Three games that have been cancelled against Celtic

Princess Diana’s death because there couldn’t have been a minutes silence.

Phil O’Donnells death nothing to do with them he hadn’t played for them for 5yrs.

Now the winter shut down .

Everyone of those games we had wanted to play them that’s some pattern.

You've just highlighted why Rangers should employ a professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies we face from the footballing authorities, media and others. There's so much evidence out there but no one is gathering and presenting it. The general public need to see the facts presented in a way that leaves them in no doubt as to what is going on in this country.

They've been at it for more than 70 years.

I can't remember what exact year this is from but that lot had requested to the SFA that a match to be postponed or even cancelled altogether because they weren't happy about referees. Unlike today, the SFA told them to go fk themselves.

gn20.png

What's the story and what game around the princess Diana one? I'd of been far too young to remember that.

So distraught that they were signing Hinkel at the same time as POD's funeral service - don't forget they also politicised that -cramming their full squad, management and chairman into the chapel when they were requested to only send 3 reps. Many could not attend the service because they had taken over the entire show.

Then there was the tribute game which basically became a title celebration party (but more accurately a get it right up the Rangers party).

Their behaviour throughout the second half of that season was EVIL.

What's the story and what game around the princess Diana one? I'd of been far too young to remember that.
We were on fire with Marco Negri banging the goals in L,R & C. They were p1sh and running very scared. Games down South were still going ahead on the same day.
From memory a Scotland game still went ahead at Pittodrie in the same period.

So distraught that they were signing Hinkel at the same time as POD's funeral service - don't forget they also politicised that -cramming their full squad, management and chairman into the chapel when they were requested to only send 3 reps. Many could not attend the service because they had taken over the entire show.

Then there was the tribute game which basically became a title celebration party (but more accurately a get it right up the Rangers party).

Their behaviour throughout the second half of that season was EVIL.
It’s what Phil would have wanted after all.

Think that is correct, however both Rangers and Walter Smith were backed into a corner of fake mentally challenged greef, and if we refused would have been portrayed as insensitive and looking to gain from the death of PO'D.

They really are manipulative lowlife scum and should then, and now, been called out for what they are.
Thats the way I recall it too. Bastards.

I was in Ibiza for that game, was raging as we would have pumped them. Negri put 5 past Dundee Utd the week before. Diana’s death cost us 10IAR

We lost to IFK Gothenburg before Diana died. Indeed, we didn’t win our first three games after she died - Dundee United, Aberdeen and Strasbourg.

It’s a myth we were flying at the time. I also doubt Rangers were eager to play after a Royal death of such magnitude. McCoist et al didn’t want to play for Scotland a week later.

The Phil O’Donnell one showed them massively for what they are. Shameless rat bastards

But when it was Tommy Burns, who worked alongside that group of players. Funnily enough it was play the game it’s what Tommy would of wanted
Strachan could not have given a %^*& about Tommy Burns. That little scroat is as bad as Liewell.
Yes, I’m still bitter about 2008.

We lost to IFK Gothenburg before Diana died. Indeed, we didn’t win our first three games after she died - Dundee United, Aberdeen and Strasbourg.

It’s a myth we were flying at the time. I also doubt Rangers were eager to play after a Royal death of such magnitude. McCoist et al didn’t want to play for Scotland a week later.

Diana died 31st Aug. We lost 3-0 in Sweden more than 2 weeks before that. We pumped Dundee Hibs 5-1 on 23rd Aug, drawing 1-1 with IFKG 4 days later (4 days before her death).
We drew with sheep, lost in France and beat StJ in the 3 games after.

Remember speaking to some Tims on holiday and they were happy it was postponed, although that rings a bell now about our players not wanting to play…
Just remember being stuck at Ibiza airport for 12 hours when we flew home the day of her funeral, all the British airports were closed for most of the day.
(additional info - I slept for 15 hours when I got back and pished my bed)

Last edited:
The Phil O’Donnell one showed them massively for what they are. Shameless rat bastards

But when it was Tommy Burns, who worked alongside that group of players. Funnily enough it was play the game it’s what Tommy would of wanted
Absolutely, this was among the lowest of behaviour they’ve ever overtly done. Really really poor and a shame for the mans family to be caught up in that on top of losing him.

Yet celtic were so grief stricken by the passing of Phil o donnells death they signed a player on the day of the poor man's funeral.

