Sunday’s games of football

“Without kyogo and jota they are nothing”, both not scoring today, still a comfortable 3-0 win. Title race is on this season, thankfully we are better all round although January transfer window will be massive for us.
Whilst I agree we have a title fight on our hands, I cannot see how they can physically keep that tempo up in the final third of the season. Continuing that pace and pressing for a full season in Scotland would take some doing. Especially for players in the mould of Ralston, Rogic, Turnbull etc.

I didn't say every player.
Ok so some Aberdeen players were trying and some weren't, and the players who were trying never bothered about this?
Aberdeen hate us i get that but what you are saying is that certain players in the team deliberately lost and the rest of the players, manager and coaches didn't mind and even picked the same players who deliberately lost time after time is that what you are saying?

Three EPL games going just now and none of them seem to be on the TV.
What's going on here? I thought Amazon maybe had today's games but none of them seem to be shown anywhere today?
Sky didn't picked a game for 2pm today originally due to other fixture issues Wolves v Liverpool and Watford v Man City had to be yesterday due to playing CL on Tuesday

The 3 games are due to playing on Thursday night

Last edited:
Whilst I agree we have a title fight on our hands, I cannot see how they can physically keep that tempo up in the final third of the season. Continuing that pace and pressing for a full season in Scotland would take some doing. Especially for players in the mould of Ralston, Rogic, Turnbull etc.

Think a bit of wishful thinking going on. Any Rangers fan who doesn't believe we are in a serious title race is deluding themselves.

Celtic will definitely strengthen in January as they have money too spend. We on the other hand are constrained by being penniless and unless we sell big we'll be back to the Bargain Basement Bosmans again.

Yeh I’m aware it’s 4 goals. 4 goals less conceded than us. But but but “ their defence is mince” what does that make ours ?

As I say we are the better side and if we get to January with any kind of lead or even level with them , I’m 100% confident we will kick on and win the title. My point was people are flogging a dead horse now still banging on about their defence because the fact is they have the best defensive record in the league.

At the end of the day it only matters what we do, win at tynecastle we then have a good run of home games to keep the pressure up
They're defensive players, individually, are mince though. Not a single one would even make our bench. Why they concede so few goals isn't down to how good, or not, the back players are, it's the constant pressure they apply from the front and midfield players, where they do have some talent, limiting what chances their opposition get. As soon as that backline faces genuine pressure, in the Europa or against us, for example, they buckle. Starfelt, bombscare, would've been off today if McGregor wasn't tracking back. Vickers is a decent defender but nowhere near £10m good, Walsh is pish, the Croatian boy is decent going forward but tiny and pretty poor defensively. Ralston has been one of there best players defensively this season and our back up rb and O'Donnell keep him out the Scotland team. They're pish, it's actually getting at them from constantly being under the kosh that's the issue for Spfl teams that's the problem.

Courts doing the interview equivalent of exposing his arse to Celtic there. Clearly one of them.
Take it from me he’s a MASSIVE Celtic fan as is his brother Conrad,both played at Kelty hearts while one of my relatives was there jumping about the changing rooms after their own game if the smellies won..facteeto

Think a bit of wishful thinking going on. Any Rangers fan who doesn't believe we are in a serious title race is deluding themselves.

Celtic will definitely strengthen in January as they have money too spend. We on the other hand are constrained by being penniless and unless we sell big we'll be back to the Bargain Basement Bosmans again.
I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you there mate. However we also have better players, a stronger squad and more gears to go than that mob. We do have a fight on our hands, no doubt about that, but we have more than enough to deal with them.

They downed tools and refused to play for Lennon.
They were 2 points better of at this same stage last season. So actually had more points with Lennon going into the 2nd Old Firm.

Its funny because this time a week ago the tims were basically accusing Livingston of not bothering against us.

Think the years of not having proper title races has made some of us and some of them lose a bit of perspective. There will be plenty of points dropped but it's often quite difficult to predict exactly where and when.

2010-11 season we dropped points drawing with Inverness home and away and losing to Hibs (H), Hearts (A), Dundee United (H). 2 defeats and a draw with tims.

Tims lost away to Hearts, three back to back draws with Dundee United, Inverness and Killie at home, draw away to Hamilton, defeats away to Motherwell and Inverness.

No way anyone predicts those results.

Nothing to do with teams lying down etc.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you there mate. However we also have better players, a stronger squad and more gears to go than that mob. We do have a fight on our hands, no doubt about that, but we have more than enough to deal with them.
That's more or less my view on it.

They have improved since last year, but they will still fall short this season when it comes to the league.

Theyl probably win the league cup which will give them a wee boost, but hopefully they fall back to earth with a bang on 2nd January.

Unfortunately for us, they're not just going to fold like last season. They have a few decent players compared to last season, but good news is we have new manager as well who is making us look better every week, we have more strength in depth as well.

