Lundstram

If a decent offer came in for him, I would sell him. He just doesn’t fit into our style of play
Was willing to give him the botd after a few motm performances earlier in the season, but that was an absolute stinker today when he was given his chance. Never available for a pass from the CBs, never passed it forwards, had to be moved out of the DM position after running past the ball and exposing our CBs with utd in possession. He was lost out there.

In the same way he can't play with Davis, as proved earlier in the season, he can't play with Kamara either. He'd be fine playing as the anchor on his own.

As a few have said already, he wasn't the only poor performer today.

Hospitality must be serving LSD now as well as alcohol, because whoever chose Ianis Hagi for Man of the Match was surely tripping out their box!

How about instead of making excuses that he can't play with player a or player b, we are just honest and admit he isn't good enough.

He's an English lower league plodder that had 1 decent season in top flight. He wouldn't be the best player at a Hearts or Hibs. Yet he is reportedly our top earner!

For me it's not Lundstram as a player, it's Lundstram not working with the players he's generally been picked alongside. Think him and Kamara don't work and it's not necessarily that Lundstram himself slows the play down, it's the balance of the team with both of them in it.

Would like to see Lundstram at the base of the midfield, with Arfield and Aribo in front. Wouldn't drop Kamara to do that, of course, but I think that's the last hope that there's a long term spot for Lundstram here as anything other than a player to see games out when we're up.
He can't play DM. He doesn't play like a defensive player, doesn't spot danger. A liability in that position.

He’s a decent player and would do a job in a team thats set up to not be broken down and would do a job in a team that’s fighting relegation in the EPL but as said above he just doesn’t suit our style of play.

Haven't seen anything but is Davis injured?, just can't work out why GVB would choose to play Lundstrum or Kamara in a role he's vastly superior in.

How about instead of making excuses that he can't play with player a or player b, we are just honest and admit he isn't good enough.

He's an English lower league plodder that had 1 decent season in top flight. He wouldn't be the best player at a Hearts or Hibs. Yet he is reportedly our top earner!
Because he showed in a short spell earlier in the season when he played as the sole '6' that there actually is a player there.

Don't get me wrong, he's behind Kamara and Davis in the pecking order and rightly so, but I don't think he's a poor as you're making out.

I do think he's surplus to requirements in this squad due to his place in the aforementioned pecking order and would gladly see us cash in on him in January and replace him with someone with more of a box to box style.

I don't think he is suited to playing in a midfield that dominates the ball for 90 mins most games. Too slow and his passes always seem just ever so slightly off, behind the player.

And I still don't know how to spell his f'ing name. :))
‘Behind the player’ is something that infuriates me and all around us for 90 mins.
Slow passes…
Why not in front…
Goldson and Bassey the worst today

I don’t quite know what the folk claiming he is slow have been watching. It’s a myth started by some numbskull on here that is carrying on

He was the fastest player at Sheffield Utd and covered the most distance when they were in the Premier league.

But just to humour you I’ll give you your slower player. MOTM today

How anyone can say a player next to Hagi is slow must watch football with a balaclava on back to front.

He is slow. Slow in thought, slow on the turn and slow to move the ball in any other directions than backwards.

He might be relatively quick over a set distance. Who cares, when all of the above is abundantly clear to anyone with a set of eyes?

I just don't think he has a clue how to play the roles he has been given. The Alashkert game set the alarm bells ringing for me. He never looks as though he is comfortable in the positions he finds himself. I would like him to be a success, but unless he can integrate himself into our style of play then doubt he will be here long term.

A good player that just isn’t suited to playing in a team that dominates the football

Was there not an interview in which it was stated that an actual tactic at Sheffield United was for Lundstram to avoid possession of the ball and aim to time runs in to the box. That certainly rings a bell.

If that is the case, it's alarming that we ever thought he would fit in to a side that has +65% of the ball in 90% of matches we play.

He played fine. Taken off for tactical reasons.
Take the blinkers off pal, he was in to replace Aribo and he was 2 feet in front of Goldson the whole of the first half. This is a guy that has played for teams on the back foot in games, totally not suited to Rangers. Punt him and get him off the wage bill.

Lundstram played ok and no where near as bad as people make out.

Gio got it wrong first half with line up and tactics, it can happen and he corrected it.

How Lundstram gets a thread and Hagi doesn't...I can't wait to see the back of him. Horrific.
Hagi getting MOTM is more baffling than most refereeing decisions I’ve seen at Ibrox in 15+ years

Reactions: TCB
If a decent offer came in for him, I would sell him. He just doesn’t fit into our style of play
Totally agree, January or the summer and his value will be still be decent to English teams. He came here to play under Gerrard, I doubt he will dig his heels in to stay around. We should make some money on him given we got him for free.

He’s had the best part of half a season to impress now.

He hasn’t.

For him to be the best paid player on the team beggars belief and makes me think it was some kind of Scouse pension plan between him and SG.

Offers very little. Would results differ greatly if he never played?

Would rather bring a kid through than waste anymore time with this fella.

Been a terrible signing who couldn't be any less suited to our way of playing, I've barely seen this guy break out of a jog in his whole time with us. We're going to have to take a hit on him either way as any team having to fork out a fee will unlikely match the wages we'll be paying him.

Why won’t we get money for him?
Only my opinion but I would think the club would rather free up his wage.The other thing is he isn't going to go to an EPL team so it would be Championship at best and even then it won't be a high flying championship team so a club like that would be spending money on wages rather than a transfer fee.

Only my opinion but I would think the club would rather free up his wage.The other thing is he isn't going to go to an EPL team so it would be Championship at best and even then it won't be a high flying championship team so a club like that would be spending money on wages rather than a transfer fee.
Agreed.

Oh sorry mate, I didn't know you were told he was worth £8million (but you are happy to accept £2million?) lol. Let me ask my parents why you are like this.
It was common knowledge that this guy was a premiership player who was out of contract so a blind donkey gets bought for millions in that league. I would be over the moon to get £2 million for this donkey and rid of a substantial cost to our wage structure. More than happy for Ross to work his magic and sell him for more. I do agree this guy is rubbish but our rubbish is the championships player of the year. WATP.

He’s not tie worst player that ever existed as some would make out.

He just serves no purpose in our system and playing against teams that put 10 men behind the ball which is about 80% of our games.

He doesn’t seem suited to the way Gio wants to play. He was nowhere near as effective as Kamara in the holding role and didn’t look comfortable playing Aribo’s usual position once it was changed.

I always think he looks slightly out of position (or within a couple of yards of someone) and his passing is inconsistent at best. I just don’t see what he adds at this stage.

Maybe he needs more time to adapt to the way Gio wants to play in the same way he took a while to adapt to how Gerrard wanted to play, but he needs to turn the corner quickly. If he doesn’t, he’ll need to make do being the guy Gio brings on for the last 15 minutes to see out tight games.

Lundstrum won a few challenges today by getting stuck in. Knocked the ball about like he’s supposed to, and yet at time he does look as if he’s chasing shadows.

I don't think he is suited to playing in a midfield that dominates the ball for 90 mins most games. Too slow and his passes always seem just ever so slightly off, behind the player.

And I still don't know how to spell his f'ing name. :))
I kind of agree with this I don't doubt his effort and commitment but his whole career he'd been a battler scrapping for points as apposed to dominating games

As I’ve said all season, we’re honking when he starts.
Agree. When he starts we never seem to get pace in our passing or movement ; think he’s better suited to a team who defend most of the game; not a player who can find killer pass in games even against bottom half teams. Was gonny say “diddy teams” but Thot it would be cruel lol

Back