Diana died 31st Aug. We lost 3-0 in Sweden more than 2 weeks before that. We pumped Dundee Hibs 5-1 on 23rd Aug, drawing 1-1 with IFKG 4 days later (4 days before her death).
We drew with sheep, lost in France and beat StJ in the 3 games after.

Remember speaking to some Tims on holiday and they were happy it was postponed, although that rings a bell now about our players not wanting to play…
Just remember being stuck at Ibiza airport for 12 hours when we flew home the day of her funeral, all the British airports weee closed for most of the day.
(additional information, I slept for 15 hours when I got back and pished my bed)

We were knocked out by IFK in a pretty abject performance. No chance of overturning the 0-3. Dundee United then beat us 1-0 in the League Cup at Ibrox in the first game back. Our form was erratic albeit the Bheggars had also lost their first two league games.

We would probably have won it, mind you!

Reactions: BWO

Phil O’Donnells death nothing to do with them he hadn’t played for them for 5yrs.

To be fair, all football was postponed as a result of Princess Diana’s death. The funeral was on a Saturday if I recall correctly.

The 2007-2008 league championship that they won is the most disgusting, shameful, cretinous, vile and most fitting trophy they have won in their entire poisonous existence.

The O'Donnell, Burns and tour of Japan unholy trinity.

Forgot last year they moved the first old firm game of the season to October,as they thought ,their would be fans allowed back by then!

I’m sure super came out and said rangers players wouldn’t play for Scotland on the day of Diana’s funeral. So game was changed to the Sunday. I’m sure it was at pitroddie

4-1 against Belarus

Don’t forget that Dundee Utd who witnessed Phil O’Donnell’s death were made to play.
I’ll never forget Strachan’s crocodile tears over someone he probably had never even met.

I was in Ibiza for that game, was raging as we would have pumped them. Negri put 5 past Dundee Utd the week before. Diana’s death cost us 10IAR
I’m sorry but I can’t agree that Princess Diana’s death cost us 10IAR. We had an aging squad which was on its last legs, we even had to get Gough back. We had introduced too many new players at one time, some of which never adapted well.

We never really replaced Davie Robertson either, a great player for us. Stale Stensaas was a very poor signing.

Negri downed tools halfway through the season leaving us reliant on Ally who, although he tried his best, was on the way out.

Laudrup and Walter were also leaving.

Gascoigne was in a terrible physical condition and rarely turned up, he had his off field issues and it was a miracle we got what we did from Boro.

Game was on the Sunday she had died the night before as pointed out games went ahead down South.

Maybe so. But you are making out that we wanted to press ahead and play the game while they were pushing for a cancellation.

I don't think that was the case in 1997 when Diana died.

1997 - Game was on the Monday night for STV live coverage

Only game that went ahead was Bolton v Everton as it Bolton 1st League game at the Reebok live on Sky

All other games were postponed on the Sunday that were due to be played

The 2007-2008 league championship that they won is the most disgusting, shameful, cretinous, vile and most fitting trophy they have won in their entire poisonous existence.

The O'Donnell, Burns and tour of Japan unholy trinity.
Was just coming to post that about their tour of Japan that never happened

It’s a crap decision to shut down early instead of playing BCD. It clearly favours the mentally challengeds wallowing their injured players to heal and penalizes us by having three players out with the ACN when we have to play the rearranged game.

So much for sporting integrity…

Scottish football is rotten to the core.

So it was I checked it wrong why oh why did we agree to that, they still don’t get slated for this 8yrs seriously.It should never have been sanctioned by the League then but we all know why it was, one of the most shameful episodes in their history even by their low standards.
We’d have created a problem if we’d said “no”.
We’d have been heartless qunts and we’d have given them something (else) to be enraged about.
Anyway, they’d have appealed to the authorities who’d simply give them what they wanted.
Actually, I think Walter alluded to that first line when asked for his thoughts.

Was not the case that Dundee United, whose players were on the pitch when Phil O’Donnell collapsed, requested that their next game be postponed, and this was refused?

Maybe so. But you are making out that we wanted to press ahead and play the game while they were pushing for a cancellation.

I don't think that was the case in 1997 when Diana died.
I’m not making out anything Everton played on Monday night football carried on that Weekend is what I’m saying.

This.

They must have a wee team of guys working 24/7 to make sure every contentious decision goes in their favour.
They deserve a bonus as they get their way all the time

Yes and it appears our current board will once again not call this out, however, I'll be charitable for now as they may have some sort of strategic plan in mind however much I doubt it.

