough to play like us or the style they usually play. Patient passing and breaking teams down

The team in 10th are on 15 conceded. The team in first are on 14.

I don't think this means as much as you think it does.
I think when they’ve only conceded 10 goals in 16 league games it’s time for the “ everything’s cool they are terrible at the back “ stuff to be put to bed. I think we are better than them and will prove it in the games ahead but the level of self delusion about how bad that mob are is a tad much now

Has Rogic ever played a full 90 in his professional career?
Serious question, even watching when he played for Australia he was always pulled by 60-70 mins huffing and puffing.

Serious question, even watching when he played for Australia he was always pulled by 60-70 mins huffing and puffing.
I genuinely thought he was about 36 , couldn’t believe it when I seen how young he is. Don’t watch much of them but haven’t seen him last 90 ever against us

A 3-0 win at one of the traditional hard away grounds . Lying to yourself if you don’t think it’s a good result for that lot .

This league title will be decided by the remaining 3 old firm games . No other team in this league will do us favour . Will take 90 points to win this league

Want another conspiracy? Why do we end up with hibs hearts and aberdeen away all more a less in a row. Tims get teams like st mirren and Ross county at home? Hmmmmm happens often

Rochdale v Plymouth on stv just now

Salford v Chesterfield itv4 at 4.30

A bit more like proper compared to the inflated EPL.

I think you need to go all the way back to Thursday for the last time he did that. Don't ask me how I know that.

A 3-0 win at one of the traditional hard away grounds . Lying to yourself if you don’t think it’s a good result for that lot .

This league title will be decided by the remaining 3 old firm games . No other team in this league will do us favour . Will take 90 points to win this league

We don't need anyone to do us a favour we are 4 points clear, unless you aren't a Rangers supporter I suppose ;)

Why? What is the motivation?

It’s nonsense.

Last season loads of teams took points of them and very few took points off us.
If it’s accepted that it happens with Aberdeen, then it happens. By extension it may or may not happen to a degree with the other teams too. Matter of opinion of course. I’ve made mine clear. Results and points dropped are not conclusive in proving one side or the other. E.g our game against the paisley shower, we had to fight tooth and nail but we took 3 points. Same points as if they’d lay down in the end. It’s not black and white.

When was the last time they beat us?

The old firm games will be the reality check in between them beating pish.

Dundee utd took a point at the piggery a few weeks ago so it’s nothing to do with them not trying.

It’s just that they are utter shite.

Us losing 1-0 to such muck says a lot about the state we were in earlier in the season.
Well, it is. Today they're not trying anything like they did in that game. They've applied no pressure from the first minute of the game. Whether that's instructions, an off day, inconsistency or whatever you can bet your bottom dollar they'd have tried harder against us today.

You don't understand why the rest of the country hates the most successful team?

I imagine it happens in every country.
Different level in the Scottish cesspit though, could you imagine Liverpool or Man Utd being dumped in the 4th division and not being allowed to sign any players?

I think we are going to have to accept we have a real title fight on our hands. I was hoping we’d have stretched our lead in the table by tonight. This mob don’t sound like they going away.
If it stays this close its going to get real dirty, pressure will be getting ramped right up on officials.

They have already lost four games have they not?

“By far”

4 goals.
Yeh I’m aware it’s 4 goals. 4 goals less conceded than us. But but but “ their defence is mince” what does that make ours ?

As I say we are the better side and if we get to January with any kind of lead or even level with them , I’m 100% confident we will kick on and win the title. My point was people are flogging a dead horse now still banging on about their defence because the fact is they have the best defensive record in the league.

At the end of the day it only matters what we do, win at tynecastle we then have a good run of home games to keep the pressure up

Back