Three games that have been cancelled against Celtic

The Phil O’Donnell one showed them massively for what they are. Shameless rat bastards

But when it was Tommy Burns, who worked alongside that group of players. Funnily enough it was play the game it’s what Tommy would of wanted
I worked beside a rabid at the time and he said that the SMSM wanted to hide Burns death until after the UEFA cup final 2008, he was as paranoid as you can get

Princess Diana’s death because there couldn’t have been a minutes silence.

Phil O’Donnells death nothing to do with them he hadn’t played for them for 5yrs.

Now the winter shut down .

Everyone of those games we had wanted to play them that’s some pattern.
And was virtually chased out the club.

So it was I checked it wrong why oh why did we agree to that, they still don’t get slated for this 8yrs seriously.It should never have been sanctioned by the League then but we all know why it was, one of the most shameful episodes in their history even by their low standards.

We didn't really have an option.

I think Rangers were approached, albeit sneakily, and I think it was Walter who said 'Aye ok'.

I stand to be corrected on that though.
Think that is correct, however both Rangers and Walter Smith were backed into a corner of fake mentally challenged greef, and if we refused would have been portrayed as insensitive and looking to gain from the death of PO'D.

They really are manipulative lowlife scum and should then, and now, been called out for what they are.

So it was I checked it wrong why oh why did we agree to that, they still don’t get slated for this 8yrs seriously.It should never have been sanctioned by the League then but we all know why it was, one of the most shameful episodes in their history even by their low standards.
Lawwell got to work that morning lobbying the SPL.

Martin Bain was contacted and put in an awkward position because although he didn't agree with it and knew what they were up to, the treatment from the media would have been horrendous had he turned down the request.

Officially, Rangers still have to play along with the charade.

Last edited:
Think that is correct, however both Rangers and Walter Smith were backed into a corner of fake mentally challenged greef, and if we refused would have been portrayed as insensitive and looking to gain from the death of PO'D.

They really are manipulative lowlife scum and should then, and now, been called out for what they are.
So basically we cowed to the contrived opinions of a public who hate us anyway?

Yes, we were backed into a corner. The sad thing is, given the benefit and hindsight of what happened in 2008, this present lot of ours would still back down in the same circumstances. In my opinion of course. And the sound of silence this week doesn't suggest anything to the contrary.

I don't think you can put the postponement after Diana died on them tbh. Everything was getting cancelled at that time.
Yeah cause they care so much about the Royals if anything would’ve been desperate to disrespect her.
Not a dig just saying bud. I couldn’t stand her but wouldn’t wish death on her.

I'm not big on social media, but it has come a long way since those days . I expect Celtic and their fans to be feeling the full brunt of their cowardly act. They simply shat it. The players know it too and so do ours. We see them as weak

The Phil O'Donnell one boiled my blood. My son died of cardiac arrest the same year his school rallied round and kept going. Not the crap that they came out with about the Septic family. Complete manipulation of a situation because it was a fixture it looked like they'd lose. Also annoying because the opposition, who were on the park when he died were refused a postponement.

I worked beside a rabid at the time and he said that the SMSM wanted to hide Burns death until after the UEFA cup final 2008, he was as paranoid as you can get
Actually I believe that.I heard 2 days prior to final that he had died but nowt announced incase we won uefa.This was to steal thunder.

The Diana one still irks me, play it and we’d have grubbed them and their manager‘s jacket was on a shaker nail.
Postponed, they had time to re-group and we ran into a glut if troubles.

Don’t forget that Dundee Utd who witnessed Phil O’Donnell’s death were made to play.
I’ll never forget Strachan’s crocodile tears over someone he probably had never even met.

The Diana one still irks me, play it and we’d have grubbed them and their manager‘s jacket was on a shaker nail.
Postponed, they had time to re-group and we ran into a glut if troubles.

I was in Ibiza for that game, was raging as we would have pumped them. Negri put 5 past Dundee Utd the week before. Diana’s death cost us 10IAR

Phil O’Donnells death nothing to do with them he hadn’t played for them for 5yrs.

The Phil O’Donnell one will always stick with me. Using a poor man’s death to get their way! Shameless bastard. A player who hadn’t played for them in years and with all due respect at most a fringe player for them.

One of their club legends passes away (Tommy burns) and they play on as that’s what he would have wanted

Shameless bastards from top to bottom

I don't think you can put the postponement after Diana died on them tbh. Everything was getting cancelled at that time.
Yea I always thought we cancelled that as a few of our players never wanted to play? Or have I mixed this up with a Scotland game around that time ?

So basically we cowed to the contrived opinions of a public who hate us anyway?

Yes, we were backed into a corner. The sad thing is, given the benefit and hindsight of what happened in 2008, this present lot of ours would still back down in the same circumstances. In my opinion of course. And the sound of silence this week doesn't suggest anything to the contrary.
Yes and it appears our current board will once again not call this out, however, I'll be charitable for now as they may have some sort of strategic plan in mind however much I doubt it.

PO'D's death was undoubtedly a tragedy for his family, Motherwell and Scottish football as a whole.

What it wasn't was a tragedy for Celtic requiring a postponement due to their grief, he was a player they had chased out 8 years earlier and were glad to be rid of.

As I said manipulative, low life scum who should've been called out long ago.

Aiden McGeady was their best player by a mile that year of O’Donnell’s death. He’d been sent off a game or 2 before the old firm game and would have been suspended for it. Convenient that he returned for the re-arranged game.

That’s the real reason the game was postponed. Nothing to do with O’Donnell dying. Had it been about his death, they’d have asked for the game to be postponed in the aftermath of Tommy Burns’ death.

Shameless bastards.

Let's not forget the first old firm game of last season was pushed back to give them the best chance possible of having fans in.
That was the Super Duper Random Fixture computer although they had'suggested' playing it as late as possible in the first round of fixtures in the hope of getting fans in.
Also this computer has managed to send us to Pittodrie the home of the 3rd placed team in two out of 3 seasons when the scum win the league , we win the league the scum get the newly promoted team away on opening day (how did that work out btw?) the 13th placed team in Scotland but,but, these fixtures are random, aye okay but the clown that inputs the data is not , has been given instructions /Timmy requests from Doncaster & Co.

Aiden McGeady was their best player by a mile that year of O’Donnell’s death. He’d been sent off a game or 2 before the old firm game and would have been suspended for it. Convenient that he returned for the re-arranged game.

That’s the real reason the game was postponed. Nothing to do with O’Donnell dying. Had it been about his death, they’d have asked for the game to be postponed in the aftermath of Tommy Burns’ death.

Shameless bastards.
Think the "holy goalie" Boruc was also missing due to injury as well.

As I remember it , may well be wrong of course, were we not on a good run of form going into this game? Seemed like a convenient time for a postponement, one might say!

As you said, Shameless bastards.

they must have a wee room in pedodome where these cretins troll through things looking for deflection and how to gain advantages scummy F*cks any wonder they do not accept liability for the poor abused they think they are above everything but hopefully things catching up on them

IIRC they pushed the OF at Parkhead back the season they beat us 4-2 to win the league?
Yip you are correct they were missing burns and aitken d as I managed to do show get the game rescheduled
Incidentally I think every game they’ve rescheduled against us the kants have won !!!

Back