Europa league draw

Only team I’d be desperate to avoid is Dortmund, Barca/Leipzig/Atalanta would all be tough as well but tend to think %^*& it we’d give it a good go if we turned up - from a practical standpoint would also be a good gauge to see how we match up against a team of that level in preparation for what is hopefully our return to the Champions League next season.

Teams around the Porto/Zenit level very do-able, and Sheriff despite being undoubtedly ‘tricky’ are the obvious choice for easiest potential progression. Should be a good game whoever we get, either to have a good shout of reaching the last 16 or to test ourselves against some right good teams. Bring it on !

There are reasons for and against everyone.

Zenit - get revenge, but travel to furthest Russia.

Dortmund & Leipzig - glamour ties, but Germany are cutting allocations.

Barca - Speaks for itself, but Spanish police are cunts.

Sheriff - Probably the easiest draw (although they did beat Real Madrid at the Bernabeu), but their stadium is shite, Moldova is far and their star man is a former Progres player.

Porto - We know we can beat them, but we just played them.

Benfica - see Porto.

Whoever we get I'm just happy we're there after a rotten start.

Agree as Germany have cut fans attending and sheriff only holds about 20 thousand
Hope we draw benfica if possible
Easy to get to and Lisbon is nice
Sheriff’s stadium only holds 12,700. They would probably be the pick of the teams if you want to progress, but it would be a nightmare for tickets.

A glamour tie would be lovely but given the failure in the CL I think looking to have best chance of progression is the priority so the likes of Barca, Dortmund etc would be second choice to drawing a much lesser name.

Not Box Office perhaps but the campaign would be much more likely to continue and as we progress a glamour game is basically assured anyway so win-win.

Anyone else find it depressing that the we're going to be up against CL team with this new "play off" round.. is there anything left for UEFA to do to gear the competition for the bigger clubs?

Whatever happened to cup competitions being luck of the draw!

Any draw will be very hard

Anyone else find it depressing that the we're going to be up against CL team with this new "play off" round.. is there anything left for UEFA to do to gear the competition for the bigger clubs?

Whatever happened to cup competitions being luck of the draw!

Any draw will be very hard

I don't find the possibility of facing Barca or Dortmund depressing at all.

Depressing is QotS in the challenge cup.

Dortmund for me as my daughter lives not far from there and I'd love take her to the game, however. as has previously been mentioned, attendance has been severely reduced in the last few weeks because of Covid :rolleyes:

These threads always make me smile. In every other facet of our support of the Club the mantra ‘the Club comes first’ applies.

Start a thread about who we draw in Europe and the majority are focussed on what’s the best trip for them rather than what tie gives the Club the best chance of progression. Selfish.;):)

Of course Sherif Tiraspol is the best draw as it represents the best chance of progression. Every other club in the draw with us will, like Rangers, be hoping to get Sherif.

Last edited:
If Benfica do the business at home to Dynamo Kiev then Barcelona need to win at Bayern to go through.

So looking likely Barcelona will finish 3rd.

always fancied a trip to st peterburg. Their stadium looks great also so that would be my choice

Love to get any German team but with there being stadium restrictions in place it would certainly be a worry if fans would even be allowed to attend come feb

Back