I think a lot will depend on injuries and who they sign in January.

They seem to drop points at home as well

As @Tailwind said yesterday, most on here are clueless about football. When in denial they result to the only five letter word in their vocabulary to describe everything.

On Saturday we had posters raging at our team selection before the match kicked off.

The yahoos aren't going away but the nuts already have us winning the title. These same nuts will be panicking when we go to the piggery in January. Just look at the match thread when that day comes. You can spot them a mile away as they will post how nervous they are, even though they think we will destroy them as they have the "worst" defence of all time.

I think we can hold on and win the title but it is far from over.

They were 2 points better of at this same stage last season. So actually had more points with Lennon going into the 2nd Old Firm.

Its funny because this time a week ago the tims were basically accusing Livingston of not bothering against us.

Think the years of not having proper title races has made some of us and some of them lose a bit of perspective. There will be plenty of points dropped but it's often quite difficult to predict exactly where and when.

2010-11 season we dropped points drawing with Inverness home and away and losing to Hibs (H), Hearts (A), Dundee United (H). 2 defeats and a draw with tims.

Tims lost away to Hearts, three back to back draws with Dundee United, Inverness and Killie at home, draw away to Hamilton, defeats away to Motherwell and Inverness.

No way anyone predicts those results.

Nothing to do with teams lying down etc.
The two separate streams of points are equally important. Points against each other, and points against the rest. Although I’d imagine OF games generally balance out so I think the points against the rest are actually more important in terms of where the title ends up.

Having said that, OF games will play a huge part in how happy we are overall.

We are hardly penniless and they ain't exactly flush. Obviously January is important but not as grim as your making out.

So much for Celtic dropping points today. Never saw the match but a stroll in the park at 3-0.

We are in a title fight no matter how shit some think they are.

The standard of women's football is shockingly hilarious.
Was thinking the same. I was expecting a good game. These are apparently the best two women's teams in England. Piss poor game with laughable lack of ball control. And the commentators seem oblivious as to the rules

We heard the same last season till about February in terms of your first paragraph. In terms of January they will certainly TRY to strengthen but as we all know there is no guarantee spending money gets you success.

We are stronger in every department and will prove it over the course of the season.

Unfortunately for us, they're not just going to fold like last season. They have a few decent players compared to last season, but good news is we have new manager as well who is making us look better every week, we have more strength in depth as well.

I think a lot will depend on injuries and who they sign in January.

They seem to drop points at home as well

It's mad that anyone ever thought they would fold again or that we would get such a huge points total again.

For me, the media spin on their season has been "the club was a mess and if they win the league this year it will be the biggest miracle of all time". Basically trying to hijack the way the story of our 55th title win was told.

The actual truth is that the tims have spent a ton of money on new players and have also got rid of almost all of the deadwood from their squad. In the context of the SPL, that level of spending should almost guarantee the title. The only difference now is that we have built up a great squad over the past few years.

Too many of our fans bought into the narrative "Celtic are a shambles and need a miracle to win the league" when the reality is "Celtic have invested heavily in their playing squad and got rid of deadwood and have a fair chance of winning the league".

Put it this way if the tims did win the title then for sure you won't be hearing the media talking about how we had a disinterested Gerrard in charge until mid-November and then lost our entire management team just before an absolutely massive run of fixtures. Nope, it'll all be about the "miracle".

In any case, they went into the 2nd Old Firm last season having dropped 11 points in 18 games and their collapse really didn't begin until that 2nd OF game when they dropped 12 points in 6 games. They still managed a 5 game winning run between losing at home to St Mirren and losing away to Ross County. The most they have managed so far this season is 4 consecutive wins.

Leeds are not having a good time this season.
Really struggling. As are Everton, who's plight seems have gone under the radar to a degree. They are currently a point worse off than Leeds if the result at Elland Road stays the same. Everton play Arsenal tomorrow.

hearts have now made their 2nd sub after 30mins, 1 through injury and the other tactical as livi are all over them.

Today at Tannadice is why folk were losing the plot at us throwing away stupid points at home earlier this season. It is easier for Celtc to win trophies and titles in Scotland when the opposition barely lift a leg. We, however, face a physical battle in every League game we play.

We are hardly penniless and they ain't exactly flush. Obviously January is important but not as grim as your making out.
In Scottish football terms they’ve spent huge every window or season for years now.

Not been anything to worry about recently

Of course we are in a title race it's far too early to say otherwise but it's not as doom and gloom as you make out either. We don't need to sell even but even if we manage 1 or 2 good loans in we will be fine.

We’ve been saying that all season, come October Kyogo will be gubbed, they’ll be shattered blah blah, its december and they aint letting up. We have 4 weeks off in January to reset too. They’ll also recruit in January so its gonna be harder than people think.

Back