PO'D's death was undoubtedly a tragedy for his family, Motherwell and Scottish football as a whole.

What it wasn't was a tragedy for Celtic requiring a postponement due to their grief, he was a player they had chased out 8 years earlier and were glad to be rid of.

As I said manipulative, low life scum who should've been called out long ago.
When O'Donnell and Donnelly went down to Shef Wed, they were castigated as mercanaries by the yahoos.

Eight years on that mercenary was their saviour. How low can you go? They can go lower than any bar you want to set wearing stilts.

The truly are the most rancid, corrupt organisation in the history of sport, any sport, worldwide at any time.

Shameless FC.

Honestly, they have absolutely no morals whatsoever.

It’s what separates those rats from us.

We had won our first two league games, Hearts 3-1 and Dundee Utd 5-1, with Negri with weighing with seven goals. We were flying domestically and set to pummel the yahoos.

Dundee Utd in the LC was a fluke, but I thought Aberdeen was down to disasters in the defence. Two goals to the good and then 3-2. Hard to believe that the third league match in could ultimately cost us the title. Albeit there were a lot of shambolic displays still to come.

We’d have created a problem if we’d said “no”.
We’d have been heartless qunts and we’d have given them something (else) to be enraged about.
Anyway, they’d have appealed to the authorities who’d simply give them what they wanted.
Actually, I think Walter alluded to that first line when asked for his thoughts.
I remember Hugh Keevins on Clyde SSB saying that Celtic‘s request to postpone that game had put Walter Smith and the Rangers Board in an invidious position. When this postponement added to Rangers’ fixture congestion at the end of that season Celtic refused to cooperate with any suggestion of help and claimed they had helped by allowing Rangers to play four games in eight days to complete the season. Yes, they helped - themselves!

I have always been of the opinion Diana's death had a big part to play in our failure to win 10IAR.They were playing shite, we were on fire, it was a sure fire 3pts. We drew the rearranged game, scum equalising in final minute.

The same could be said over the dreadful death of Phil O'Donnell. Again we were playing well, they were so out of form and also hit with suspensions and injuries. Again we were big favs to win but rearrangerd fixture saw Celtic scored injury time winner and put a big dent in our title push. We'd lose to them again 3-2 11 days later with a genuine question mark over each Scum goal.

History has a way of repeating itself. Fingers crossed, not this time.

I think Rangers were approached, albeit sneakily, and I think it was Walter who said 'Aye ok'.

I stand to be corrected on that though.
I can correct you on that mate. Under no circumstances did Walter say aye OK.
I am not going into stuff on here but there are posters on here who will back me and know where I was that day and with whom.
Not having a go MTB but honestly that is not even close to what happened on that day.

They abused POD for leaving on a free, said he was shite and injury prone then used his death to their advantage.

Utter vermin
They absolutely did, as I said at the time.

Sadly far too many on here gave me flack and made out that they weren’t trying to manipulate fixtures to their devious ends.

Thankfully history has shown it to be the most cynical episode of cheating in the history of Scottish football.

They absolutely did, as I said at the time.

Sadly far too many on here gave me flack and made out that they weren’t trying to manipulate fixtures to their devious ends.

Thankfully history has shown it to be the most cynical episode of cheating in the history of Scottish football.
I and many others called them out at the time on here and hundreds agreed with our point of view

It was obvious what they were up to.

So it was I checked it wrong why oh why did we agree to that, they still don’t get slated for this 8yrs seriously.It should never have been sanctioned by the League then but we all know why it was, one of the most shameful episodes in their history even by their low standards.
I wonder how many of those that where to upset to play, actually attended the funeral to pay their respects.???

I remember Hugh Keevins on Clyde SSB saying that Celtic‘s request to postpone that game had put Walter Smith and the Rangers Board in an invidious position. When this postponement added to Rangers’ fixture congestion at the end of that season Celtic refused to cooperate with any suggestion of help and claimed they had helped by allowing Rangers to play four games in eight days to complete the season. Yes, they helped - themselves!
I get angry just reading that again.

The match rearranged after Diana's death didn't take place for another two-and-a-half months.

They claimed that they had to take down equipment after a Wet, Wet , Wet concert (held the week after) but it looked like another case of playing the match when it best suited them.

Back